Dana White says Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz is next

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White says Georges St. Pierre vs. Nick Diaz is next
Next Page »
Shawn91111
12/6/12 4:19:29PM
It appears that UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre will get his way and Johny Hendricks will have to get back in line. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani spoke to UFC president Dana White after today's UFC on Fox 5 press conference, and he confirmed that it will be none other than Nick Diaz that probably faces GSP next:

Dana just said GSP told him I want Nick Diaz. Dana said that's probably the fight we'll make.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) December 6, 2012

Dana said that GSP doesn't ask for much, so he feels like he has to do it. Silva and Hendricks will have to wait.

Dana hasn't told Nick yet, but he is here. ... What did I tell you, my friends?

That means two things - the GSP/Anderson Silva thing is officially dead for now, and that's why they're talking about GSP defending his belt. And we're probably going to be hearing a lot from one pissed off Johny Hendricks in the next few days.

LINK
Copenhagen
12/6/12 4:20:55PM
NO!
Budgellism
12/6/12 4:21:47PM
I like Diaz and all but this is bullshit.
Shawn91111
12/6/12 4:23:32PM
Johny Hendricks ?@JohnyHendricks

Asking all fans to let Dana White know you don't agree! GSP says he wants Diaz next. @DanaWhite says "that's probably the fight we'll make"
40ouncetofreedom
12/6/12 4:32:08PM
I like Diaz and all,but Hendricks is getting F'd in the A here.

Diaz Vs GSP more $$$$$$$$$$$

Poor_Franklin
12/6/12 4:33:32PM
Hendricks is getting hosed.
sparky
12/6/12 4:36:42PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I agree but, I personally think this gives the UFC more time to get the casual fan interested in Hendricks where they dont have to do that with Diaz
Poor_Franklin
12/6/12 4:39:49PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I agree but, I personally think this gives the UFC more time to get the casual fan interested in Hendricks where they dont have to do that with Diaz

but even the casual fan will remember Diaz losing his last fight.

i get it. bigger name. make more money. blah blah. can''t wait to hear Diaz's excuses after he loses.
jakewalters
12/6/12 4:52:11PM
Tell Dana this is BS on twitter!!!!

airkerma
12/6/12 5:16:17PM
Wtf. This is horse shit. when you speak of making a legitimate sport, you proceed by making it about the sport, not the dollars. Yeah I think it would be a fun fight, but shit he lost and is coming off of a suspension. He should have just given reem an instant title shot too while he was at it, the difference being that reem won his last fight. This is unreal
prozacnation1978
12/6/12 5:39:59PM
No superfight now.
And Silva will defend the title one more time.

I don't mind gsp vs Diaz.
Hope its memorial day weekend in Vegas
FastKnockout
12/6/12 5:59:44PM
And Dana wonders why the UFC isn't always taken seriously..
frizzzlecake
12/6/12 6:08:03PM
Don King.
king_katool
12/6/12 6:08:52PM
Ive always been a hige DW supporter, love his in your face attitude not afraid to tell you how he feels, sure I dont always agree but its nice change from the other commissioners of other sports.

But this is absolute horse shit, good job trying to make the sport legitimate. WTF is this boxing.
I thought dana would learn from its mistakes but it seems like all he cares about is money fights not earned/deserved fights

Goatenstein
12/6/12 6:35:13PM
Maybe if Hendricks hadn't declared himself number one contender and refused to fight anyone else Dana would've given him the shot. I'm getting sick of the self-declarations of contendership.
ChrisSabal
12/6/12 6:38:47PM
complete garbage. Hendricks deserves the title shot. National champion wrestler and heavy hands. Perfect recipe to beat GSP.
jay98107
12/6/12 6:48:34PM
What concerns me about this matchup is the impact on non-English speaking fighters. It is obvious to me that both Diaz and Sonnen have talked their way into upcoming title shots, Diaz via getting under GSPs skin and Sonnen via irritating/amusing the public with his nonstop bullshitting. Obviously Hendricks speaks English, but it seems that a high value is being placed on flapping your gums rather than beating top 10 fighters. Fighters who don't speak English don't have the opportunity to bullshit their way into a title shot, and I'm concerned we are going to see fighters continue to get shafted.
thevoodooninja
12/6/12 6:56:49PM

Posted by iwannabesedated

DING DING DING we have a winner.

thats what dana is about. danas motto should be, if it dont make money it dont make sense (cents).

