Dana White Hunting Down EliteXC Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White Hunting Down EliteXC Fighters
jae_1833
1/6/09 7:40:51PM
Link

“We are interested in a few people like Robbie Lawler, Jake Shields, and Gina Carano,” said White.

Jackelope
1/6/09 7:45:14PM
I honestly don't think Brett Rodgers would be a bad signing, either. Nor would Antonio Silva (fat chance of that happening, I'm sure)

Interesting to hear about Gina. I wonder what they'll do for women's MMA? Possibly WEC? Dana isn't the president of the WEC, though so I'm not sure if that would be the case. Maybe he wants to sign her as a sex slave?
prozacnation1978
1/6/09 7:46:05PM
i bet dana gets all three gina goes to wec wec gets female fighters
i think he might add a couple more like nick diaz benji radach
jae_1833
1/6/09 7:54:43PM
I think there is 7 other guys that should be considered as well.
Dave Herman, Joey Villasenor, Kyle Noke, Nick Thompson, Nick Diaz, Scott Smith, and ....oh god I am going to get flamed for this.....KJ Noons.
IriShame
1/6/09 8:01:28PM

Posted by jae_1833

Dave Herman, Joey Villasenor, Kyle Noke, Nick Thompson, Nick Diaz, Scott Smith, and ....oh god I am going to get flamed for this.....KJ Noons.

Dave Herman just got served up by some tomato can over in Japan so I don't know if he's quite ready for the big show yet.
copcopps
1/6/09 8:08:34PM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by jae_1833

Dave Herman just got served up by some tomato can over in Japan so I don't know if he's quite ready for the big show yet.

Yep totally agree with ya on that one

rumor has it rogers is already signed with Affliction though
Jackelope
1/6/09 8:08:59PM

Posted by jae_1833

Good call on Villasenor. I knew there was someone I was leaving out. Smokin' Joe is legit if you ask me. I'd hate to see him fall to the wayside.

The others I could honestly do without. Not bashing your opinion, of course... just saying. I'm tired of seeing Nick Diaz talk, and KJ Noons would get smoked at 155 or 170 by the powerful wrestlers/jj players in those divisions. His style doesn't fit at all for those fights. So yeah, you got flamed for that one
jae_1833
1/6/09 8:12:59PM
I know...the same guy KOed Gary Goodridge! Everyone can get knocked out. I think he is still pretty good and at least worth a look.
Twenty20Dollars
1/6/09 8:17:33PM
Lawler, Smokin' Joe, Shields, Ninja, Benji
imanidiot777
1/6/09 8:23:20PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Definitely should give Ninja a chance, forgot about him.
Jackelope
1/6/09 8:25:22PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Definitely should give Ninja a chance, forgot about him.

Only problem with Ninja is that he's so off and on. Seems like when he's truly focused he can beat almost anyone, but he drops a lot of meaningless fights. I don't think the UFC wants guys like that right now. I like Ninja a lot, though. Just don't know if UFC is the glove that fits
DevonFoxy
1/6/09 8:34:15PM
Paul Daley and Shields would be the ones i would want to see the most......Daley the most though.
seanfu
1/6/09 10:25:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Paul Daley and Shields would be the ones i would want to see the most......Daley the most though.

Daley vs Rumble, that would be the shit.
jae_1833
1/7/09 2:15:31AM
daley and benji would be nice
cmill21
1/7/09 3:20:05AM
I really like Ninja, but he should have retired after the coma. I hope he does now.
TheNatural915
1/7/09 7:36:13AM
Is the UFC ever going to sign Jake Shields?
AchillesHeel
1/7/09 10:06:29AM

Posted by Jackelope

Interesting to hear about Gina. I wonder what they'll do for women's MMA? Possibly WEC? Dana isn't the president of the WEC, though so I'm not sure if that would be the case.

I think I read somewhere else that the WEC could host a women's fight or two, although I think this is the first time I've seen Dana White specifically mention Carano. I think the WEC would struggle to put together enough talent for a women's division, especially one built around Carano. Carano poses a bit of a problem for a promoter. She's hot, she's charismatic and charming, she kicks ass... But the competitive divisions in women's MMA right now appear to be 115 lbs and 135 lbs, and she struggles to make 140.

