DANA WHITE Press Conference Updates (as they come in)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » DANA WHITE Press Conference Updates (as they come in)
emfleek
7/31/09 1:50:17PM
Stay tuned.

Updates via Michael David Smith's Twitter (Fanhouse.com) page.

----------------------------

- UFC Dana White call starts soon. I think announcements will be Tito Ortiz and ESPN UK deal. Don't get hopes up re Fedor.

- Dana White: I've tried everything I could possibly do to get Fedor Emelianenko into the UFC.

- UFC President Dana White says he offered Fedor an amazing deal, better than he'll ever get in MMA.

- More Dana on Fedor - They did not want to take the deal. I guarantee they won’t be offered a better deal.

- Dana White: Don't anyone ask me any Fedor questions, because I've already done everything I can do to get Fedor.

- Tito Ortiz is back in the UFC

- Dan Henderson likely to get next crack at Anderson Silva.

- UFC 103 main event: Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin

- Tito Ortiz: Strikeforce has no challenges, If I fought Frank Shamrock again it would be the first death in MMA history.

- Dan Lauzon, Ben Rothwell, Chase Gormley, and Paul Daley are coming to the UFC.

- Tito Ortiz: I'm running, working with Freddie Roach and will fight in UFC before the year is over.

- Vitor Belfort vs. Rich Franklin at UFC 103 will be a light heavyweight fight. So no Belfort middleweight title fight.

- Dana White: "We're talking about" Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman

- Tito Ortiz: With new UFC deal, You'll never hear me complain about money again.

- Dana White: Dan Henderson is definitely next in line for the UFC middleweight title. Maia-Marquardt winner could be next after that.

- Dana White: UFC will go everywhere, including Russia. We can't be stopped.

- Tito Ortiz: "I wish the UFC would give fighters gimme fights, but they don't." (I bet Ortiz views Mark Coleman as a gimme.)

- Dana White: Everyone wants to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, boxing promoters won't give them that fight. UFC gives fans fights they want.

- Dana White: Marc Ratner is an amazing human being who has meant a lot to the UFC. mma.fanhouse.com

- Dana White says UFC will continue to produce its own TV and not hand over the production to a network.

- Dana White: I wanted to sign Fedor so badly, and I was so sure it was going to happen.

- Tito Ortiz: If I dominate light heavyweight, I might move up to heavy to fight Brock Lesnar.

- Dana White tells @arielhelwani that he's still working on another major deal and "we're very close."

- UFC 100 was a huge success in Mexico, with 25 million viewers, Dana White says.

- Tito Ortiz: I would love to fight in Mexico City and be the headliner for a UFC show there (Tito vs. Cain @ HW, anyone?)

- Dana White: Co-promotion with M-1 is "impossible, it'll never happen." But "the deal's not dead. They can call me."

- Dana White: I was f**king miserable when Fedor Emelianenko turned down the UFC deal. These guys don't want to make a deal. If they do, call me.

- Tito Ortiz: October is too soon for me to fight. I'll fight when I'm 100%, don't want to take a chance of getting hurt.

- Dana White: We offered everything. "The only sticking point is the co-promotion. Otherwise, we gave them everything."

- Dana White: I wasn't a dick at all in negotiating to get Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC. I was the nicest Dana ever.

- Dana: "M-1 doesn't care."

- Dana White tells @MikeChiappetta "You can say Fedor is the best P4P in the world. I don't f**king see it."

- Dana White: Fans want to see Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar in UFC and it's my job to make that fight happen.

- Dana: We offered Fedor "a f**king a**load" of money and he can fight all the sambo he wants to. He just doesn't want to fight in the UFC.

- Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko doesn't want to fight the best in the world in the UFC, so "F**k him."

- Tito Ortiz and Dana White both say they're in a good place. Ortiz says Scott Coker is "an awesome guy" but Strikeforce can't challenge him.

- Tito Ortiz says he decided to fight in the UFC because he put a poll on his web site and his fans wanted to see him back in the Octagon.

