Dana White responds to Tom Atencio's challenge, calls him a "loser"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White responds to Tom Atencio's challenge, calls him a "loser"
MMAcca
5/15/09 1:36:33AM
Dana White, the Ultimate Fighting Championship's outspoken president, isn't one to turn down a challenge.

But White had to stop laughing on Wednesday before admitting that he has no interest in fighting Affliction Entertainment promoter Tom Atencio.

LINK
fizzle
5/15/09 2:18:43AM
Dana is fat, i have no doubt that he has no interest in fighting someone who is in shape in MMA rules. I'd Take Tom by Arm Bar in round 2
wapttn
5/15/09 4:07:00PM
if you think dana white's fat then you need to go back and watch some of his video blogs again. The doode eats right and works out hard, and properly. As for his fight with Attencio.. it's retarded. White is right, if Attencio was doing his job right, then he wouldn't have the time to train for fights. White is doing his job, and therefore wouldn't even have the time to train for the fight if he wanted to. This isn't the WWE. It's just funny that Attencio is expecting to make dana look bad by backing down from the fight (which he knew he would) but I honestly feel like Attencio is the one who looks like a tool for calling him out
cmill21
5/15/09 5:46:49PM
I feel Dana's the one who looks like a "tool" for acting like a 5 year old...
mrsmiley
5/15/09 7:17:16PM
I think it kind of guys both ways.
Is this just Atencio's way of trying to make Dana look bad?
Most likely.

However,I think this might be karma for the whole Tito boxing match that got like a whole hour block on Spike TV.

Dana challenges Tito to a boxing fight that wasn't going to happen in the first place and people call him brilliant for it.

Tom Atencio does nearly the same to Dana and he's an idiot for it.
Go figure.
MMAcca
5/16/09 12:56:16AM

Posted by cmill21

I think they both look as stupid as each other....
cmill21
5/16/09 5:32:30PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by cmill21

I think they both look as stupid as each other....

Don't get me wrong, Dana's right he shoulden't be challenging him, but come on Dana needs to grow up a bit from the name calling lol.
EliasG
5/17/09 1:06:43PM
Some people like to have it both ways---talk like a tough guy, pretend you'll fight...but when someone calls you out...say they are an idiot for wanting to. haha.

If he was a sport he'd say, okay let's fight for charity--I'll put up a 100K you put up a 100K whoever wins gives the 200K to charity. People would watch. Dana's being fugazzy. He talks like he's a street fighter---talks real big. But he's just a fat businessman that likes to talk tough and bully people. He doesn't REALLY want to fight---that's just part of his backstory for the press.

Tom A. is makng a grip on Affliction--he put up money for his own shows. Dana got handed the keys to the red Ferrari by someone willing to take losses for years before profits show up---he's done a good job with someone else's money....Tom did his work with his own money--ground up. He may or may not lose/fail/ but he's out there risking his own money and some investors---not 1 investor.
mrsmiley
5/17/09 2:16:54PM

Posted by EliasG

Some people like to have it both ways---talk like a tough guy, pretend you'll fight...but when someone calls you out...say they are an idiot for wanting to. haha.

If he was a sport he'd say, okay let's fight for charity--I'll put up a 100K you put up a 100K whoever wins gives the 200K to charity. People would watch. Dana's being fugazzy. He talks like he's a street fighter---talks real big. But he's just a fat businessman that likes to talk tough and bully people. He doesn't REALLY want to fight---that's just part of his backstory for the press.

Tom A. is makng a grip on Affliction--he put up money for his own shows. Dana got handed the keys to the red Ferrari by someone willing to take losses for years before profits show up---he's done a good job with someone else's money....Tom did his work with his own money--ground up. He may or may not lose/fail/ but he's out there risking his own money and some investors---not 1 investor.