fighters in the UFC should take notice. if you're good at running off at the mouth, you get things handed to you. ie. diaz, sonnen, rousy

if i was a fighter i would seriously think about hiring the rock, stonecold steve austin, cm punk ect. to teach me how its done on the mic
jjeans
12/6/12 6:57:20PM

Posted by jay98107

What concerns me about this matchup is the impact on non-English speaking fighters. It is obvious to me that both Diaz and Sonnen have talked their way into upcoming title shots, Diaz via getting under GSPs skin and Sonnen via irritating/amusing the public with his nonstop bullshitting. Obviously Hendricks speaks English, but it seems that a high value is being placed on flapping your gums rather than beating top 10 fighters. Fighters who don't speak English don't have the opportunity to bullshit their way into a title shot, and I'm concerned we are going to see fighters continue to get shafted.

Fighters were getting shots due to being American before the smack talking started, this is nothing new

JDS was 7-0 in the UFC when he got his title shot, Cain was 6-0

Brad Morris, Jake O'Brien, Denis Stojnic, Cheick Kongo, Ben Rothwell and Big Nog
Are they really more impressive wins than
Fabricio Werdum, Stefan Struve, Mirko Filipovic, Gilbert Yvel, Gabriel Gonzaga, Roy Nelson & Shane Carwin.

I thought JDS was more deserving but they waited till they exposed him using TUF to show him to an American market.

Fighters being set back because of language has been there for a while, this is no different. How you deal with it I have no idea.

JoeWarren33
12/6/12 7:07:01PM

Hope this is 100% for sure!!
Anderson would of been awsome, but this is a fight im actually more excited to see!
Let the trash talking on GSP Start Nick!!!
Bubbles
12/6/12 7:20:45PM
Sonnen loses and gets a title shot
Penn loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot
Diaz loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot
ChrisSabal
12/6/12 7:37:11PM
look who tweeted at me
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
warglory
12/6/12 8:27:17PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

look who tweeted at me

You better frame that, Dana White telling you to shut up.
Goatenstein
12/6/12 8:49:22PM
I should say I think Hendricks deserves the shot, but his mouth may have cost him. Dana doesn't like being told what to do.
sbulldavid
12/6/12 8:53:06PM
LOL ! You guys beloved all that stuff he said about Strikeforce and their bulls*** fights didn't you. Nope Uncle Dana is a business man.
Bustamante-Aoki
12/6/12 9:39:39PM
I've been waiting 7 years for this fight. Diaz has been campaigning for this fight for 8 years.

Hendricks can wait. Diaz has been a contender since before Hendricks was even doing MMA.

Nick lost his chance due to press conference shenanigans then through bad reffing.

Hendricks has only been a contender for one year.

Seems prefectly fair to me that Diaz gets the next shot.

Budgellism
12/6/12 10:08:25PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

I've been waiting 7 years for this fight. Diaz has been campaigning for this fight for 8 years.

Hendricks can wait. Diaz has been a contender since before Hendricks was even doing MMA.

Nick lost his chance due to press conference shenanigans then through bad reffing.

Hendricks has only been a contender for one year.

Seems prefectly fair to me that Diaz gets the next shot.

Terrible logic.
jae_1833
12/6/12 10:47:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Sonnen loses and gets a title shot
Penn loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses and gets a title shot
Edgar loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot
Diaz loses (albeit bullshit decision) and gets a title shot

Bravo sir! This is why I love tourneys so much, takes all the politics out of it. Clear #1 contenders are established, then are given ample time to train up and steal the belt. In the mean time if the champ needs a fight they find as legitimate fighter as they can to fill in.
Manak
12/7/12 12:01:16AM
dont worry johny, diaz will screw up his shot again just like he did last time and you will get to fight GSP.
bjj1605
12/7/12 1:14:10AM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by iwannabesedated

DING DING DING we have a winner.

thats what dana is about. danas motto should be, if it dont make money it dont make sense (cents).

fighters in the UFC should take notice. if you're good at running off at the mouth, you get things handed to you. ie. diaz, sonnen, rousy

if i was a fighter i would seriously think about hiring the rock, stonecold steve austin, cm punk ect. to teach me how its done on the mic

"Do you wanna be a UFC cash cow? Do YOU! wanna be a F&*%ING UFC CASH COW!?!?!?!"
Pages: [1] 2