Dana White Punishing Nate Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dana White Punishing Nate Diaz
POLL: Since Nate Diaz is a UFC fighter, should Dana White punish him for his involvement in the brawl on Strikeforce?
Yes 52% (28)
No 48% (26)
KO
4/21/10 12:31:21PM
What do you think about Nate Diaz fighting in the brawl at Strikeforce? In my opinion the guy was wrong for coming in the cage like that, but he didnt need to be jumped by 7 guys. Nate Diaz being 1 of the 7.
Jackelope
4/21/10 12:40:52PM
Dana said on Jim Rome yesterday point blank that he's not going to punish Nate Diaz. He said he likes him and he had a long talk with him. That's all there is to it.
ncordless
4/21/10 12:51:14PM
If someone is going to punish any of the brawlers, it should be the Tenn. AC. I'd like to see a suspension from the AC, but given fighters' schedules, I am not sure it would have any effect.
jae_1833
4/21/10 1:01:46PM
Why punish him...most of the viewers are casual fans who hardly even recognize Diaz from his brother....besides the whole affair hurt SF's image....not UFC's!
TheGodfather1024
4/21/10 3:56:29PM
Why would Dana White punish him? He made SF look and CBS look stupid.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 5:27:51PM
The long talk probably went something like this...."Seriously, that couldn't have worked out any better for our organization. Did you guys plan that?" It's not Dana White's job to punish his fighter for acting like a fool during a telecast of a rival organization. That'd be like asking Strikeforce to punish Jake Shields for acting like a fool while on the set of The Ultimate Fighter this last season. They wouldn't do it.
postman
4/21/10 6:18:49PM
I think Dana said already that he won't but if a NFL Player was caught on national TV Stomping someone out you think he would get away with it?
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 6:22:55PM
What's White gonna do? Suspend him for two fights and fine him? He didn't stomp on him on White's field. He did on Coker and Showtime's dime and field. Plus, White isn't the hardened disciplinarian and enforcer that Goodell is, especially when it reflects poorly on his rival promotion.
postman
4/21/10 6:30:29PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

What's White gonna do? Suspend him for two fights and fine him? He didn't stomp on him on White's field. He did on Coker and Showtime's dime and field. Plus, White isn't the hardened disciplinarian and enforcer that Goodell is, especially when it reflects poorly on his rival promotion.

Foolish. Most people don't know there is a sport MMA they think its UFC I had a guy ask me if I saw the Brawl at the UFC fight on Saturday , at work Monday morning. He put a blck eye on the sport that Dana isn't affraid to say he saved. He always talks about how he has spent the last 10 years trying to get those thoughts out of ppls heads. Think back to the fight by the pool that Monsta Lobsta was refing. don't Remember who fought but he kicked all three of them from the house.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 6:38:57PM
Yeah, but kicking them out of the house and trying to punish a fighter with a contract are two different things. I agree that their actions were stupid, Postman. What I am doing is thinking about this like Dana White probably doing. He thinks Strikeforce is a joke. He can't stand his competition. Anything that makes his competition looks stupid, Dana is all for. I understand that Dana talks about removing black eyes from this sport but in my heart of hearts, I think when Dana talks about MMA, HE IS THE ONE talking about just UFC. I don't think he has the "sport's" best interests in mind. As long as the UFC doesn't have people acting like idiots Dana knows that UFC garners much more attention than other organizations on a national level.
BustedKnuckle
4/21/10 7:42:12PM
I am going with no. What in reality could he do anyways? Nate is contractualy obligated to recieve "X" amount of money eacg fight and so on. At first I was really pissed and thought they should be arested. That was a bit overboard looking back.
seanfu
4/21/10 8:55:45PM

Posted by postman

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Foolish. Most people don't know there is a sport MMA they think its UFC I had a guy ask me if I saw the Brawl at the UFC fight on Saturday , at work Monday morning. He put a blck eye on the sport that Dana isn't affraid to say he saved. He always talks about how he has spent the last 10 years trying to get those thoughts out of ppls heads. Think back to the fight by the pool that Monsta Lobsta was refing. don't Remember who fought but he kicked all three of them from the house.

I am of the philosophy that most people won't judge it the same as football because it is a fightsport. That's why i think there's nothing hardcore coming down on the fighters involved punishment wise.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 10:23:48PM
I'm not even talking about it in reference of fight sport, sport, NFL, or UFC. I am saying Dana HATES competition and anything that shines a poor light on his competition I don't see him doing much about. Dana is too pure a UFC business man to care about one of his fighters knocking around a Strikeforce fighter after a match. None of the national attention I have seen on ESPN or otherwise has implicated the UFC in any of this. They only mention Strikeforce. That's good for Dana, bad for Coker and Showtime.
mrsmiley
4/22/10 7:21:47AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The long talk probably went something like this...."Seriously, that couldn't have worked out any better for our organization. Did you guys plan that?" It's not Dana White's job to punish his fighter for acting like a fool during a telecast of a rival organization. That'd be like asking Strikeforce to punish Jake Shields for acting like a fool while on the set of The Ultimate Fighter this last season. They wouldn't do it.

This right here.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/22/10 3:39:24PM
This whole thing has West Side Story written all over it.
soundboy1
4/23/10 11:48:17AM

Posted by postman

I think Dana said already that he won't but if a NFL Player was caught on national TV Stomping someone out you think he would get away with it?

um yes. They do it between every play. I see guys get extremely heated and still play. And then you have your pacmans and ray lewis's......