I would love to see Carano, Cyborg Santos, and Tara Larosa settle their hash, but after those three..? They could have an "American Gladiators" reunion in the MMA cage, Gina "Crush" Carano vs. Erin "Steel" Toughill (8-2-1 in MMA), at 145 lbs.

cowcatcher
1/7/09 10:12:08AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I would love to see Carano, Cyborg Santos, and Tara Larosa settle their hash, but after those three..? They could have an "American Gladiators" reunion in the MMA cage, Gina "Crush" Carano vs. Erin "Steel" Toughill (8-2-1 in MMA), at 145 lbs.

oh the things that happened in the AG dressing room in my imagination........
PABLOMAFIOSO
1/7/09 1:01:35PM
Paul Daley is a good call, he is the best ww to come out of the uk and hasn't got his shot yet. It would be good to see Nick Diaz and Phil Baroni back in the UFC. Seeing as the heavyweight division isn't the strongest maybe give Kimbo a chance? you know you will definately see some knockouts!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
warglory
1/7/09 1:42:51PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Paul Daley is a good call, he is the best ww to come out of the uk and hasn't got his shot yet. It would be good to see Nick Diaz and Phil Baroni back in the UFC. Seeing as the heavyweight division isn't the strongest maybe give Kimbo a chance? you know you will definately see some knockouts!

All I can say is no F'n way in regards to Kimbo, the UFC is the last thing that guy needs right now.
telnights
1/7/09 2:03:30PM
The ones I would like to see.

Robbie Lawler - I feel he is over rated right now but still fun to watch.

Jake Shields - Also little over rated but always gives his all.

Gina Carano - I'm hoping she has to strip to make weight again. She just needs to do playboy and get it over with.

Nick Diaz - I'm kind of up in the air on this one because I'm not sure he can make the weight cut to 155 very well and he is just a mid level UFC fighter at 170. I could also do without his antics. But he is fun to watch fight.

Joey Villasenor - Good fighter and is fun to watch.

Brett Rodgers - The UFC needs all the HWs it can get.

Now the people I don't want to see or I don't think the UFC will pick up.

KJ Noons - I dont think I need to explain why but I dont think the UFC wants the headaches that comes with him.

Dave Herman - I dnt think is ready just yet and would end up hurting him more than anything.

Scott Smith - He just doesn't have what it takes right now. He got totally owned by a gate keeper at the UFC level.

Ninja - I don't know I think he really needs to work somethings out in his game before he jumps in to the UFC.

Antonio Silva - I don't think the UFC should sign him because of his issue with CSAC. Right or wrong it not good to piss off CSAC and that's just what Antonio and his manager are doing right now. If the UFC was to pick him up it would look like they agree with Antonio's action.

bls1919
1/7/09 6:59:47PM
I would love to see smoking Joey Villasenor in the UFC anlong with Nija Rua, and Robbie Lawler. Also Brett Rogers in the UFC HW division is a good fit.
Jackelope
1/7/09 7:03:20PM

Posted by telnights

The ones I would like to see.

Robbie Lawler - I feel he is over rated right now but still fun to watch.

Jake Shields - Also little over rated but always gives his all.

Gina Carano - I'm hoping she has to strip to make weight again. She just needs to do playboy and get it over with.

Nick Diaz - I'm kind of up in the air on this one because I'm not sure he can make the weight cut to 155 very well and he is just a mid level UFC fighter at 170. I could also do without his antics. But he is fun to watch fight.

Joey Villasenor - Good fighter and is fun to watch.

Brett Rodgers - The UFC needs all the HWs it can get.

Now the people I don't want to see or I don't think the UFC will pick up.

KJ Noons - I dont think I need to explain why but I dont think the UFC wants the headaches that comes with him.

Dave Herman - I dnt think is ready just yet and would end up hurting him more than anything.

Scott Smith - He just doesn't have what it takes right now. He got totally owned by a gate keeper at the UFC level.

Ninja - I don't know I think he really needs to work somethings out in his game before he jumps in to the UFC.

Antonio Silva - I don't think the UFC should sign him because of his issue with CSAC. Right or wrong it not good to piss off CSAC and that's just what Antonio and his manager are doing right now. If the UFC was to pick him up it would look like they agree with Antonio's action.

Wow, its like I'm reading one of my own posts here. I want to see Antonio Silva in the UFC, but I agree with your reasoning. Seriously... we're like eye to eye on this with all these people LOL
telnights
1/8/09 2:25:25PM

Posted by Jackelope
Wow, its like I'm reading one of my own posts here. I want to see Antonio Silva in the UFC, but I agree with your reasoning. Seriously... we're like eye to eye on this with all these people LOL

That's great that means this tin-foil hat I'm wearing is working and allowing me to read other peoples minds .
Gipper
1/8/09 4:03:15PM
lawler, smokin joe, shields, diaz, noons, rodgers
is dana trying to sign gina to be an octagon girl or what?
SociopathX
1/10/09 5:27:43PM
Lawler vs Leben would be an awesome brawl for the middleweight division.