Dana White on Herb Dean: ‘He’s the Best Referee Ever in the History of the Sport'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White on Herb Dean: ‘He’s the Best Referee Ever in the History of the Sport'
FastKnockout
6/12/11 9:49:39PM
A couple of incidents at UFC 131 made the case for UFC President Dana White to once again proclaim referee Herb Dean as the best in the business.

LINK
FastKnockout
6/12/11 9:52:41PM
Big John is, and always will be the best referee in the sport. I've seen it mentioned a few times that he and Dana never seen eye to eye.
grappler0000
6/12/11 9:55:42PM
I've been saying it for a couple of years now, but Herb Dean is truly a blessing to MMA. There's no other refs that hold a candle to BJM and Herb.
bjj1605
6/12/11 10:21:38PM
Both Big John and Herb Dean have made mistakes, no one is perfect.. BJM makes more though.
Twenty20Dollars
6/12/11 11:34:35PM
I still think Mario is the best.

Is he the best ever? Or is he the best eva? #PhilBaroni
Sam_Rothstein
6/13/11 12:06:01AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I still think Mario is the best.

Is he the best ever? Or is he the best eva? #PhilBaroni

MARIIOOOOOOOO YAMASAKIIIIIII

He is cool but he lets fights go on wayyyyyyy too long sometimes

Lawler Vs Ninja should of ended way before it did

Aether
6/13/11 1:01:52AM
Mario "finish him" Yamasaki lolol.
Twenty20Dollars
6/13/11 1:32:11AM
Honestly, I can barely remember who is refing the fights anymore, like who did what fight.

Budgellism
6/13/11 1:44:13AM

Posted by grappler0000

I've been saying it for a couple of years now, but Herb Dean is truly a blessing to MMA. There's no other refs that hold a candle to BJM and Herb.

Couldn't have said it better myself. These two guys know their ****.
Jekyll
6/13/11 3:24:50AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Honestly, I can barely remember who is refing the fights anymore, like who did what fight.

that is how it should be... the refs should not be remembered. If they do their job right no-one notices, when they screw the pooch we get 2 pages of the same topic
vomitshovel
6/13/11 6:35:37AM
I've sometimes thought Mario makes bad calls. Noone is perfect but Herb Dean is as close as you get referee wise. He breaks at appropriate times and can really tell when a fighter wants no more - cause he's been there. He is even a pretty good fighter from the 3 fights i've seen.
Jekyll
6/13/11 6:44:34AM

Posted by vomitshovel

I've sometimes thought Mario makes bad calls. Noone is perfect but Herb Dean is as close as you get referee wise. He breaks at appropriate times and can really tell when a fighter wants no more - cause he's been there. He is even a pretty good fighter from the 3 fights i've seen.

Herb has refed some of the best fights too, its great when you hear him yell oh sh!t. he dd it when Gonzaga kicked Cro Cop and when Mir snaped Tims arm.

Herb is the best now IMO.
tn_rebel
6/13/11 3:30:01PM
I agree that Herb Dean is the best, but Big John is by far the worst. He has called so many fights where both fighters were still standing. The only reason he still has a job is because he reffed main events when the sport first got popular and he has a catch phrase.