Dana White: Josh Barnett to the UFC is 'probably going to happen'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Josh Barnett to the UFC is 'probably going to happen'
prophecy033
1/23/13 3:04:06PM
Josh Barnett has had a long and complicated relationship with the UFC brass over the years; however, it appears "The Warmaster" may be on his way back to the world famous Octagon as UFC President Dana White said Barnett's return to the UFC is "probably going to happen."

Link
george112
1/23/13 3:46:39PM
This would have been way cooler like 3-4 years ago
tcunningham
1/23/13 3:49:17PM
they might as well bring him back. i think he's earned it as much as any of the other SF fighters that are coming to ufc. i think barnett could make some great fights and be a legit gate keeper for the HW division.
BillsNewAccount
1/23/13 3:54:04PM
Barnett is going to smash everyone outside the top 5 with his janky takedowns and subs.
prophecy033
1/23/13 3:54:52PM
Ive said it before and ill say it again, Barnett vs Mir would be a great fight. These guys remind me of eachother in a lot of ways
prozacnation1978
1/23/13 5:01:31PM
Sounds good. With mir booked
Most likely Barnett may face nelson or even gonzaga
I doubt Jds but who knows
Bubbles
1/23/13 7:18:38PM
Barnett vs Gonzaga

then towards the end of the year, win or lose from either fighter, Barnett vs Mir
postman
1/23/13 9:26:21PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Barnett is going to smash everyone outside the top 5 with his janky takedowns and subs.

Janky? We always used that as ugly or crappy. I only ask cause I find other city slang and accents kinda intrests me
shaneTpain
1/23/13 11:24:35PM
cant wait to see who they match him up with
quezocrema0032
1/24/13 2:10:05AM
For people who want to see Barnett brought along with fights against Gonzaga or whoever keep in mind he requires a healthy fight purse, especially if the contract he signed makes him completely exclusive to the ufc. Which leads me to believe hes fighting the cream of the crop from the beginning so I believe he's fighting JDS or someone of that caliber to warrant his pay check
Bubbles
1/24/13 8:27:38AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

For people who want to see Barnett brought along with fights against Gonzaga or whoever keep in mind he requires a healthy fight purse, especially if the contract he signed makes him completely exclusive to the ufc. Which leads me to believe hes fighting the cream of the crop from the beginning so I believe he's fighting JDS or someone of that caliber to warrant his pay check

so you want him to potentially get GTFO and be a waste of money or further kill the hype of a JDS or Struve/Hunt winner or any other top HW in his debut? It doesn't make sense