Dana White talks about"big news" rumors on CNBC - Summary

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White talks about"big news" rumors on CNBC - Summary
kastro_316
6/10/08 1:26:25PM
DreamFighters.com

Today on CNBC's Power Lunch, Dana White and Brock Lesnar announced a deal with toy maker Jakks Paficic INC.
TWITA
6/10/08 1:31:24PM
that's it (way to nail your 18-34 year old target market)? I hope the Thursday announcement is a little more meaty and not - "we've signed a deal with Gatorade to be the official sports drink of the Octagon".
grappler0000
6/10/08 1:32:49PM
Well, it's gotta be something involving their International Expansion plan IMO....or Handy vs Fedor in the UFC
Aaronno9
6/10/08 1:35:14PM
Haha, i thought that was the big announcement at first, i was just thinking wtf!
tuvok500
6/10/08 1:38:08PM
Dana got us all !!!

Well, of course it will be very good for the UFC bank account to sell figurines and all kind of UFC stuff around the world, good for them and i am happy for them but we were not waiting for that kind of major announcement !! lol

Well, on the other hand , i know a lot of guys here who will start a collection of ufc figurines !!!

hodge
6/10/08 2:01:47PM
This would have been great news if i was still 8
dannyfrank
6/10/08 2:52:06PM
thats it!? action figures!!
postman
6/10/08 2:52:24PM
man I even set up my DVR for that shit!
Canadian-Pain
6/10/08 2:59:10PM
i know tonnes of children at bars, and forking out the 40 bucks for the PPV

odd decision by white, but he's just going for any cash grab he can get.
billycarnage
6/10/08 3:02:48PM
Not too exciting because we all new it would come around.
I expect them to be statuettes rather than action figures so they will be for display not for 8 year olds.
I will be a collector.

Kinda like McFarlens.
iwannabesedated
6/10/08 3:43:11PM
Awesome, i can finally have the dream match in the octagon with my old Gi Joes and UFC figures..

I've always dreamed of these matchups

Randy Vs Cobra Commander.
Brock Lesnar Vs Sgt.Slaughter
Bj Penn Vs Snake Eyes
Chuck Lidell Vs Duke
Dan Henderson Vs Muskrat.
Anderson Silva Vs Gung- Ho

jakeiceman
6/10/08 3:59:24PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Awesome, i can finally have the dream match in the octagon with my old Gi Joes and UFC figures..

I've always dreamed of these matchups

Randy Vs Cobra Commander.
Brock Lesnar Vs Sgt.Slaughter
Bj Penn Vs Snake Eyes
Chuck Lidell Vs Duke
Dan Henderson Vs Muskrat.
Anderson Silva Vs Gung- Ho

Shit put those matches on PPV and I will buy it !

Note, THANK GOD they are not partnering with WWE
juanez13
6/10/08 5:04:00PM
Here is the Video->
LINK
tmas
6/10/08 6:47:01PM
Dana's annoucments always sucks he hypes them up and then its like damn!

I wouldnt be suprised if the huge thursday annoucment was that he will give

10 normal ordinay people a chance to face a champion in the octo. 2 people at each weight class random normal arse people with little to no training. Those two people fight and the winner gets a title shot. LIKE ROCKY!!!!

yea whatever he pretty much said that the things i thought it would be a (network tv deal) are not what is going to be.

hmm
MrGreeny
6/10/08 6:50:02PM
I hope his announcement is much more than that. Otherwise i would say, that he tricked us all..

In all cases he is one bald Joker!

mrsmiley
6/10/08 7:54:26PM
I think it's cool.Sure you guys might laugh now,but when those first figures price range swells to that of the PRIDE figures,you'll wish you would have bought em.
xburbx
6/10/08 8:58:21PM
I wonder if it isnt part of a 10 year growth strategy. Attract the younger crowd and get to them as early as possible in any way. Im all for it if that part of the strategy. If it works, it would cause the sport to grow by leaps and bounds. Obviously they need more than just figurines.
GrandMaster313
6/10/08 9:11:40PM
Dana White's "Big News" announcements are about as exciting as watching 2 Horse Flys Mate! !
Lay_N_Pray
6/11/08 1:03:48AM
It won't be a WWE partnership, it would have leaked already. That wrestling stuff is always leaked by inside sources.

I'm thinking it has to do with sanctioning in New York....maybe saying their December card will be in MSG.

I hope it's a network deal, but probably not