Dana White Shares his Thoughts on EliteXC (video)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White Shares his Thoughts on EliteXC (video)
juanez13
10/11/08 8:31:51AM
As you might expect, he's pretty pissed off. more mad than i've ever seen him on an interview.

LINK

DvS
10/11/08 8:42:05AM
Have to give Dana respect, he doesn't pull any punches. He speaks his mind and doesn't care what anyone thinks.

I agree with him. One of his best interviews in awhile
grappler0000
10/11/08 9:20:53AM
I just wish Dana would tell us how he really feels.
Chuteboxer
10/11/08 9:38:08AM
Dana is the man. Now I really hope UFC 89 does well next weekend, just to make a point...
Franklinfan47
10/11/08 10:38:30AM
Say what you want about Dana, he speaks the truth. If I were in his position I'd be pissed too.
Naturaldisaster
10/11/08 11:26:01AM
Dana is completely right. I hope Elite XC gets investigated and shut down! Im sick of hearin about elite XC's retard promoters doin stupid stuff. Their bad for the sport, they dont know anything about the sport.
tuvok500
10/11/08 11:27:02AM
Dana for President !!!

War Dana !!

MFOTHER
10/11/08 12:32:36PM
people always say, why hate on elitexc, you must not be a real mma fan. the more fights gthe better.
the first event, was a travesty.. total joke.
then, they fixed alot of problems, and the second cbs event, wasnt bad imo.
but the crap thats comming out now is just insane.
I dont want the sport i love to be associated with ANY kind of fixed fight. People complain all the time about refs, or judges, but the president of a company telling a fighter how he should fight, and how much more or less money he would get depneding on the fight is ridiculous.
I'd rather miss out on seeing some great XC fighters fight: diaz, shields, alavarez. then have a company make money off of set up fights.

CantAndleDaRiddum
10/11/08 12:50:47PM
i love dana
copcopps
10/11/08 1:01:06PM
While I hate the way he pays, he speaks the truth.
Jackelope
10/11/08 1:15:03PM
Dana has obviously made a very concerted effort to improve his image in the public over the past year. Really he's done it since the Men's fitness cover. It's definitely working and this interview has only moved him up one more notch in my eyes
Wallass
10/11/08 6:26:35PM
When did Dana White become Vince McMahon?
Branwest
10/11/08 6:35:20PM
Poor Dana, he really needs to work on getting over his shyness.

I completely agree with Dana on this. He's spent a TON of money on PR and trying to improve the image of the UFC and MMA. He wants to be able to hold an event in any state, and right now he can't. And although they've been making serious progress, EXC just set the whole damn thing back. It's pathetic. If I were Alvarez, Lawler, or anyone else under contract right now with Elite, I would get a good lawyer and challenge it due to the circumstances that have presented themselves in the past week or so. They need to get out from under that poorly managed, crooked organization. The Shaws don't need to be involved in the world of mma in ANY way.
telnights
10/11/08 6:41:13PM
I agree with him 100% on this. When I got asked last night by some friends what I thought about the hole thing I basically said the same thing Dana is saying. They tried to change the outcome of the fight plan and simple. That's fixing fights!!! Whats funny is they thought for sure Kimbo would do ok standing and it ended up biting them in the butt. But that still doesn't change the fact of what they did and something should be done about it.
DvS
10/11/08 11:44:31PM

Posted by Wallass

Correction

Shaw is McMahon
TimW001
10/12/08 12:35:01AM
Dana is the ******* man!
voodoo-jitsu
10/12/08 12:44:10AM

Posted by DvS

Posted by Wallass

Correction

Shaw is McMahon

shaw is no McMahon atleast vince knows whats good for his business shaw is clueless and hes going to ruin mma single handedly if he keeps this up
Naturaldisaster
10/12/08 9:19:15AM

Posted by thevoodooninja

Posted by DvS

Posted by Wallass

Correction

Shaw is McMahon

shaw is no McMahon atleast vince knows whats good for his business shaw is clueless and hes going to ruin mma single handedly if he keeps this up

Dana is like Mcmahon because he and vince are both geniuses when it comes to business. Shaw is like Paul Heyman or Eric Bischoff, not good business men, and running a company that is destined for failure
imanidiot777
10/12/08 11:44:51AM

Posted by copcopps

The ways he pays will change as the UFC grows, its not like the money is all going to one person, they spend SO MUCH money on promotion and growing and that should be more important than every fighter getting their million dollars right now. This is nothing like the CRIMINAL AIG CEO's or anything, the UFC puts a BUTTLOAD of money back into building itself. Once it gets HUGE, the fighters will make way more, all the other organizations that pay out their wazoo are all in tremendous debt so maybe Dana is actually smart for it.

Back on topic, I love Dana White!
copcopps
10/12/08 12:02:10PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by copcopps

The ways he pays will change as the UFC grows, its not like the money is all going to one person, they spend SO MUCH money on promotion and growing and that should be more important than every fighter getting their million dollars right now. This is nothing like the CRIMINAL AIG CEO's or anything, the UFC puts a BUTTLOAD of money back into building itself. Once it gets HUGE, the fighters will make way more, all the other organizations that pay out their wazoo are all in tremendous debt so maybe Dana is actually smart for it.

Back on topic, I love Dana White!

Nice point ya got their, especially what happened at Affliction
metaray
10/12/08 2:26:37PM
Dana is awesome. Tells it like it is.
Bowen50
10/12/08 5:38:30PM
Dana is the man
jgtribbett
10/12/08 6:39:11PM

Posted by grappler0000

I just wish Dana would tell us how he really feels.

hahahahaha.. thats funny
but honestly.. i think the UFC does similar things.

dont be mad.. i love mma and ufc.. but dana has been known to fix boxing matches in the past.. maybe i'm wrong.. hwo knows.. all i know is that if dana is legit nowadays.. thats awsome and the vid was awsome