Dana White: Georges St-Pierre's VADA stance before UFC 167 'a little weird'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Georges St-Pierre's VADA stance before UFC 167 'a little weird'
FastKnockout
8/15/13 2:57:23PM
BOSTON – Maybe Dana White isn't used to fighters volunteering to foot the bill for things. But he knows one thing when it comes to Georges St-Pierre's insistence on being tested by VADA: "It's a little weird."

Link
DeadHead988
8/15/13 3:31:06PM
Nothing weird about it, just a true professional with something to prove. Much respect for this move, it helps bring credence to the sport.
scoozna
8/15/13 3:47:01PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Nothing weird about it, just a true professional with something to prove. Much respect for this move, it helps bring credence to the sport.

Yeah, exactly, it seems pretty clear to me what he meant and I'm not sure why Dana would think it's weird.
Webbie
8/15/13 3:49:05PM
Yeah, I agree with you guys. GSP doesn't seem to like it when people accuse him of steroids (even though he says he takes it as a compliment), so he feels that by doing the VADA testing it will prove everyone wrong. Plus, it sounds important to him to show the world that you can be a dominant champion like he has been without cheating. I don't really see how it's "weird", and it definitely can't hurt the sport none.
Bustamante-Aoki
8/15/13 11:45:23PM
Dana just doesn't want people to think VADA testing is good, because if they do think VADA is the best, then they might expect UFC to start paying for VADA testing for all their fighters instead of allowing the commissions to do it for free (as far as Zuffa is concerned)

Also It kind of devalues the state athletic commission`s testing, and Dana and the Fertitas are tight with the CSAC, and the NSAC and probably don`t like one of his best fighters insulting them, and their testing methods.

As everyone else keeps saying, there's nothing wrong with wanting to prove one`s innocence.
frizzzlecake
8/16/13 1:25:41AM
I think the UFC should use whatever testing Major League Baseball uses, I want OVEREEM back, not normalreem!

Seriously though, Dana shouldn't be calling out champions for wanting to prove there clean.