Dana White ‘couldnt be happier’ with new UFC video game (Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White ‘couldnt be happier’ with new UFC video game (Video)
juanez13
7/1/08 4:47:17PM
Dana white gives his thoughts on the up-coming UFC game, amongst other things.

LINK
gsquat
7/1/08 6:11:20PM
Great interview. Dana got me pumped about the game.
KYGUY07
7/1/08 6:25:04PM
I cant wait for that damn game
mikevolz
7/1/08 6:25:55PM
watching the footage leads me to think the game will be a bust, it looks like the old games but with better graphics. im not hyped for it, ill still get it though.
durog
7/1/08 9:09:06PM
I haven't played any of the earlier ufc games but I was a big boxing game fan. Dana's right in saying there are only so many moves and combinations you can do in a boxing game before it becomes boring. But it looks like with this ufc game and all the different moves and positions shown on the trailer this could be the future king of fighting games. And Anderson Silva pwns!
dmfp
7/2/08 3:39:11AM
Its allmoust exactly like the old games, the stiffness is still there, the ground game seems limited.
The only possitions on the ground seems to bee guard and full mount, except for when you press two buttons at the same time, then you can throw knees from side mount.
Im totally dissapointed allready, I was hoping for a mma game with the feel of fight night 3.

Alltough I belive better games will come so Ill start with this one.

The dream would be if EA games came out with a game called just "MMA"
where all the organisations would be reprecented.
Every one from cagerage, king of the cage to Elite XC, Dream and the UFC!

Just like their Fifa or NHL.

I know that will never hapen with Dana in charge of the money machine, but it would be the best game in the universe!
telnights
7/2/08 4:42:55AM

Posted by dmfp

Its allmoust exactly like the old games, the stiffness is still there, the ground game seems limited.
The only possitions on the ground seems to bee guard and full mount, except for when you press two buttons at the same time, then you can throw knees from side mount.
Im totally dissapointed allready, I was hoping for a mma game with the feel of fight night 3.

I know that will never hapen with Dana in charge of the money machine, but it would be the best game in the universe!

I find it funny your already passing judgment on a game that isn't even finished and has 0 reviews on it. You don't have any clue what the controls will be like or the game play but yet you say its just like the old ones. Do you work for the UFC or THQ and have play tested the game - I going to say no. But lets say for a sec you have, well it is not even a finished product and most of the fine tuning of a game happens right before release. The game isn't even set for release till spring of 2009 that's a long time from now. Why don't you wait till you have played the game before passing judgment on it and telling other people its just like the other when you really don't know.

BTW just because EA made good football games doesn't mean they can make other games well. Fight night isn't really that great of a game and is very limited to its control of the boxer. There is so much more they could have done with the game but chose not to because EA rushes all their products and expects the end user to deal with it till it. In fact almost everything EA has got their little greedy hands on has turned to trash because they think something that take 20 programs to do should only take 5 and be done in 1/4 the time. I could post a list of the games that were great games till EA bought the company out and ran the game in to the ground.

( I can say this about EA as I worked for them for almost 2 years after I retired from being a cop and it was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I could write a full book of the stuff that is wrong at that company. I started my own company after I left there.)
dmfp
7/2/08 6:23:58AM
Just wait n youl see..
mrsmiley
7/2/08 6:32:05AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by dmfp

I find it funny your already passing judgment on a game that isn't even finished and has 0 reviews on it. You don't have any clue what the controls will be like or the game play but yet you say its just like the old ones. Do you work for the UFC or THQ and have play tested the game - I going to say no. But lets say for a sec you have, well it is not even a finished product and most of the fine tuning of a game happens right before release. The game isn't even set for release till spring of 2009 that's a long time from now. Why don't you wait till you have played the game before passing judgment on it and telling other people its just like the other when you really don't know.

BTW just because EA made good football games doesn't mean they can make other games well. Fight night isn't really that great of a game and is very limited to its control of the boxer. There is so much more they could have done with the game but chose not to because EA rushes all their products and expects the end user to deal with it till it. In fact almost everything EA has got their little greedy hands on has turned to trash because they think something that take 20 programs to do should only take 5 and be done in 1/4 the time. I could post a list of the games that were great games till EA bought the company out and ran the game in to the ground.

( I can say this about EA as I worked for them for almost 2 years after I retired from being a cop and it was by far the worst company I have ever worked for. I could write a full book of the stuff that is wrong at that company. I started my own company after I left there.)

Fight Night not that good of a game?????
Personaly I thought it was great.Far better than any other boxing game I've ever played.The best thing I could find before fight night was Knockout Kings,and that's really not saying a whole lot.Maybe they could have delayed it and made it better,but isn't that true of every game out their???I've had herd people bitch about EA on video game forums,but normaly Fight Night is talked about like their crowning achievement.I can't speak too much about their Football games,because I'm not a football fan.
misses1112
7/9/08 9:00:09AM
i reserved my copy at game stop a few weeks ago