- Dana White: When we get a network TV deal, we're going to put serious fights on network TV, not second-tier like

- Tito Ortiz: With my new back, I think I can continue fighting for 10 more years. "I'm going to fight for as long as I possibly can."

- Dana: I'm not saying Tito Ortiz and I will never disagree again but I don't think we'll ever go down the road we went down before.

CONFERENCE CALL IS OVER
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:00:16PM
It looks like it will stream, just not live, from what I can tell.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:02:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

It looks like it will stream, just not live, from what I can tell.

Weak sauce.
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:09:35PM
Well, it's now official...Tito is back.
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:10:41PM
Dan Henderson likely to get next crack at Anderson Silva.
slapshot
7/31/09 2:10:58PM

Posted by grappler0000

and belfort is fighting franklin.

Anyone else lose the feed?
postman
7/31/09 2:12:25PM
Didnt see the Vitor Franklin fight coming thats going to be great!
emfleek
7/31/09 2:13:21PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by grappler0000

and belfort is fighting franklin.

Anyone else lose the feed?

What feed? Is it actually streaming?
Aleks_Smash
7/31/09 2:13:23PM
here is a screen cap.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
postman
7/31/09 2:13:30PM
Maybe the first death in UFC history but sadly not mma

Edit: I guess that would be Stirikeforce
slapshot
7/31/09 2:14:40PM
Feed

They must be having some tec issues but the first part of it came in.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:17:05PM
Tito vs. Coleman in the works
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:18:34PM
Tito Ortiz: With new UFC deal, You'll never hear me complain about money again.

emfleek
7/31/09 2:20:54PM

Posted by slapshot

Feed

They must be having some tec issues but the first part of it came in.

I could barely hear without having my volume cranked all the way. I'm going to continue following Michael David Smith's Twitter updates. Thanks, though!
slapshot
7/31/09 2:20:56PM
Also Dan Henderson next in line for a shot at the middleweight title held by Anderson Silva.

I think what they did was show the announcement by Dana and then cut the Q&A by the media so I think as far as the announcements go thats it.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:21:33PM
Dana White: Dan Henderson is definitely next in line for the UFC middleweight title. Maia-Marquardt winner could be next after that.
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:22:44PM
Dana White: UFC will go everywhere, including Russia. We can't be stopped.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:24:47PM
Tito Ortiz: "I wish the UFC would give fighters gimme fights, but they don't." (I bet Ortiz views Mark Coleman as a gimme.)
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:28:25PM

Posted by emfleek
I bet Ortiz views Mark Coleman as a gimme.

That was my thought...looks like they plan on investing in Tito again.
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:29:18PM
Dana White: Everyone wants to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather, boxing promoters won't give them that fight. UFC gives fans fights they want.

Dana White: Marc Ratner is an amazing human being who has meant a lot to the UFC.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:30:42PM
Dana White says UFC will continue to produce its own TV and not hand over the production to a network.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:34:31PM
Dana White: I wanted to sign Fedor so badly, and I was so sure it was going to happen.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:37:42PM
- Tito Ortiz: If I dominate light heavyweight, I might move up to heavy to fight Brock Lesnar.

(PS...He won't and therefore he won't.)
grappler0000
7/31/09 2:42:11PM
UFC 100 was a huge success in Mexico, with 25 million viewers, Dana White says
emfleek
7/31/09 2:45:20PM
Dana White: Co-promotion with M-1 is "impossible, it'll never happen." But "the deal's not dead. They can call me."
emfleek
7/31/09 2:48:57PM
Dana White: We offered everything. "The only sticking point is the co-promotion. Otherwise, we gave them everything."
emfleek
7/31/09 2:50:01PM
Dana White: I wasn't a dick at all in negotiating to get Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC. I was the nicest Dana ever.
emfleek
7/31/09 2:56:13PM
Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko doesn't want to fight the best in the world in the UFC, so "F**k him."
prozacnation1978
7/31/09 7:18:20PM
coleman won't back down tito will get coleman probably my guess jan 2nd card in vegas i doubt he would fight in memphis i would say nov, but i don't think tito will be ready