Dana White: Phone call to BJ Penn during ‘Primetime Live’ was as real as it gets

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Phone call to BJ Penn during ‘Primetime Live’ was as real as it gets
MMAcca
1/24/09 1:59:37PM
“… if you saw the fallout with me and B.J. during [”Primetime Live”] — a lot of people thought that was contrived, but we don’t ******* fake anything here — it was all real. We could have done a behind the scenes of the behind the scenes on that one. It’s a great product. The end result was awesome. I think the cinematography is amazing. I think the storyline is great. It pumps you up when you watch it and gets you ready for what I call, just to let you know how big this fight is, it’s Haggler-Hearns, it’s Haggler-Leonard, it’s any of the big Tyson fights…. [Me and BJ] got into it a little bit. I’ve had a relationship with this kid for like 11 years. His brother described it best when he said we’re like a family. We’re a dysfunctional family sometimes, but we’re family. Not everybody agrees on everything, but it’s all good. I’m fond of B.J.. I’m fond of Georges. They’re both great guys and they’re both great athletes, and this is going to be a great fight. The whole thing with the phone call was just that all he needed to do was pick up the phone and say, ‘Everything’s good. I’m training.’ It would have avoided a lot of behind the scenes drama.”

LINK