Dana White: I Guarantee Dan Henderson Has Been Signed by Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: I Guarantee Dan Henderson Has Been Signed by Strikeforce
crushedbacon
11/5/09 8:57:44PM
White said Wednesday, "I guarantee you 1,000 percent that Dan Henderson is signed by Strikeforce."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/5/1118054/dana-white-i-guarantee-dan

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-henderson110509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Twenty20Dollars
11/5/09 9:27:47PM
thats a shame...
higdon10
11/5/09 9:57:48PM
That sucks.
jae_1833
11/5/09 10:00:03PM
Really....I think it's a relief, there isn't much there for him in either the MW or LHW IMO. I think his time would be spent getting a title and then holding it with relative ease, in the UFC there is just a deeper pool of talented fighters for him in either class he chooses to fight in. I don't think I can imagine more than 4 fights I would want to see him in SF, that would only keep him busy for about a year. I don't think he is ageing poorly and should probably have about 3-5 years of good fights left in him.
bjj1605
11/5/09 10:04:35PM

Posted by jae_1833

Really....I think it's a relief, there isn't much there for him in either the MW or LHW IMO. I think his time would be spent getting a title and then holding it with relative ease, in the UFC there is just a deeper pool of talented fighters for him in either class he chooses to fight in. I don't think I can imagine more than 4 fights I would want to see him in SF, that would only keep him busy for about a year. I don't think he is ageing poorly and should probably have about 3-5 years of good fights left in him.

Your post has confused me. You're relieved that he is probably in strikeforce yet you don't think there's much there for him? I get that you think he'll be back in the UFC (i think thats the point of the 3-5 years thing) but why would you want him to waste time in strikeforce. I'm not trying to be an a**. I really just don't understand.
postman
11/5/09 10:16:04PM
Didn't Dana once guarantee he would sign Fedor?
jae_1833
11/5/09 10:20:25PM
Your post has confused me. You're relieved that he is probably in strikeforce yet you don't think there's much there for him? I get that you think he'll be back in the UFC (i think thats the point of the 3-5 years thing) but why would you want him to waste time in strikeforce. I'm not trying to be an a**. I really just don't understand.

Read the title only and misread it....my bust! I want him to stay in the UFC!
chickmagnet
11/5/09 10:27:58PM
Mousasi vs. Hendo!!!!!!!!

This is kinda cool, BUT Mousasi is the only interesting match-up for him here...maybe Fedor at HW but its highly unlikely.

I dont know if he can handle Gegard though, but I think we shall see soon enough> Im pretty sure Gegard will beat up Soko, and Hendo will want to avenge his teammates loss. Anyways this is interesting but I bet he resigns with the UFC somehwhere down the road.
xdanish020
11/5/09 10:55:47PM
it;s not definite yet
mach
11/5/09 11:02:30PM
Well now we get Hendo vs. Mousasi and after that...well after that I guess i don't care
mentalcase
11/5/09 11:29:23PM
agree with above atleast gegard has someone to fight now
Jackelope
11/5/09 11:54:24PM
I'd prefer to see him in the UFC, but if this is true then more power to Dan. He has the right to market his product wherever he wants. I'm just glad to know how professional about this he has been the whole way through. He will wreck Strikeforce and solidify himself even further as a GOAT.
telnights
11/6/09 12:09:02AM
I find it funny the way Bloody Elbow presents this story and they say it like it's Dana behind this trying to start a bidding war with StrikeForce. I don't think that's what he is doing at all and I think its more along the lines of Dan's mangers giving false info in hopes of trying to start a bidding war that the Dana wants no part of.
prozacnation1978
11/6/09 3:12:26AM
seems like dana doesn't want hendo period
they should let him walk and sign one of strikeforces top guys like a robbie lawler to get back at them
SamPan
11/6/09 4:00:09AM
uh oh. Hendersin wa ******* good. Im so ******* gone, But Silva was better in both devisions he was debating between. So, I guess he was better off taking on Hendo before than Silva or Machida or Rua. Doesnt make much sense but i would make sense if I was sober, Sober from now on. Sorry
1daveufc
11/6/09 4:20:10AM
Henderson vs Mousasi haha Henderson wud ko him there is no one in strikeforce that will come close to dan at mw or lhw IMO.
tomp6581
11/6/09 5:16:06AM
UFC losing Henderson is a shame. He is a fighter that I really enjoy to watch and although certain people think he is boring, I do not.

If Henderson doesn't attract big PPV's numbers then I'm afraid the UFC will not offer him big money. Funnily enough, after ko'ing Bisping I think Henderson is probably at his most popular and we wont find out if that popularity would have reflected in UFC PPV buys.

But would anyone really complain if we see Henderson fight Mousasi, Lawler, Shields, Chug Le, Diaz, King Mo?

All going well, imagine if the next Strikeforce card on CBS had Fedor v Overeem & Henderson v Mousasi! That's a great main and co-main event in any mma org.

Remember people, if the UFC didnt have any competition, we would have never saw Chuck in Pride or Anderson v James Irwin.

jae_1833
11/6/09 7:04:53PM

Posted by tomp6581

UFC losing Henderson is a shame. He is a fighter that I really enjoy to watch and although certain people think he is boring, I do not.

If Henderson doesn't attract big PPV's numbers then I'm afraid the UFC will not offer him big money. Funnily enough, after ko'ing Bisping I think Henderson is probably at his most popular and we wont find out if that popularity would have reflected in UFC PPV buys.

But would anyone really complain if we see Henderson fight Mousasi, Lawler, Shields, Chug Le, Diaz, King Mo?

All going well, imagine if the next Strikeforce card on CBS had Fedor v Overeem & Henderson v Mousasi! That's a great main and co-main event in any mma org.

Remember people, if the UFC didnt have any competition, we would have never saw Chuck in Pride or Anderson v James Irwin.

Good points, and props to you sir! That would definately make for one hell of a main and co-main event!
mrsmiley
11/6/09 7:59:31PM
They probaly let him go due to the trauma that he caused to Bisping after that big right hand layed him out.
The guy is probably still having nightmeres.
tomuch4ya
11/6/09 9:09:46PM
Dana was betting on Biatch-Bing to win , his #'s are evening off here so he wanted that english coin to start rolling in. Hendo's stock is up, way up, almost near where Dana's ego soars but if Dana doesnt get his way he wont let you play
Hendo67
11/6/09 11:48:10PM

Posted by SamPan

uh oh. Hendersin wa ******* good. Im so ******* gone, But Silva was better in both devisions he was debating between. So, I guess he was better off taking on Hendo before than Silva or Machida or Rua. Doesnt make much sense but i would make sense if I was sober, Sober from now on. Sorry

Fail.
Wolfenstein
11/7/09 1:30:04PM
I could see Dan bulking up to fight Fedor, and there's Gegard Mousasi and Babalu--so lots of quality opponents and interesting possibilities. Either way I think he'll have some big oppurtunities to put a final exclamation point on an awesome career.