Dana White: Rampage Jackson's Last UFC Fight Will Be Against Shogun Rua

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Rampage Jackson's Last UFC Fight Will Be Against Shogun Rua
BuffaloDave
3/13/12 10:15:46PM
Mar 13, 2012 - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson wants out of the UFC. It looks like he'll get his wish, but not before fulfilling the last fight on his current deal.

According to a report on Tuesday's edition of FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight," Jackson and the UFC have agreed to part ways after Jackson faces Mauricio "Shogun" Rua later this year.

LINK
BuffaloDave
3/13/12 10:18:02PM
There ya go Page, You now have an opponent that won't "Hump" you. Time to put up, or just fucking retire.
DrivenDavies15
3/13/12 10:27:00PM
I'd take Rua all day in this one, gettin really sick of 'page talkin lately.
Chael_Sonnen
3/13/12 10:40:54PM
Easy fight for Mr. Rua.

*** Prediction ***

After B.A. gets his arse handed to him, he will ONCE AGAIN blame some kind of phantom injury or some lame weight excuse as to why he ONCE AGAIN doesn't live up to the hype.
Bubbles
3/13/12 10:50:23PM
motivated Shogun vs unmotivated Rampage. Shogun 3 round decision, possible TKO if this is a 5 round main event
Wallass
3/13/12 10:56:58PM
Shoguns gonna send Rampage out of the UFC the way he beat him in Pride... brutally!
FastKnockout
3/13/12 10:59:31PM
Well.. Rampage pissed off the UFC, lost a good chunk of his fanbase, and now is in need of a spectacular win in a do-or-die situation. All I can say is good luck to him.
george112
3/13/12 11:08:18PM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit to see rampage in tip top shape and actually give Rua a challenge if not beat him

Kind of like a look at me now statement to Dana White

Anyone else think of the sort?
prozacnation1978
3/14/12 12:03:53AM
Would not be surprised if this is 149 main event
prophecy033
3/14/12 12:09:01AM
I like Shogun in this as well. Rampage is gonna get the fight he wants but it won't matter, as Shogun will be far more active and Rampage will be passive aggressive. Plus, Shogun can take a beating and still keep coming. Rampage doesn't have the heart that Shogun does
george112
3/14/12 12:13:42AM

Posted by prophecy033

I like Shogun in this as well. Rampage is gonna get the fight he wants but it won't matter, as Shogun will be far more active and Rampage will be passive aggressive. Plus, Shogun can take a beating and still keep coming. Rampage doesn't have the heart that Shogun does

I agree with everything you said.but you don't think rampage will fight like he has nothing to lose?

Even with my fanship of rampage waning I still want him to give Rua a challenge.
Cooler
3/14/12 12:15:28AM
I have Shogun by Decision.

I'm happy that Shogun probably gets another top tier win but its sad to see this is it for Rampage, here's to hoping he gets a few more wins in Japan before hangin it up and if he beats Rua he can retire happy anyway by avenging his quickest beating in the ring.
ncordless
3/14/12 12:38:37AM
I expect this to be a good fight. Rampage needs a good performance to increase his marketability outside the UFC. If he has any discipline left, he will be on point against Shogun.

Rampage/Hendo and Shogun/Hendo were both wars. . . I think there was a lot of pride (get it) on the line in those fights and the same holds true here. These guys are fighting for all-time rankings as much as the current title picture. Both these guys hold wins over Chuck. They both hold wins over Machida. Rampage KOs Shogun, and there is at least a decent debate about which one of them was the best of their time, and maybe even all-time so far (although I personally think that Jones' accomplishments so far are more impressive than anything either has done in their whole careers), in the LHW ranks. Shogun beats Rampage again, and there is little question that Shogun is better.

