Dana White: People B---h About Demetrious Johnson No Matter Who He Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: People B---h About Demetrious Johnson No Matter Who He Fights
FastKnockout
7/23/14 8:27:25PM
As soon as it was announced that Chris Cariaso was going to be the next man to challenge Demetrious Johnson for the UFC flyweight crown, the critics came out in full force.

Link
airkerma
7/23/14 8:33:03PM
I love me some mighty mouse
prophecy033
7/23/14 8:43:29PM

Posted by airkerma

I can tell by your Av pic
traveller77
7/23/14 9:13:29PM
Mighty Mouse is going to have to move up in weight to get interesting fights now. I havent heard of any serious prospects coming up that could challenge him anytime soon in his weight class. The division is cleaned out and it could be 18 months before Dodson is ready go.
OnyxShadow
7/23/14 10:33:54PM
Matching DJ with Cariaso really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. -1400 odds in Vegas right now FFS.

As to DJ himself, I don't know if I'll ever be a fan. Everything he does feels like part of a sparring match, a fluke when it actually does damage, and only really intended to very intentionally accumulate points on the judge's scorecards.
DrivenDavies15
7/23/14 11:11:36PM
I'm a huge DJ fan, he's an exciting, dominant champion. I've never heard too many people bitch about him facing guys who have earned their shots like Dodson, Benavidez, and Bagautinov.
Dana can't blame us somehow for this poor match making. I'll tune in to watch DJ work Cariaso, a guy who isn't ready at all at this point. Hell if you need someone for him to fight that's cool, but don't try to justify putting a barely top 10 opponent against him and then say it's our fault this is a bad fight because we don't appreciate him?
Probably doesn't make sense to most people, but it did in my head lol
handyman293
7/23/14 11:18:16PM
No one KO's Benavidez by fluke, or submit moraga by accident, period.
SpiderSilva
7/24/14 12:51:30AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by airkerma

Beat me to it.
SpiderSilva
7/24/14 12:52:07AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by airkerma

Beat me to it.
RacingHartPurple
7/24/14 1:08:14AM
Maybe so? But this is a really bad one, why not wait for Lineker to win and give him the shot instead? He finally made weight and went three rounds in a fight of the night. Cariaso is good and well rounded and all but Lineker draws more fans with his knockout style.

That PPV is gonna need a good co-main or it's gonna do shit numbers.
pmoney
7/24/14 3:18:24AM
I was never a Mighty Mouse fan until his fight with Dodson. He rallied back and won what I personally thought was a fantastic fight. His last three fights have all been fun to watch, in my opinion, but it really does seem like Demetrious (and the flyweights in general) will never be able to win some people over.
40ouncetpkid
7/24/14 3:46:06AM
THEY SHOULD NOT make Linker vs McCall. All that will do is eliminate a contender and make the loser need to win a few more times while creating more ridiculous fights like this.
pmoney
7/24/14 5:25:18AM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

THEY SHOULD NOT make Linker vs McCall. All that will do is eliminate a contender and make the loser need to win a few more times while creating more ridiculous fights like this.

Maybe do McCall vs. the winner of Makovsky-Formiga, and maybe have Lineker take on Dustin Ortiz, or vice versa.
prozacnation1978
7/24/14 9:00:18AM
The fans have spoken Dana
They hate midget fights. Especially main event ppv

I doubt mighty mouse ever headlines a ppv again unless a injury comes up or ufc is in a jam
Owens92x
7/24/14 9:18:29AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

The fans have spoken Dana
They hate midget fights. Especially main event ppv

I doubt mighty mouse ever headlines a ppv again unless a injury comes up or ufc is in a jam

Don't group up us all in with your hate for midgets. I love me some Mighty Mouse and so do a lot of others. The fans are raging because Mighty Mouse is fighting some guy who hasn't fought anyone ranked. MM will never headline a PPV, but that's because the UFC doesn't know how to hype people up who's name isn't Ronda Rousey.
GDPofMPG
7/24/14 11:49:35AM
The new fans Dana is coveting bitch about MM. Plenty of people recognize his skill and ability and want to see him display it against opponents.
RhythmAndStyle
7/24/14 12:20:58PM
Who are these ppl Dana is talking bout..Mighty Mouse!!..is the definition of a mma fighter..speed, movement, wrestling, striking, and he mixes everything up so well..punches, leg kicks, and that knee he does when his opponent has he against the cage, f*cken love that move as I have never seen anyone else do that knee..ppl used to talked bout how well GSP mixes it up but IMHO MM does a much better job then GSP does..and sorry Dana maybe u should bring in more flyweights to open the division more instead of reading ppl comments and what not..most of us love some MM action..and plus that ko to JoeB was awesome..one hitta quitta..