Dana White says UFC won't counter-program Bellator 106 pay-per-view

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White says UFC won't counter-program Bellator 106 pay-per-view
prophecy033
8/15/13 4:36:25PM
Don't expect the UFC to cram another show onto its already busy end-of-year schedule to compete with Bellator MMA. Dana White told MMAjunkie.com there will be no counter-programming Bellator 106.

Link
bjj1605
8/15/13 4:40:53PM
No need to. Its more embarrassing if (when) they fail on their own.

Seriously Belator...the one thing you had going for you was that you built your own talent rather than accepting the dregs of the UFC. What happened?
Webbie
8/15/13 4:46:25PM

Posted by bjj1605

Seriously Belator...the one thing you had going for you was that you built your own talent rather than accepting the dregs of the UFC. What happened?

I tried giving you Props for this, but I have to spread the love
grappler0000
8/15/13 5:29:33PM
No counter means no excuses. Dana just provided the rope. Now it's up to Bellator to not hang themselves.
airkerma
8/15/13 6:34:53PM
So it's NOT opposite day??
prozacnation1978
8/15/13 8:45:53PM
Bellator isn't a threat
george112
8/15/13 9:22:04PM
Yall act like bellator failing with this means their going under. Even if they fail it will just be a lesson learned for them.

Bellator isn't going anywhere.
UFC_Fanatic
8/15/13 11:07:35PM

Posted by Webbie

Posted by bjj1605

I tried giving you Props for this, but I have to spread the love

It's okay, I got you covered on propping the man.
tallica62
8/16/13 12:13:59AM
This is Dana White talking. I won't be surprised if tomorrow he announces an event for that night. And then on Monday he says there is no event. And then on Friday there is an event. And then on Saturday Zuffa buys Bellator
Bustamante-Aoki
8/16/13 12:45:57AM

Posted by bjj1605

Eddie, Hector, and Marlon were made stars elsewhere and no one minded that Bellator didn't "build" them.

Tito and Rampage are two legends who are past their prime. They're main eventing a PPV which is being done for legal reasons mainly, but also to attract new viewers to Bellator who are watching Spike. It's not like they cancelled tournaments or something
machodog76
8/16/13 1:14:50PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by bjj1605

Eddie, Hector, and Marlon were made stars elsewhere and no one minded that Bellator didn't "build" them.

Tito and Rampage are two legends who are past their prime. They're main eventing a PPV which is being done for legal reasons mainly, but also to attract new viewers to Bellator who are watching Spike. It's not like they cancelled tournaments or something

what legal reasons? Is it something in their contracts?
machodog76
8/16/13 1:23:09PM

Posted by bjj1605

Kurt Pelligrino, Babalu, Brett Rogers (Strike force I know, still a wash out) War Machine, Roger Huerta, Seth Petruzelli, Neil Grove etc. I know thre's more I just can't think of them off the top of my head. This is nothing new for them.
bjj1605
8/16/13 4:02:09PM

Posted by machodog76
Kurt Pelligrino, Babalu, Brett Rogers (Strike force I know, still a wash out) War Machine, Roger Huerta, Seth Petruzelli, Neil Grove etc. I know thre's more I just can't think of them off the top of my head. This is nothing new for them.

Those guys got put into the tournament and treated like everyone else. They were there to stand on their merit as fighters, not stand on past glories.

Main eventing these guys is a joke.
Bustamante-Aoki
8/16/13 4:51:41PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by bjj1605

I quoted the wrong post

To keep Eddie Alvarez (and other fighters in the future) they had to put on a PPV to match UFC's contract, which had potential PPV bonus money in it.

I doubt they'll do many more, if any.
machodog76
8/16/13 6:31:46PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by machodog76

Those guys got put into the tournament and treated like everyone else. They were there to stand on their merit as fighters, not stand on past glories.

That's true, I'm just saying that picking up UFC castaways is nothing new. They aren't getting a title shot with a win I hope.
machodog76
8/16/13 6:32:47PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by machodog76

Posted by bjj1605

I quoted the wrong post

To keep Eddie Alvarez (and other fighters in the future) they had to put on a PPV to match UFC's contract, which had potential PPV bonus money in it.

I doubt they'll do many more, if any.

Interesting, thanks!
Webbie
8/16/13 6:40:38PM

Posted by machodog76

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by machodog76

That's true, I'm just saying that picking up UFC castaways is nothing new. They aren't getting a title shot with a win I hope.

After Rampage beats Tito I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator tried setting up King Mo versus Rampage if Mo gets by Newton, especially after all the trash talking they've done about each other. I'd be okay with that as long as Mo got KTFO, or at least battered for 25 minutes.