Dana White, Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar phone Press Conference

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White, Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar phone Press Conference
Shawn91111
9/2/08 9:55:47PM
The UFC made it official, the champ is back. Randy Couture and the UFC worked out their differences and announced that the 45-year old MMA legend will return for a monumental heavyweight championship battle against Brock Lesnar on Nov. 15 in Las Vegas.

CLICK BELOW TO LISTEN TO THE PRESS CONFERENCE:
LINK

Lesnar gets pretty pissed with all the questions about Fedor and Randy at around 5:50 of part 2.

Shawn91111
9/2/08 9:56:46PM
if this phone conference has been posted already I apologize.
Jackelope
9/2/08 10:15:47PM
And he wonders why he isn't getting any respect. The guy is an overblown windbag. Fedor would destroy you, Brock.
jae_1833
9/2/08 10:17:58PM
I actually don't think that the conference call has not been posted here, maybe in some of the other forums but not in the "News Share Forum". If there's any prob I'm sure a mod will just delete it and pm you. Just make sure to check the "Today's Topics" tab before you post anything new. Great to listen to it in whole though. Brock is FN loony though huh!!??
jiujitsufreak74
9/2/08 10:21:20PM
Brock is really making it hard for me to like him. i think he will defeat Randy, but i will be rooting for Randy to win the whole time.
jae_1833
9/2/08 10:27:09PM
Just curious does anyone know the specifications of his new contract, I'm listening to this as I type so....maybe it's in there some where, I'm only half way through the 1st part and Dana is doing his usual....avoiding the question when it comes to the contract.
xburbx
9/2/08 10:39:48PM
I hate Lesnar and Randi. Dana is the man.
Boo_Radley21
9/2/08 10:49:49PM
Haha "I hate that ******"

Good Dana line
Pitbull09
9/2/08 10:53:51PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Brock is really making it hard for me to like him. i think he will defeat Randy, but i will be rooting for Randy to win the whole time.

agreed
Jackelope
9/2/08 10:54:25PM
The thing that drives me nuts while listening to this whole thing is the blatant disregard for the fans.

Dana and Brock are running their mouths about Fedor (notice how Randy doesn't talk smack) saying he's irrelevant. They're saying "Who cares?" when it comes to Fedor. Then they're talking about how it's all they hear. Well, obviously the people who care are the fans! Otherwise why the **** would it be brought up a 1,000 times even when Brock gets ridiculously angry?

This is what your fans want to see- and every single knowledgeable fan out there knows that neither of these guys will ever be considered the best unless they beat Fedor. The difference between Fedor and either of these guys is that he doesn't need to fight them to cement his legacy as the greatest HW fighter of all time (so far).

The UFC better hope for the next 5 years they have the MMA scene locked down or that Fedor loses to a relative nobody. They can't survive forever calling their HW's the best in the world once knowledge about MMA spreads beyond the UFC by the casual fan.
DiabloFreak56
9/2/08 10:58:02PM

Posted by jae_1833

Just curious does anyone know the specifications of his new contract, I'm listening to this as I type so....maybe it's in there some where, I'm only half way through the 1st part and Dana is doing his usual....avoiding the question when it comes to the contract.

its randy dude. and yeah brock is making it hard for me to like him im not a hater of him it might seem like it but i just dont think he deserves alot of this hype i give it to him hes an outstanding wrestler and hes strong but if he fought fedor hed ko him or sub him at will
bls1919
9/2/08 11:01:17PM
Holy Shite....I can;t believe this fight is happening. So many ? so little time. What if Brock wins? Who does randy fight after?......I just dont know. My brain is in overload..i know that yesterday i said i wasnt even interested in seeing randy fight Fedor......but holy shite it might happen. I just poppped wood and cant control it.WAR RANDY beat Brocks ASS. I cant even...think.....or from complete......sentences now. And to top it all off, Dana sounded like a decent guy. HOLY FUIC i cant believe i just said that?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS GOING ON?
jae_1833
9/2/08 11:09:14PM

I think Brock would have to demolish Randy for me to consider him a top ten fighter. I believe Randy is great, but it's hard for me to rank him as high as I do sometimes. I can see Brock KOing Randy for sure....it's happened before! Chuck x2, Vitor, Ricco, and Barnett. I think Barnett being the most important of them all, he's a great grappler who outweighs Randy, is stronger and heavier, and he has good hands. Those are all qualities I see in Brock. However, I see Fedor destroying all.....Randy, Nog, Mir, Kongo, Werdum, and Lesnar!
prozacnation1978
9/2/08 11:47:58PM
it should be werdum vs couture
Aether
9/3/08 12:35:26AM
I can't really blame Lesnar for getting angry honestly. This is a conference call to announce Randy's return and his fight against Lesnar and he has to sit there for like 45 minutes listening to question after question about someone who isn't even part of the organization.

Obviously with Randy returning people are going to have a lot of questions about the Fedor fight, but how can you blame Brock for getting upset? This whole thing is about him and Randy and there was probably like 2 questions the entire call relating to Lesnar compared to dozens of questions about Fedor.
DuncanFan819
9/3/08 7:47:03AM
You can't blame Lesnar for getting upset. This is the biggest fight of his career and one of the biggest fights for the UFC, yet everyone is still talking about Fedor. Worry about the whole Fedor thing after this fight. I'd be annoyed and feel somewhat disrespected if I was Lesnar also.
saemskin
9/3/08 8:14:53AM

Posted by Aether
Obviously with Randy returning people are going to have a lot of questions about the Fedor fight, but how can you blame Brock for getting upset? This whole thing is about him and Randy and there was probably like 2 questions the entire call relating to Lesnar compared to dozens of questions about Fedor.

Hmm.
What was that he kept babbling on about relevancy? Fedor IS relevant and everyone cares. Obviously every news guy cares about Fedor based on their questions. That shows how in touch Brock is with his fan base.
This whole situation is making me sick.
emfleek
9/3/08 8:49:15AM

Posted by DuncanFan819

You can't blame Lesnar for getting upset. This is the biggest fight of his career and one of the biggest fights for the UFC, yet everyone is still talking about Fedor. Worry about the whole Fedor thing after this fight. I'd be annoyed and feel somewhat disrespected if I was Lesnar also.

I actually agree with this guy.
Wolfenstein
9/3/08 11:46:46AM
As much as Dana wants to stay Fedor is irrellevant, the lack of Fedor in the organization makes whoever the UFC champ is irrellevant. There will never be a #1 ranked HW champ in the UFC until they have Fedor.
Aether
9/3/08 2:06:04PM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by Aether

Hmm.
What was that he kept babbling on about relevancy? Fedor IS relevant and everyone cares. Obviously every news guy cares about Fedor based on their questions. That shows how in touch Brock is with his fan base.
This whole situation is making me sick.

Brock lesnar didn't say that, dana did.

What brock said is fedor isn't in the UFC and the fight might never happen for all we know, this call is about our fight, so why is everyone asking absolutely nothing but questions about fedor?

How can you possibly get mad at the guy for being upset? Would you sit there in a conference call about your titleshot and listen to everyone talk about someone who isn't even fighting for the company and not be upset about it? I would be pissed off too.

I also don't see how your response has anything to do with what I said even if Brock had said that, which he didn't.