Dana White 'sold' on women's version of The Ultimate Fighter

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White 'sold' on women's version of The Ultimate Fighter
sparky
12/6/12 6:51:28PM
Less than an hour after Ronda Rousey was introduced as the inaugural UFC women's bantamweight champion, the discussion had already turned toward ways to bolster the new division.

Fielding question from a small collection of reporters on Thursday afternoon, UFC President Dana White was asked if he would be open to an all-female version of The Ultimate Fighter, with Rousey as one of the head coaches.

"Yeah, obviously," White replied. "Listen, she's a world champion. What do you see on TUF? You see world champions as head coaches. Listen, I'm in man. I'm sold.

"The reason we have women's MMA now is because of her."

Link
Bubbles
12/6/12 7:21:44PM
I called this
KingCmb
12/6/12 8:00:42PM
Great idea for finding talent....the worst idea to get people interested or get ratings
FastKnockout
12/6/12 8:52:37PM
Oh god no...
Twenty20Dollars
12/6/12 9:03:54PM
No bra's allowed.
jae_1833
12/6/12 10:59:56PM

Posted by the-king

Great idea for finding talent....the worst idea to get people interested or get ratings

I disagree, it has a solid chance. Ever noticed how many guys love watching the lingerie football league. It may be the change that TUF needs to boost ratings along with the change of schedule. They can also have it be vs Cyborg (if Rousey wins her match vs Liz, which she should). Then it could additionally be U.S. vs Brazil. I think it could be a nice boost, certainly an interesting change. Girls are also way more eager to be wrapped up in house drama....drunken girl fights will certainly bring ratings and if Dana is all about the almighty dollar (as you all say he is) then he will certainly make this happen.
kingsmasher
12/7/12 2:38:44AM
This has already been done...Its the Bad Girls Club...

The drama could end up back-firing...Women could actually all end up as friends..

The best way for this idea to work is simply let the ladies go out to the clubs and thats how you create the drama...
Tyzzler
12/7/12 10:27:44AM

Posted by Bubbles

I called this

I'd say just about everybody did. It's what happens with a new weight division, let alone a new gender, in the UFC.
Bubbles
12/7/12 11:28:23AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

No bra's allowed.

Gogoplatapus
12/7/12 1:16:55PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by the-king

Ever noticed how many guys love watching the lingerie football league.

I don't know a single person who has ever watched or planned on watching that.
prozacnation1978
12/7/12 7:05:25PM
Reason why for Ufc women MMA is cause
Dana wants that ass !!

I would watch it for sure tuf women
Something fresh and different
Probably rousey and cyborg or Tate as coaches

My guess is Tate vs Kaufman in march Canada ppv event which is a rumor right now for march 23rd
prophecy033
12/7/12 8:26:05PM
Hes gonna need to do something like this to get guys like me to watch cuz the way it is now is getting old
jae_1833
12/7/12 11:25:59PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by the-king

Ever noticed how many guys love watching the lingerie football league.

I don't know a single person who has ever watched or planned on watching that.

Every male with two eggs and one sausage that I have met do....routinely.