Dana White Looks Back at UFC 133, Discusses Deal Fedor Turned Down

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Looks Back at UFC 133, Discusses Deal Fedor Turned Down
kopower
8/7/11 6:35:08PM
PHILADELPHIA -- MMA Fighting spoke to Dana White about a whole host of subjects following UFC 133: why he was so bothered by Dennis Hallman's unique trunks, Rashad Evans performance, his take on Tito Ortiz's performance, why the fans don't like Evans, what's next for Yoshihiro Akiyama and Vitor Belfort, Rory MacDonald's breakthrough performance, sitting with Bernard Hopkins at the event and one last take on the rise and fall of Fedor Emelianenko.

Link
kopower
8/7/11 6:36:48PM
Man, Dana got worked up regarding the contract Fedor's management turned down. No love lost there.
mattjonesy
8/7/11 6:58:49PM
Brock vs fedor would have been awesome to watch.
mrsmiley
8/7/11 7:05:34PM
I still don't get Rashad hate.
Twenty20Dollars
8/7/11 8:15:07PM
Rashard is annonying, but not as annonying as I find Rampage now a days.

Would rather just see them fight then hear about what they have to say.
DeadHead988
8/7/11 11:37:01PM

Posted by mrsmiley

same here
icantthinkofanything
8/8/11 6:53:05AM
Hallman's shorts were no big deal, i didn't even notice , atleast it wasnt pink speedo's or a g string lol

I dont hate Rashad, I like Rashad and think he is a good rolemodel and nice, but besides hitting Rampage that 1st time, his fights have been lackluster to say the least. until ufc 133, where Rashad and Tito fought well imo

..i think people hate rashads fights and his personality and think he has an ego because he has that smirk always.

Fedor was the best, until GSP Silva came along...and HW's always have an advantage on the p4p list, along with there being no other UFC hw's until 2 years ago besides Mir, and Nog(who Fedor beat)

the sport moves too fast to wait for anyone on hiatus, Fedor was willing to fight the best, because he had nothing to lose, he never claimed to be the best., his M1- mgmt. team screwed him outta money, but did so to keep Fedor's worth high, I think everyone thought he would beat Werdum and Bigfoot and Even Hendo. I would like to see Fedor fight still, more than Overeem, because he still throws bombs.

Akyama vs Wandy
Rory Vs Fitch
Tito Vs Franklin
Hammil vs Bader
Story Vs Pyle
Vitor Vs Leben
kingsmasher
8/8/11 10:46:33AM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Hallman's shorts were no big deal, i didn't even notice , atleast it wasnt pink speedo's or a g string lol

I dont hate Rashad, I like Rashad and think he is a good rolemodel and nice, but besides hitting Rampage that 1st time, his fights have been lackluster to say the least. until ufc 133, where Rashad and Tito fought well imo

..i think people hate rashads fights and his personality and think he has an ego because he has that smirk always.

Fedor was the best, until GSP Silva came along...and HW's always have an advantage on the p4p list, along with there being no other UFC hw's until 2 years ago besides Mir, and Nog(who Fedor beat)

the sport moves too fast to wait for anyone on hiatus, Fedor was willing to fight the best, because he had nothing to lose, he never claimed to be the best., his M1- mgmt. team screwed him outta money, but did so to keep Fedor's worth high, I think everyone thought he would beat Werdum and Bigfoot and Even Hendo. I would like to see Fedor fight still, more than Overeem, because he still throws bombs.

Akyama vs Wandy
Rory Vs Fitch
Tito Vs Franklin
Hammil vs Bader
Story Vs Pyle
Vitor Vs Leben

Nog(Who Fedor beat) and Mir and Cain KTFO!!!

Manak
8/8/11 11:53:30AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Akyama vs Wandy
Rory Vs Fitch
Tito Vs Franklin
Hammil vs Bader
Story Vs Pyle
Vitor Vs Leben

icantthinkofanything said fedor WAS the best n 2 years ago the ufc really didnt have any HW which is pretty right since big nog was the interm champ in 2008, this influx of HW for the UFC is recent
tn_rebel
8/8/11 3:13:22PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by kingsmasher

Akyama vs Wandy
Rory Vs Fitch
Tito Vs Franklin
Hammil vs Bader
Story Vs Pyle
Vitor Vs Leben

icantthinkofanything said fedor WAS the best n 2 years ago the ufc really didnt have any HW which is pretty right since big nog was the interm champ in 2008, this influx of HW for the UFC is recent

Randy Couture?
Manak
8/8/11 3:16:29PM

Posted by tn_rebel

Posted by Manak

Posted by kingsmasher

Akyama vs Wandy
Rory Vs Fitch
Tito Vs Franklin
Hammil vs Bader
Story Vs Pyle
Vitor Vs Leben

Randy Couture?

that was when randy was retired aka being an actor n wanting the fedor fight.
jay98107
8/8/11 3:29:59PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I don't like him because of the way he taunts and talks **** during his fights, both on TUF and against Griffin and Machida. It doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothered Matt Hughes though . Then again, I enjoy Nick Diaz so I am a hypocrite of the highest order. Something about Evans has always bugged me, I think I've rooted against him every single time I've watched him fight. He's a great fighter though, no doubt about that.: