Dana White offers $2 million for Mayweather to fight Sherk

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White offers $2 million for Mayweather to fight Sherk
Next Page »
disorderlyvision
4/7/07 11:30:08PM
link

White said the UFC would offer $2 million to Mayweather if he agreed to fight the promotion's lightweight champion, Sean Sherk. It sounded as though White would clearly want the fight to take place under MMA rules.
dirtroller
4/7/07 11:59:39PM
sherk by deadly slam
Uber
4/8/07 12:58:52AM
Sherk by (T)KO after he slams Mayweather and punches him till the ref stops it.
lampstand83
4/8/07 1:01:52AM
It will never happen. Besides i would rather see Frank Edgar break his arm, than see Sherk lay on top of him.
TaporSnap
4/8/07 1:11:18AM
if mayweather catches him its over
TaporSnap
4/8/07 1:12:46AM
have Mayweather fight Melvin Guillard
JimiMak
4/8/07 4:13:17AM
Sherk by matter of versatility. This'll never happen under UFC rules. The closest maybe I can think of is old Rings rules. IDK. I say Dana's blowing smoke and Mayweather is gonna reverse it for a boxing match. Chances of this under UFC rules 0 chance of mmaesque of any kind small-barely existent.
CelticArabSword
4/8/07 7:49:22AM
MAyweather would knock Sherk out. once Sherk lunges at him he'll get caught with an upper-cut
PW
4/8/07 7:56:42AM

Posted by TaporSnap

have Mayweather fight Melvin Guillard

I'd like to see Guillard fight Mayweather just to see Melvin get embarassed and KO'd but it would be a waste for Mayweather's potentially only MMA fight. I don't think he'll ever fight in MMA though, way too risky for him especially after all these comments and he's making enough money from boxing anyway.
Mastodon2
4/8/07 8:10:35AM
This wont ever happen, this is just Dana defaming Mayweather by bringing more attention to his ignorance and calling him out. Mayweather wont ever go for it, because Floyd wont have the guts to risk damaging his reputation.
Krupp
4/8/07 9:40:39AM
It is such a ridiculous claim... Mayweather will never do it.

Dana is just having some fun poking at him..
Jackelope
8/7/07 4:38:58PM
2 million dollars is a chump change purse for mayweather. Not that he would ever take an MMA fight but if he did I would assume Dana would have to put up at least double digit millions and then on top of that proceeds.

A man can dream about Sherk lifting Mayweather 5 feet off the ground and dropping him on his head, though
cmill21
8/7/07 4:46:25PM
lol flloyd makes what $25 mill a fight? 2 mill would get him a watch. Sherk would need to run at him and take him down asap, flloyd can throw so quickly and accuratly with 14oz gloves, imagine 4 oz. If he hit sherk it would be instantly rocked followed up by like 70 punches and out.
phillyblunt82
8/7/07 6:19:55PM
what I dont understand is, If this is at all true. . . . .Why dont they just raise the fighters purses in the UFC rather then offer These larger amounts for a measily celebrity death match style of show! I base this theory on the similar one involving hunger. . . "Why help feed kids overseas, when we got starving people here in the states" I think our own UFC fighters deserve the bigger salaries. How a lightweight title defense could be worth a meager 30k and a tito fight could be worth 200k beats me.
cmill21
8/7/07 6:23:54PM
It's the contract they sign and when they sign it. Tito brings in alot more money then sherk and his lay and pray.
nubby
8/7/07 8:28:09PM
Tito would destroy him. Mayweather has no sprawl. Anyway, Dana could easily offer 10 million and the number of PPV's would no doubt cover the costs and then some. Dana is being cheap and that is what needs to stop. If he put a real offer on the table like 10 million, Mayweather would have to man up and take the deal or admit he is full of shit.
cmill21
8/7/07 8:35:40PM
lol tito?
GrandMaster313
8/7/07 10:51:10PM

Posted by cmill21

lol flloyd makes what $25 mill a fight? 2 mill would get him a watch. Sherk would need to run at him and take him down asap, flloyd can throw so quickly and accuratly with 14oz gloves, imagine 4 oz. If he hit sherk it would be instantly rocked followed up by like 70 punches and out.

Mayweather made close to 60 mill (after endorse's, etc) Vs. Dela-Hoya. That man Whipes his ass with 2 mill !
nastshabast
8/8/07 2:25:50AM
don't be stupid boys mayweather would knock out sherk in ten seconds
Ordep
8/8/07 8:48:51PM
use those 2million to sign new fighters specially for the MW division, they're scarce there.
nubby
8/9/07 1:25:47PM

Posted by nastshabast

don't be stupid boys mayweather would knock out sherk in ten seconds

You think mayweathers fists can knock out Sherk but Franca's onslought of knees couldn't? Are you smoking crack?
cmill21
8/9/07 2:37:53PM
Floyd's got the quickest hands I've ever seen, with 4oz gloves i'm assuming he'd catch you once, you'd be stunned and then you'd get hit 30 times before being able to move.
bls1919
8/13/07 1:06:30AM
it will never happen. First off Mayweather makes more than that in the first round of any of his fights and second it would be a very boring fight . Sherk would take a few punches then lay and pray, like he dide with Franca. I think its just Dana poking fun at boxing in generl, which by the way is great.
TOMMYAYO05
8/14/07 1:30:02AM
Mayweather would never do it but i would definetley take the lay and pray sensei sean sherk on this one.
AndrewRJ
12/22/07 1:48:25PM
bahahaha... no sherk wouldnt feel it his eyebrows have so much steriopd muscle it doesnt matter if u hit him
GrandMaster313
12/22/07 11:37:13PM
$2 Mill............... Good one Dana! Your funny
cmill21
12/23/07 1:38:45AM
Floyd could afford one new watch lol.
Bemin
12/23/07 2:27:58AM
Lol, Necro thread FTW!

Interesting that the press releases have mentioned that PbF is interested if there is a 30 mil payout(just a tad higher than Dana's 2 million). Could it happen? Well you have both the MMA fans and the boxing fans interested in this one, and it would have huge press... you never know. At first I thought it was nonsense, but PbF against a top MMA opponent would draw huge PPV buys.

Unfortunatley for Mayweather is, against a good MMA opponent he's going to be quickly taken down and submited, and that, over a nice payday may cause him to reconsider, especially after he does a little training and learns he will not only have to learn solid TD defence, but change his stance completely if he even wants to avoid takedowns at all. Will it happen... not likely, but you never know... Will I be watching if it ever does? Hell ya!
cmill21
12/23/07 2:53:06AM
Maybe him against Jens Pulver
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/23/07 7:40:43AM
i'm pretty sure nothing of that is accurate. couldnt be done. plus when u try to bring up the link now, it gives you a 404 error so yeah. Anyways, in a boxing match Sherk wouldnt last 2 rounds, im a mma bout, mayweather=lights out (wich will not happen before he retires).
Pages: [1] 2