Dana White: Nick Diaz 'close' to losing UFC 158 fight with Georges St-Pierre

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Nick Diaz 'close' to losing UFC 158 fight with Georges St-Pierre
grappler0000
2/24/13 10:50:32AM
UFC President Dana White doesn't want to scrap the UFC 158 headliner of Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) vs. Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC), but on Saturday night he said if the challenger doesn't change his ways, that may be exactly what happens...

Full Story
DancingDoll
2/24/13 11:01:15AM
This is disturbing to hear.

Why do all the best cards always trainwreck?? Nick better get it together.
airkerma
2/24/13 11:38:44AM
Fool me once shame on you, fool me seven times....

late edit:
This made me chuckle:
"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots."
Good one, Dana!
postman
2/24/13 11:54:56AM

Posted by airkerma

Agreed now paint this picture......Nick wins the fight and is now the ww champ. How is he going to handel the pressure that will bring? He not only is a title holder but he just beat GSP the greatest WW and top 3 great of all time! Yeah no pressure for Media coverage in that story.
Sir_Karl
2/24/13 12:56:07PM
It is funny really. Dana gets "Diazed" once again. He'll never learn.
prophecy033
2/24/13 1:11:40PM
Diaz never should have been offered the fight coming off a lose anyway
Chael_Sonnen
2/24/13 1:35:25PM
Nick is a mental midget.....he should just stick to swimming to Alcatraz and running marathons, full-time.......or.......start to get life lessons from Michael Bisping.

////The Voice of Reason\\\\
prozacnation1978
2/24/13 2:36:47PM
Love it when Dana gets all dramatic
He ain't gonna pull Diaz. And Piss of gsp in the process
Besides fight is in three weeks time
Budgellism
2/24/13 3:09:33PM
This is one of the reasons why making this fight was a bad idea. I don't see it being cancelled but Dana has put added stress on himself for a guy that has done stuff like this before and didn't earn a title shot. It's his own fault if this fight ends up getting screwed up.
scoozna
2/24/13 3:55:57PM

Posted by airkerma

late edit:
This made me chuckle:
"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots."
Good one, Dana!

This...and what Budge said. If Nick were to win, he'll have a real mess on his hands. Even if Nick ever carries through with promotional and press obligations, it's not particularly good.
jae_1833
2/24/13 5:02:03PM
In three weeks GSP will stop Diaz within four rounds, putting him on a two fight skid and Dana will realize how much of a pain he is and how expensive he is and cut him. Diaz to Bellator!
allaf
2/24/13 6:03:55PM

Posted by jae_1833

In three weeks GSP will stop Diaz within four rounds, putting him on a two fight skid and Dana will realize how much of a pain he is and how expensive he is and cut him. Diaz to Bellator!

Actually, Diaz in Bellator would be pretty sweet.
He could finsh Ben Askren.
Poor_Franklin
2/24/13 6:42:43PM

Posted by prophecy033

Diaz never should have been offered the fight coming off a lose anyway

agreed, but it will be fun watching him argue about how bs it was that he lost the fight
UFC_Fanatic
2/24/13 7:46:54PM

Posted by allaf

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know. Historically, diaz struggles against great wrestlers. That's probably the primary thing most of us here see gsp exploiting and probably why most of us have GSP picked to win. I think if Diaz were to beat Askren it's either because he clips him right out of the gate, or somehow manages to catch Askren in a sub, which I don't see happening. Askren has showed pretty good defensive jj the few times he has been put in trouble. Honestly, if the fight were to happen, call me crazy, but I'd have Askren by UD via wrestling control. I'm a big fan of both guys, I just think Askren would be a bad match. I could see diaz winning, but I don't find it to be that likely.
allaf
2/24/13 8:09:33PM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by allaf

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know. Historically, diaz struggles against great wrestlers. That's probably the primary thing most of us here see gsp exploiting and probably why most of us have GSP picked to win. I think if Diaz were to beat Askren it's either because he clips him right out of the gate, or somehow manages to catch Askren in a sub, which I don't see happening. Askren has showed pretty good defensive jj the few times he has been put in trouble. Honestly, if the fight were to happen, call me crazy, but I'd have Askren by UD via wrestling control. I'm a big fan of both guys, I just think Askren would be a bad match. I could see diaz winning, but I don't find it to be that likely.

Yeah but Diaz could really pull it off considering he's really good off his back and is really lengthy. Diaz likes to box so much ppl tend to forget how good a grappler he is, and he is primarily a grappler.
He caught cyborg in a armbar off his back in 10 seconds, he took condit back in a matter of seconds, and condit is great on the ground.
Not to mention the crazy gogplata on Gomi...
tcunningham
2/24/13 8:29:10PM
if nick screws this fight up and it doesnt happen, they need to cut him and forget he ever existed. id like this fight to happen too. its not very often these days that i want to see GSP destroy anybody.
Boo_Radley21
2/25/13 1:44:31AM
This is Dana. Guarantee. If he pulls him he truly is a moron

Why are your crews driving around stockton doing nothing. is nick diaz a sasquatch?go fuckin find the guy and shoot
UFC_Fanatic
2/25/13 2:35:16AM

Posted by allaf

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by allaf

Posted by jae_1833

Yeah but Diaz could really pull it off considering he's really good off his back and is really lengthy. Diaz likes to box so much ppl tend to forget how good a grappler he is, and he is primarily a grappler.
He caught cyborg in a armbar off his back in 10 seconds, he took condit back in a matter of seconds, and condit is great on the ground.
Not to mention the crazy gogplata on Gomi...

yeah, he does have great jitz, I can't believe I actually forgot to mention that in my post. He has shown in time and time again. I mean, in the first round of his fight with bj he prevented a master of taking peoples back in BJ Penn, from sinking in the hooks. He has great jitz, don't get me wrong, I just think that Askren's defensive jitz will be good enough to ride it out on top en route to a decision. I think there would be some close calls for him where diaz would get really close to finishing it, but ultimately I'd see Askren getting the nod. Askren would likely do a ton of rolling with Pettis to get him really used to people with crafty guards like Diaz's. I would absolutely love this fight if some crazy how the ufc let the diaz cash cow go.
airkerma
2/25/13 10:39:06AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

This is Dana. Guarantee. If he pulls him he truly is a moron

Why are your crews driving around stockton doing nothing. is nick diaz a sasquatch?go fuckin find the guy and shoot

Idiot. Don't you realize that if you go around looking for squatch, you'll never find him! You can only find him on the blurry periphery of pictures or just out of focus on camera.
Michael_Corleone
2/25/13 12:09:02PM
One possible scenario:

1) Diaz gets dropped and Hendricks gets the title shot after all.

2) Condit vs Ellenberger rematch

3) Fitch gets the call to fight Marquardt.
allaf
2/25/13 4:00:32PM
Dana iw

Nick has finished all the shooting said Dana.
He just has to show upat the fight now.