Dana White hints Strikeforce champ Dan Henderson could soon return to UFC's ranks

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White hints Strikeforce champ Dan Henderson could soon return to UFC's ranks
FastKnockout
8/4/11 4:16:58PM
Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson may soon return to the UFC's roster, according to UFC president Dana White.

The 40-year-old Henderson recently ended a four-fight Strikeforce deal with an emphatic TKO win over former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and is free to test the open waters of free agency.

Now White says he'll at least entertain the idea of the seven-time UFC vet making his way back into the octagon.

LINK
KungFuMaster
8/4/11 4:22:10PM
Another indication....

Fleek will get on my case if I repeat this one more time.
kingsmasher
8/4/11 4:49:49PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Another indication....

Indication of what?

there about to merge makes sense being Dana White said in a interview recently expect big thing before the end of the year...I mean in all seriousness thats all it could be...Unless they have a UFC lab where they genetically made the incredible Hulk and hes gonna fight five guys at once...
grappler0000
8/4/11 4:54:20PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Another indication....

Indication of what?

there about to merge makes sense being Dana White said in a interview recently expect big thing before the end of the year...I mean in all seriousness thats all it could be...Unless they have a UFC lab where they genetically made the incredible Hulk and hes gonna fight five guys at once...

1) Big things can mean different things coming from Dana. Although I suspect it will actually be something noteworthy this time, his "big things" aren't always all that big.

2) Unless UFC plans to be on Showtime or Zuffa has somehow talked Showtime out of the Strikeforce contract, Strikeforce will live to see 2012.
kingsmasher
8/4/11 5:04:55PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Another indication....

Indication of what?

1) Big things can mean different things coming from Dana. Although I suspect it will actually be something noteworthy this time, his "big things" aren't always all that big.

2) Unless UFC plans to be on Showtime or Zuffa has somehow talked Showtime out of the Strikeforce contract, Strikeforce will live to see 2012.

I think the UFC has found a loophole around the Showtime contract or they dont care they will throw showtime scraps if they arent getting the deal they want and in turn Showtime will just say void it were done and we can move on...

Im curious what the UFC paid for SF...
prozacnation1978
8/4/11 5:22:50PM
Sign him back
Hendo vs evans,shogun, jones, machida
Poor_Franklin
8/4/11 5:27:33PM
i kinda wish dan couldve fought overeem
SmileR
8/4/11 5:29:43PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Jesus! What's Hendo ever done to you?! Theirs a 60lb weight difference!
KungFuMaster
8/4/11 5:37:35PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Poor_Franklin
8/4/11 5:49:17PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hendo & BJ are 2 fighters that if i was matchmaker, theyd be dead right now. bc i would love to see them fight ANYONE

BJ vs Fedor anyone? How about Dan vs Brock? a man can dream can't he

FYI: if i ever make a post that makes you think, "damn, that dude must be stoned." it's probably true
prophecy033
8/4/11 5:50:29PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hendo don't give a sh*t
grappler0000
8/4/11 5:51:27PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Another indication....

Indication of what?

I think the UFC has found a loophole around the Showtime contract or they dont care they will throw showtime scraps if they arent getting the deal they want and in turn Showtime will just say void it were done and we can move on...

And what network would ever work with them if they did that? It's not like they have their own network just yet. Not to mention, any contract that big has some precautionary clauses included. I highly doubt that to be the case.
kingsmasher
8/4/11 5:58:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by KungFuMaster

Another indication....

Indication of what?

And what network would ever work with them if they did that? It's not like they have their own network just yet. Not to mention, any contract that big has some precautionary clauses included. I highly doubt that to be the case.

I dont think the UFC is worried about networks working with them period they have the talent so its actually the networks that will have to cave to them...if they want the demographic and nielsen ratings...I mean Versus is changing to NBC Sports so that is prolly where the deal lies....

I was wondering about what they paid for SF cause really they only got Diaz Melendez Mousasi Dan Hendo...A few more HWs and a handful of other fighters who really arent that intriguing...
grappler0000
8/4/11 6:13:45PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I dont think the UFC is worried about networks working with them period they have the talent so its actually the networks that will have to cave to them...if they want the demographic and nielsen ratings...I mean Versus is changing to NBC Sports so that is prolly where the deal lies....

If it were that simple, they would've signed a bigger deal a long time ago. The truth is that it's a lot more complex than just garnering the key demo. And unless they have a crystal ball, no business worth their weight in dog sh*t would screw over a partner like that for the rest of the industry to see.
pmoney
8/4/11 6:27:16PM
I want to see Hendo and Shogun like no one's business. I think Shogun has to beat Forrest in Brazil for that one to make much sense... hey, then again, maybe it doesn't have to! This is unfinished business!

If they made Hendo-Shogun, I am sure the hard core fans would go nuts. Zuffa owns all of the Pride footage, and Strikeforce footage, so they could put together a nice video piece and hype the hell out of that one. A match years in the making, hype the two legends angle again, and boom! Blockbuster PPV!
Twenty20Dollars
8/4/11 6:46:15PM
I would like to see him back for his potentially last fights.

And it would almost indicate the soon end of SF, the grand prix is the last strand holding SF from UFC.
hotrodttt
8/4/11 7:42:57PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Hendo don't give a sh*t

And I'd make a serious consideration about picking Hendo over Overeem.
Bubbles
8/4/11 11:35:55PM
Hendo vs Rampage II to once again unify the belts??

anyone agree?
tn_rebel
8/5/11 12:04:25AM

Posted by Bubbles

Hendo vs Rampage II to once again unify the belts??

anyone agree?

Rampage don't have the belt and ain't goin to anytime soon.
Pookie
8/5/11 1:36:41AM

Posted by pmoney

I want to see Hendo and Shogun like no one's business. I think Shogun has to beat Forrest in Brazil for that one to make much sense... hey, then again, maybe it doesn't have to! This is unfinished business!

If they made Hendo-Shogun, I am sure the hard core fans would go nuts. Zuffa owns all of the Pride footage, and Strikeforce footage, so they could put together a nice video piece and hype the hell out of that one. A match years in the making, hype the two legends angle again, and boom! Blockbuster PPV!

Most exciting match up you could make at LHW. Period.
Poor_Franklin
8/5/11 4:17:36AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by pmoney

Most exciting match up you could make at LHW. Period.

we'd all spontaneously combust