Dana White ‘Embarrassed’ by UFC 149 Main Card, Praises Undercard Fighters

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White ‘Embarrassed’ by UFC 149 Main Card, Praises Undercard Fighters
prophecy033
7/22/12 2:42:06PM
Saturday night served as a bit of déjà vu for UFC president Dana White, and that was not a good thing.

The main card for UFC 149 ended with four out of the five fights going to decision, with most of them being fairly lackluster affairs drawing boos from the Calgary crowd in attendance.

White remembers an eerily similar night from more than a decade ago when the UFC was hoping to re-launch to the masses with one of the biggest cards ever that quickly turned into one of the biggest disasters ever.

UFC 33 was touted to be one of the biggest cards ever for the promotion, but after injuries scrapped their main event, and every fight on the main card went to decision, forcing the show to go over the pay-per-view time limit, it was anything but a success.

Link
prophecy033
7/22/12 2:45:26PM
We all knew Dana was gonna be pissed after that Lombard vs Boetsch fight. Lombard was supposed to come in there and make Boetsch look like a kid, outstriking him to a tko victory. Instead, Boetsch worked his plan and got the win. Im glad Boetsch won, although i didn't pick him, but i wanted to see some fireworks. Set Lombard up with Munoz and lets move on.
infestructure
7/22/12 4:49:39PM
Haha I was at the bar all day. Prelim card was awesome! Then all the casuals turned up for a shitty main card Prelims Rule!
bjj1605
7/22/12 9:59:55PM

Posted by infestructure

Haha I was at the bar all day. Prelim card was awesome! Then all the casuals turned up for a shitty main card Prelims Rule!

I have a few friends who like to just show up for the main event.

Then they complain if the fight sucks or if he it ends quickly.

The best thing about UFC over boxing is you always get your money's worth of fights. Prelims are where it's at.
tcunningham
7/22/12 11:45:29PM
i hope all the bonuses go to the undercard fighters
scoozna
7/23/12 10:11:00AM
I was literally dozing off during the Boetsch/Lombard fight. Head bobbing and all. Of course, i was having the worst night of picks ever, but by the time that fight came on.....zzzzzzzz.
Darnok
7/24/12 12:20:24PM

Posted by infestructure

Same thing happened at the fight. The only people booing were the ones that just showed up for the last few fights. We were there for the whole thing and it was awesome.