Dana White: (Spike TV) Is the Worst Channel in the History of the World

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: (Spike TV) Is the Worst Channel in the History of the World
grappler0000
9/23/12 4:51:52PM
Divorce is always hard and while both parties involved try to remain amicable, it happens quite often that things break down and end up in a shouting match between the two parties.

It’s no different in the world of sports and television because when relationships are going well, there’s nothing but smiles and handshakes all around. But when things break down, and the mud starts slinging, it’s open season on any and all comments made towards each other in the press.

For months after leaving Spike TV in favor of a new 7-year deal with Fox, UFC President Dana White remained on fairly solid ground with his former television partner.

He wasn’t likely going to send much business their way, but still White stayed fairly friendly towards his competitors at Spike TV after their long relationship helped build the UFC and the network to new heights.

Now, the gloves are off and both seem ready to aim and fire at one another whenever the gun is loaded, and following UFC 152 on Saturday night, White blasted off a few shots at his former television home...

Full Story
pmoney
9/23/12 4:59:56PM
Sounds about right to me. Spike is and always will be stale and derivative.
Bubbles
9/23/12 5:09:23PM

Posted by pmoney

whats wrong with watching 5h daily marathons of CSI and Jail?
grappler0000
9/23/12 5:15:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by pmoney

whats wrong with watching 5h daily marathons of CSI and Jail?

Funny thing about CSI...the person who brought that show to Spike back in the day was actually fired for doing so. They were looking to brand the channel as a men's network and CSI brought in too many female viewers.
infestructure
9/23/12 5:27:46PM
You guys have so many channels, and so many of them suck. In NZ we have 4 free channels (yes four) and maybe 60 "Cable" type channels, they all suck.
prophecy033
9/23/12 5:29:14PM
So what does that say about you doing business with them for countless years?
shaneTpain
9/23/12 6:02:16PM
Danas such a troll these days
Twenty20Dollars
9/23/12 6:23:50PM
Idk, there are a lot of bad channels out there.

History of the world is a big statement. Education channel probably sucks worse.
hashyandy4
9/23/12 7:00:10PM

Posted by pmoney

agreed
tallica62
9/23/12 7:28:45PM
Dana is a funny bunny and I basically never believe or give credit to anything he says

He's quite the politician..always flip floppin
thevoodooninja
9/23/12 7:52:27PM
thats dana being dana...

if they was still on spike he would say how great the channel is
Goatenstein
9/23/12 8:58:49PM
The UFC might not even exist right now if Spike hadn't given them a chance. Dana can say TUF is a homerun for FX all he wants, getting less than a million viewers for a season premiere has got to be eating away at him.
bjj1605
9/23/12 11:48:19PM

Posted by Goatenstein

The UFC might not even exist right now if Spike hadn't given them a chance.\

Ya but that's not what we're talking about. Name one good show on Spike TV.

The only reason I ever watched Spike was for the UFC.

Deadliest Warrior was fun for the first 5-10 episodes, then it got boring and repetitive.

Nothing else even deserves mentioning except in the negative.

1000 Ways to Die is the worst thing to happen to humanity since the bubonic plague.
Bubbles
9/24/12 12:32:01AM
Manswers was a good show
bjj1605
9/24/12 12:58:58AM

Posted by Bubbles

Manswers was a good show

No....just no.....

Bubbles
9/24/12 8:29:21AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Manswers was a good show

No....just no.....

I forgot the sarcasm emoticon
prozacnation1978
9/24/12 10:03:06AM
Then why were you on it for so many Years
Gogoplatapus
9/24/12 10:56:34AM
I've said it before, there was only one reason to watch Spike TV.

Now there are none.
bigrand826
9/26/12 8:57:00AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Now there are none.

When do they start showing Bellator? I'll start watching again when that happens, but, since the UFC programming left, I haven't watched it either.
grappler0000
9/26/12 10:14:20AM

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Now there are none.

When do they start showing Bellator? I'll start watching again when that happens, but, since the UFC programming left, I haven't watched it either.

At the start of the new year, Spike loses the UFC library rights and is open to show Bellator.
FlashyG
9/26/12 12:12:57PM
Bar Rescue and Surviving Disaster weren't that bad...Its not a very good channel but its not as bad as Dana wants us to think.

TUF was performing better on Spike than it is on FX and it clearly bothers Dana.
lohmann
9/26/12 4:16:12PM
I find it funny that Dana White thinks a show being moved to Friday is good for its bottomline. Friday and Saturday are considered the death slots for TV and FOX utilizes it most. How long will it take before Dana White realizes that people do not watch TUF because it is a bad product now? Now that MMA fans and potential MMA fans can get the best fighters on the planet with free FOX shows and fights without drama on free FX shows, what purpose does TUF serve?

As for the worst channel on TV, I do not know what washed-up star they have exploited lately, but VH1 has had reality shows based on the lives of Chad Ochocinco, Hulk Hogan, and Flavor Flav.