Dana White on expansion, Junie Browning, Kimbo Slice, UFC future and more (Audio)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White on expansion, Junie Browning, Kimbo Slice, UFC future and more (Audio)
MMAcca
10/15/08 12:53:56PM
Naturaldisaster
10/15/08 1:25:04PM
Dana is the best thing that has ever happened to the sport of MMA. He pulls no punches and tells it exactly how it is.
MMAcca
10/15/08 1:30:29PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Dana is the best thing that has ever happened to the sport of MMA. He pulls no punches and tells it exactly how it is.

100%

If i could prop you 100 times for that i would
Darnok
10/15/08 1:31:56PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

And he is trying to keep it real and clean. None of this stand up only Sheet.
hodge
10/15/08 2:53:18PM
Yeah Dana is the man and im glad he didnt kick Junie fair enough the guys an asshole but god he makes great tv. Even if some people say that he is giving the sport a bad name i dont care, the only fans who will be put off the sport because of Junies behavior dont deserve to be fans. PERIOD
loller90278
10/15/08 4:55:36PM
in the interview he said that junie ISNT the anderson silva of the 155ers. that leads me to suspect phillipe nover or whatever to win this season, and take out junie... and take out junie in the next fight i think

casey64
10/15/08 4:57:04PM
Dana knows what he is doing for his company, props to Dana.
MrGreeny
10/15/08 4:57:21PM
Great interview. Great. :)

I love the way Dana talks about shit. The only thing that made me sad was Gina Carano. She deserves faaaar better than these fuckheads Shaw. I hope she makes a great career in the movies and continues to fight on Muay Thay shows or something like that WHEN EliteXC crashes down.

And duuuude, i want to lay a hand on that Rachelle Leah playboy. (and maybe that hand lotion, they were talking about ;) )

telnights
10/15/08 6:05:08PM
I really don't know why some MMA fans don't like the guy. He has done more for MMA than anyone. The only people I think that has done more is the Gracie family. Dana has taken MMA out of the dark ages and turned it the the fastest growing sport in the world. I don't know what more he could do for the sport but yet some people still hate on him.
cmill21
10/15/08 6:26:50PM

Posted by telnights

I really don't know why some MMA fans don't like the guy. He has done more for MMA than anyone. The only people I think that has done more is the Gracie family. Dana has taken MMA out of the dark ages and turned it the the fastest growing sport in the world. I don't know what more he could do for the sport but yet some people still hate on him.

The only reason most don't like him is because he's all about business(as a business man should) but it's hard for people like me who enjoy different types of shows. I agree though Dana has done so much for the sport, I just wish he would ease up on some of his policies(perhaps we saw the dawn of a new age by letting junie stay) so we can see all the fights we want to see.
dannyfrank
10/15/08 6:42:48PM
good interview

dana is the man. and it just felt so good to hear him rip on the shaws and EXC
ncordless
10/15/08 7:12:51PM

Posted by telnights

There is no question that Dana has done a lot for the sport. Anybody who doesn't recognize that is a fool. But what I, and many others, get upset with him about is when he puts his ego ahead of making the sport even better. When the UFC first started gaining steam it made sense to put him front and center. It made things interesting when Dana had a beef. Now that things are more established it's time for the fighters to take all the limelight. There is no more need for Dana's Vince McMahon impersonations, like trying to get a boxing match with Tito.

Dana is a funny, interesting guy. We owe him so much gratitude for raising the sport to its current level in the US and UK. He will always have a role. But I am tired of seeing fighters not sign because of him, and think that he is better suited to a spokesperson role than a HR position.
jgtribbett
10/15/08 7:42:25PM
dana isnt my favorite person in the world.. and i think that he prolly does some shady shit of his own.. but i like laughing at his interviews
MMAcca
10/16/08 12:02:23AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

But I am tired of seeing fighters not sign because of him, and think that he is better suited to a spokesperson role than a HR position.

Interesting. I've never heard of fighters not signing to the UFC because of Dana.

Do you have any examples, or links to places i can read about this ?

Thanks in advance, cheers .
Darnok
10/16/08 11:10:59AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

But I am tired of seeing fighters not sign because of him, and think that he is better suited to a spokesperson role than a HR position.

Interesting. I've never heard of fighters not signing to the UFC because of Dana.

The only one I can think of is Tito, but his problems are more money than Dana.
SeanMcD
10/16/08 11:20:08AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

Not that I agree with it but...

He's probobly referring to Fedor. A lot of people felt that one was on Dana because of the back and forth between Finkelstein/M-1 and Dana/UFC during contract negotiations. Add in Randy's leaving the UFC, citing the UFC not signing Fedor as one of the main reasons, and you had a lot of heat being directed at Dana. People just wanted him to give Fedor and his people whatever they asked for and make the fight. Great in the short term for the fans but in the long term it probobly would have been the wrong move and caused more harm then good.

He could also be talking about Barnett or Lindland. Both have indicated the reason they don't fight in the UFC is at least partially due to Dana not liking them.

On a long shot he might be talking about Tito or Joachim "Hellboy" Hansen. Tito and Dana put up with each other for a long time though so I doubt it would be him Plus, who is really that upset Tito is out of the UFC. And, Joachim seemed to have problems with the UFC in general because he felt they tried to give him a bad deal on his contract after the Pride buyout (I think it was after the Pride buyout anyway, could be wrong). Either way I don't remember Joachim complaining about Dana specifically.

Telnights, I would be interested to know if I got any of this right. I would love to learn I am an internet psychic and quit my day job