Dana White: 'Rampage' Jackson made the right decision by doing A-Team

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: 'Rampage' Jackson made the right decision by doing A-Team
SmileR
5/26/10 6:13:47AM
"I get guys all the time -- because the UFC is getting so big - doing movies, but they're usually movies that go straight to DVD, and you wouldn't even want to watch them on DVD, but Rampage made the right decision. The A-Team is the big summer hit this year, and from what I'm hearing from the guys in Hollywood, Rampage [nailed] it. He did an awesome job. Everything worked out. He and I made up, and the fight is still happening. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I don't know how many people will actually be going to see The A-Team movie knowing that Rampage Jackson is a UFC fighter. I don't know. We'll have to see how it works out."

Link
ncordless
5/26/10 6:29:48AM

It must be nice to have no memory.
lohmann
5/26/10 6:40:14AM

"I get guys all the time -- because the UFC is getting so big - doing movies, but they're usually movies that go straight to DVD, and you wouldn't even want to watch them on DVD, but Rampage made the right decision. The A-Team is the big summer hit this year, and from what I'm hearing from the guys in Hollywood, Rampage [nailed] it. He did an awesome job. Everything worked out. He and I made up, and the fight is still happening. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I don't know how many people will actually be going to see The A-Team movie knowing that Rampage Jackson is a UFC fighter. I don't know. We'll have to see how it works out."

Most of the comments Dana White makes bother me.

1. If Dana White can use your services, you are a great fighter doing the right things.
2. If you refuse to serve Dana White, you are not worthy of being in the UFC anyway.

Dana White is pure id and nothing else.

EDIT:

link to article

"I hate it with a [expletive] passion," White said when asked about UFC fighters who take movie roles. "'You're a fighter; you're not a movie star.' It's so [expletive] funny because fighters want to be movie stars, and movie stars want to act like they're fighters. 'Get a [expletive] grip. You're a fighter, and you're a [expletive] movie star. Alright?'"

link to audio

Rampage is a guy that we obviously have taken under our wing the last few years, really like him, and done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me and to pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy at all.

Dana White's idea of a "friend" confuses me.
mrsmiley
5/26/10 8:15:38AM

Posted by lohmann

Most of the comments Dana White makes bother me.

1. If Dana White can use your services, you are a great fighter doing the right things.
2. If you refuse to serve Dana White, you are not worthy of being in the UFC anyway.

Dana White is pure id and nothing else.

EDIT:

link to article

"I hate it with a [expletive] passion," White said when asked about UFC fighters who take movie roles. "'You're a fighter; you're not a movie star.' It's so [expletive] funny because fighters want to be movie stars, and movie stars want to act like they're fighters. 'Get a [expletive] grip. You're a fighter, and you're a [expletive] movie star. Alright?'"

link to audio

Rampage is a guy that we obviously have taken under our wing the last few years, really like him, and done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me and to pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I'm not happy at all.

Dana White's idea of a "friend" confuses me.

Ha,ha. Classic.

Dana's worse than a woman. Really.

I can't believe White actually said Rampage did the right thing. Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.
emfleek
5/26/10 9:07:33AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.

Actually, chances are that the A-Team is sponsoring the sh*t out of UFC 114 this weekend and Dana's playing nice and back pedaling a bit.
Chael_Sonnen
5/26/10 9:36:10AM
I think Rampage filming the A-Team is great exposure for the UFC and MMA in general....I don't think Rampage will be winning an oscar for his performance though.

Focker101
5/26/10 10:19:33AM
Admitting he was wrong with a public apology would probably go a long way !
it would fixi a rocky relationship with one of MMA's best fighters

And the movie will really help Page's N. American popularity something that has been lacking despite all of his humor
mrsmiley
5/26/10 10:23:17AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

Chances are Dana herd a few early "glowing" reviews and a few higher up Hollywood chums have informed him of how a great turnout for the A Team movie could possibly get the UFC to the next level.

Actually, chances are that the A-Team is sponsoring the sh*t out of UFC 114 this weekend and Dana's playing nice and back pedaling a bit.

I'm sure thats part of it as well.
Jackelope
5/26/10 11:02:18AM
Classic narcissism at work here.
finnish_line
5/26/10 11:49:11AM

It's almost as if he's a Promoter!
submissionartist1
5/26/10 11:50:07AM
I pity these fools...
MaxOne
5/26/10 12:39:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrsmiley

Bango!
george112
5/26/10 12:44:16PM
Well thats rare.

Dana admitting he was wrong that is.

bet you thought i was gonna say a movie with an MMA fighter actually going to theaters
joshjr
5/26/10 4:14:00PM
I will be going to see the movie. It really didnt matter that Rampage was in it but it did make me want to see it more.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/26/10 4:32:52PM
I agree with "Dana's idea of a friend confuses me," but Dana runs the show. The only time we see Dana back-peddle is when the situation because something larger than he can control. For instance, I am sure when Rampage started filming this movie Dana did not have any idea how big it was going to get. Now, he's got Vince McMahon calling because he wants Rampage to help host WWE Raw with Brad Cooper and Sharlto Copley. They have a new line of comic books and toys coming out. Dana had to eat crow.

Of course, Dana also said that he and Vince McMahon were good friends and that's why Rampage could co-host Raw. We have already had several threads on the Playground that indicate Vince might have forgotten they were friends.
prozacnation1978
5/26/10 6:03:32PM
talk about doing a complete 180!!!
TimW001
5/27/10 12:51:59AM
1. Integrity

2. Money

Choose one, welcome to business.
Aether
5/27/10 1:15:37AM

Posted by finnish_line

It's almost as if he's a Promoter!

lol this.

It's not that Dana has no memory, it's that he knows the casual fan doesn't. He's going to say whatever he feels benefits his company the most. The only people who realize how much he lies are the people who are going to watch every UFC event anyway.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/27/10 1:36:19AM

Posted by TimW001

1. Integrity

2. Money

Choose one, welcome to business.

that was profound.
emfleek
5/27/10 8:37:31AM

Posted by Aether

It's not that Dana has no memory, it's that he knows the casual fan doesn't. He's going to say whatever he feels benefits his company the most. The only people who realize how much he lies are the people who are going to watch every UFC event anyway.

End of thread. Well said.