Dana White to Make "Major Announcement" on Thursday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White to Make "Major Announcement" on Thursday
FastKnockout
10/26/10 4:46:00PM
Las Vegas, NV (USA) – The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is holding a media conference call in which UFC President Dana White will make a major announcement. The conference call will take place Thursday, October 28th starting at 10:00am PT/1:00pm ET.

LINK
emfleek
10/26/10 4:49:33PM
"Thanks for coming today, guys. I'm here to announce that grass is green! We're really excited for this and we hope you're just as excited because it's all about you, the consumer!"
FastKnockout
10/26/10 4:56:11PM
My (hopeful but inrealistic) guesses:

*Something related to a new television contract

*Something concerning PPV event at Madison Square Gardens - Wouldn't that be great? Too bad I'm just being hopeful.

*Wanderlei Silva and Chris Leben coaching the next season of TUF

*Some sort of "huge" PPV event that could possibly include Silva/Leben

*The UFC signing a fighter that they've been after for a while (Fedor?
)

*Something related to Brock Lesnar

*PPV event will be held in new location
DCRage
10/26/10 4:58:46PM
In order of guesses:
Not likely.

No.

No because of uncertainty regarding Leben (DUI charges).

Doubt it.

No.

If Lesnar's replacing Carwin to face Roy Nelson, yes.

Most likely.
Twenty20Dollars
10/26/10 5:24:19PM
Im here to announce frank shamrock is a...(long pause) jacka**. Thank you.
scoozna
10/26/10 5:43:02PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Ha...now that would be great.
theruler_
10/26/10 5:43:06PM
i think we all know by now lesnar is going to 205
BeeR
10/26/10 5:57:15PM
he making a super heavyweight division so Brock can still hold a title and he can make money off of him.
gartface
10/26/10 6:07:40PM
Last I heard Jay Hieron was a free agent, but that's far from a "Major Announcment."

I bet it will be a card somewhere in East Europe or in East Asia.
grappler0000
10/26/10 6:24:26PM

Posted by FastKnockout

*Some sort of "huge" PPV event that could possibly include Silva/Leben

*PPV event will be held in new location

They'll fight in Toronto...and throw in a UFC Fan Expo in Toronto that weekend while we're at it.
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/26/10 6:37:42PM
How good would it be if they announced the rebirth of Pride.
It is totally hope driven but it would be awesome if Pride was relaunched by Zuffa, starting with a Huge show in Japan
BlueSkiesBurn
10/26/10 7:12:34PM
He's going to announce that Gonzaga and Wanderlei have been tapped to play Donkey and Diddy Kong in a live action feature!

jjeans
10/26/10 8:29:51PM
"i've signed batman, the jack in the box, the fat guy from the fresh prince of bel-air, the entire cast of monty python.

And GSP-Silva will be happening sometime in 2011 did i mention i signed Screech from Saved by the bell?

That too"
Jackelope
10/26/10 8:42:01PM
I'm so tired of these "major announcements" I can't remember when one was actually relevant
hippysmacker
10/26/10 10:08:23PM
I gotta say that Forrest is the most simian looking fighter IMO

StriderXero
10/26/10 10:11:24PM
Return of pride would be the best and probably only annoucement I would be intested in. with Sakakibara returning as president. But most likely announcement to me will be the ufc going to brazil or mexico or both.
roadking95th
10/26/10 10:44:46PM
I've maintained for 2 years that they should merge WEC and UFC. There would never be a bad PPV!
Twenty20Dollars
10/26/10 11:03:11PM
UFC.......coming to a theater near you
ChokeUout
10/27/10 9:10:58AM
The last major announcement was that they banned vuvuezulas from UFC events...don't get your hopes up.

The announcement will be they opened up a UFC office in Botswana, or CHille, Or Madagasgar. Something like that
snakeplissken
10/27/10 9:30:50AM
We've called you here today to officially announce that we finally got our man, we have been chasing for a while and now here he is....

'Dave Batista!' we will taking bookings for Lesnar Vs. Batista very soon.
icantthinkofanything
10/27/10 11:05:23AM
Soo many times announcements are things we already know, or dumb stuff like banning horns for use at indoor stadiums.

I like Roy vs Lesnar -that would be a cool announc.

signing Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Gilbert , Nick and Gegard, would be great,

- but unlikely because the UFC doesnt dish out money the way I think they should on talent and fighter checks.

maybe having Jr. vs Cain in Brazil?

Besides signing SF fighters, im not excited about any announcements of offices in China or Europe.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/27/10 12:06:58PM
Iv'e learned to not get too excited about these announcements...I'm calling that he's probly signed an agreement with some clothing company or another sponsor. that for Dana is "Major"
Aether
10/27/10 1:29:14PM
I would guess an announcement about doing an event in Mexico but even that seems like too big of news for one of Dana's announcements.
gartface
10/27/10 1:53:52PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Iv'e learned to not get too excited about these announcements...I'm calling that he's probly signed an agreement with some clothing company or another sponsor. that for Dana is "Major"

Those kind of things are actually pretty major. If he were to announce a sponsorship with a car company or something of that magnitude, that would in fact be major.

I'm hoping it's actually fight related, but I'll settle for something business related because as long as the sport grows, I'm content.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/27/10 8:49:32PM
It was on PTI today. Apparently UFC has it's own television network. For those that care.
Sethirine
10/27/10 9:03:10PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO How good would it be if they announced the rebirth of Pride. It is totally hope driven but it would be awesome if Pride was relaunched by Zuffa, starting with a Huge show in Japan
If they kept the same rules it'd be a cool idea. unfortunately I'd shorty wake up after this announcement was made
Twenty20Dollars
10/27/10 9:10:05PM
Tito your fired....again