Dana White: St.Pierra vs Silva "yes", BJ Pennvs A. Silva ‘aint gonna happen’

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White: St.Pierra vs Silva "yes", BJ Pennvs A. Silva ‘aint gonna happen’
juanez13
10/17/08 6:18:50PM

“If GSP beats BJ then you’ll see Silva v GSP — possibly at a catch weight. But if Penn beats GSP there’s no way I’d let him move up to 185lbs, no way. He’ll f***ing fight, argue and cry about it but there’s no way – it ain’t gonna happen, I can tell you that right now – it ain’t gonna happen.”

UFC President Dana White is all about a superfight between welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and middleweight champion Anderson Silva sometime in 2009. Of course, St. Pierre — who next fights lightweight champion BJ Penn at UFC 94 on January 31 — and Silva — who fights Patrick Cote next week — both more than likely need to win their next bouts for that to happen. Great idea and a colossal moneymaker. But here’s where it gets a little weird — White says he will not let Penn — a former welterweight champion who has competed against light heavyweights in the past — fight “The Spider” if he bests “Rush.”

LINK
seanfu
10/17/08 6:41:35PM
That would be ****** awesome. I don't think anyone has much doubt of an Anderson victory but GSP is by far the best test Silva could have under 205. No superfight, megafight.

Best part is the potential for 3 of the worlds top 4 fighters to fight eachother.

Regardless of all the BS talk on the playground I don't think there is a person here who would miss GSP vs Penn or Silva.
tuvok500
10/17/08 6:53:39PM
Hope GSP vs Silva will be at Montreal !!!!!!!!!!!

GSP by total and complete domination over Silva !! Silva will ask the doctor what happened ?? what happened man ?? am i alive ?? man where am i ?? lol
The translator will not be able to follow Silva's heretic language !!!

postman
10/17/08 7:01:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

GSP by total and complete domination over Silva !! Silva will ask the doctor what happened ?? what happened man ?? am i alive ?? man where am i ?? lol

Easy killer their is no reason to think that GSP would dominate Silva. I don't think silva would care where the fight was just ask Rich Franklin.
juanez13
10/17/08 7:30:17PM
Anderson Via Flying Knee, 2nd round.

MMA
10/17/08 7:45:12PM
So what, is Dana going to let BJ got fight Silva if he beats St. Pierre?
juanez13
10/17/08 7:56:40PM

Posted by MMA

No, what Dana basically said is that even if BJ beats GSP, he still wont let BJ fight Anderson Silva. However, if GSP gets by BJ, he will make the GSP vs Silva match up, at a catch weight.

Reason probably being that Dana doesnt want BJ (incase he beats GSP) to hold up 2 titles.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/17/08 8:59:56PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MMA

No, what Dana basically said is that even if BJ beats GSP, he still wont let BJ fight Anderson Silva. However, if GSP gets by BJ, he will make the GSP vs Silva match up, at a catch weight.

Reason probably being that Dana doesnt want BJ (incase he beats GSP) to hold up 2 titles.

damn shame too, imagine how big a bj vs anderson fight would be

gsp vs anderson wil be big no doubt, but w/ all the bj nuthuggers (me), bj haters & anderson nuthuggers, this would be a monster of a fight
Pookie
10/17/08 9:03:28PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MMA

damn shame too, imagine how big a bj vs anderson fight would be

gsp vs anderson wil be big no doubt, but w/ all the bj nuthuggers (me), bj haters & anderson nuthuggers, this would be a monster of a fight

haggiswashere
10/17/08 9:12:54PM

Posted by tuvok500

Silva has GSP beat on everything. Ground or standing Silva will win. you will see.
mrsmiley
10/18/08 11:59:18AM
BJ VS Anderson would be freaking awesome.
THough I gotta admit,I think BJ would take him to town.I know,i know,that's probably not a popular opinion,but I can't ever count BJ out of a fight.
jawbreaker517
10/18/08 12:29:53PM
I just can't see St.-Pierre's stand-up even coming close to Silva's. Silva is just entirely too big for Pierre, and I think GSP will have a hard time taking Silva down. Silva by KO, 1st round.
warglory
10/18/08 1:32:48PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by tuvok500

Silva has GSP beat on everything. Ground or standing Silva will win. you will see.

Except with wrestling.
Chuteboxer
10/18/08 2:52:34PM
I honestly believe that GSP might put up a good fight against Anderson, but there's no reason to believe he'd win. Anderson is a better striker, and a better BJJ fighter. Even if GSP has the edge in wrestling, no one has been able to survive two full rounds with Anderson, not even Hendo, who's a hell of a better wrestler than GSP...and Hendo's never been knocked out before, whereas GSP...need I remind everyone what happened to him at UFC 69? Anderson will hit him even more and rock him more than Serra did.
SociopathX
10/18/08 5:33:51PM
BJ Penn vs Anderson Silva would just be silly to do.. Silva is way to big and has him at about 4 to 5 inches on height as well.

GSP vs Silva would be a better matchup because I think GSP has more room to bulk up but he still get dominated... .like someone said previously... Silva is just better them him at every aspect and I don't think GSP could shoot in and take silva down well.

I think if Silva is to lose, and if they want to see him truly challenged then put him up vs someone like Lyoto Machida or even Rampage Jackson.
jocka
10/18/08 6:03:49PM
That is definitly a fight I want to see no doubt but that means that once again titles would be on hold. Plus no titlt would be on the line but man what a fight.

First gsp va bj then possibly gsp vs the spider wow that is how you start a new year
anomoly
10/18/08 9:35:30PM
I like BJ and GSP... but i got GSP over BJ and SILVA over everyone you could think of at this point in time.

Silva and GSP is a fight a lot of people want to see (especially the people who "kinda" watch ufc) because those two are dominating those weight classes...

With the way that Silva has not just won or beat all of his competitors but "DOMINATED" i think that he would even beat Rampage and/or Forrest ... he at this point in time is at the top of his game.