Can't wait to see it. It's not really relevant to the title, but it is relevant to how history will be written.
Sir_Karl
3/14/12 12:39:03AM
Shogun should win this one but you never know. I wouldn't count Rampage out of anything. He needs to stay off his back, stay out of Shogun's clinch and land a few hard shots here and there. He needs to somehow stay away from the legkicks too. He needs to get in and get out. Gee, I guess after I think about it...Rampage is going to have to do an awful lot to win this fight. I wonder how Rampage would fare if he got Rua on the ground? Could he stay in good position, doing damage without allowing Rua to get up or lock in a submission? I don't know. Good luck Rampage....you might need it. Rampage needs to win by KO or TKO and he needs to do it early. If not...I think he is toast.
RhythmAndStyle
3/14/12 12:45:26AM
didnt wana say much on this whole Rampage v Zuffa thing since i'm a hugh Rampage fan (street soldier for life, lol), but i think Zuffa did alot for Rampage thru out his career, imo..i followd him from Pride to UFC and thru out..but he wants out and this is a bad way out..he came in horrible shape against Bader..and he's just too predictable now..i think Shogun will get back to his movement and angles..or should i say, not be so damn lazy this time and pick up the pace..he'll use leg kicks to chop down Rampage, something Rampage doesnt handle well..Shogun via tko...
IrishPAIN
3/14/12 1:24:22AM
Man i hope shogun pulls this one out. I along with most of the MMA fans have lost a ton of respect for" Quitton Slackson".....You gotta think Dana/Lorenzo etc. will be pulling for Shogun....If for some reason Rampage comes in top shape for this fight and beats Shogun.....Really hope Shogun would consider a drop to 185.....Shogun can do some real damge at 185 plus im getting a little sick of seeing Shoguns blubber hanging over his Bad Boy trunks just saying.
Boo_Radley21
3/14/12 2:11:02AM
I really can't see Rampage winning. Shogun should go for his legs. Excited for the excuses after this one.
Pookie
3/14/12 3:39:08AM
TRT turned the Henderson that barely beat Franklin into the Henderson that Beasted on Shogun.

Rampage on TRT is probably going to look pretty damn good in comparison to his recent performances, especially if he can go into the fight without any debilitating injuries.

I'll stick with Shogun because of the styles, but i expect it to be a better fight than the first.

Also, In about 3-5 years Shogun could possibly get TRT. Think about how scary that would be.
TeamDEY
3/14/12 11:05:12AM
RIP Rampage.... can't bitch anymore after this one
Theoutlaw08
3/14/12 3:16:48PM
Screw Rampage. All he does is run his big mouth. He was mentally and physically checked out and into retirement before the Rashad fight.
jjeans
3/14/12 4:05:38PM
I don't care what people say about Rampage or whatever I wanna see him fight The American Psycho.

bjj1605
3/14/12 5:25:20PM

Posted by Pookie

TRT turned the Henderson that barely beat Franklin into the Henderson that Beasted on Shogun.

Rampage on TRT is probably going to look pretty damn good in comparison to his recent performances, especially if he can go into the fight without any debilitating injuries.

I'll stick with Shogun because of the styles, but i expect it to be a better fight than the first.

Also, In about 3-5 years Shogun could possibly get TRT. Think about how scary that would be.

And this is why I don't like TRT.....

Rampage should get his ass kicked in this fight. But wait!!! He' on performance enhancing drugs so maybe he'll have a chance!!!!
supatolacyl
3/14/12 6:40:42PM
Here's to wishing that this event is where they start allowing knees to a grounded fighter! I hope Shogun sends Rampage into retirment "Viciously"

Hendo has been using TRT for 15 years!! During the whole Marquardt situation he came forth and spoke about fighters misusing it and that it is very easy to keep your testosterone numbers at or under the legal level and that he had been using trt for 15 years and never once has his testosterone levels gone over the legal allowance. So, TRT was not the difference factor from the franklin to shogun fight.
Boo_Radley21
3/16/12 2:54:34AM

Posted by jjeans

I don't care what people say about Rampage or whatever I wanna see him fight The American Psycho.

You sir deserve some Props. Bonnar is the fucking man and anyone you put him in against is going to be a great fight. I'd honestly pick him against Rampage these days. They guy deserves someone like that give Bonnar a legend he's been in this sport for a long time now and has put on nothing but kickass performances even in his losses