Dana White ducking Josh Barnett....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dana White ducking Josh Barnett....
NatedawgThaM
8/30/07 6:26:45PM
Barnett challenges Zuffa/UFC

Josh Barnett I'm pretty sure you guys have heard the past few days has been ripping the UFC main event and ripping on the UFC 74 post conference when Dana said "Nobody in the world can beat this man."

IN a 3 rounder it's possible Randy could beat fedor if he just controlled him from the clinch and just controlled him. Boring? POssible if Randy doesent risk much by not trying to take him down.

Barnett has a victory over Randy and says he still is the UFC champ in his mind because nobody beat him for it. Not AA, Ricco R., and sure ass heck not Tim Sylvia...

He chalenges Randy to a rematch and says UFC isn't doing much to try and sign highly ranked fighters like him and Fedor...

He rips on 74 saying in another interview I saw on Sprawl-n-brawl.com that he said his win saturday wasn't impressive at all because he beat a man with less then 10 wins...

I personally think the UFC should dump constant match losers like Heath Herring who blows huge oppurtunities, and Hardnock and sign Fedor and Barnett and maybe Mark Hunt...

CC/Hunt 2 would be great
Barnett/Randy
Barnett/Fedor
Fedor/Randy

are all my fantasy HW matches I have to see before I die!!!

Dana replied "Who gives a shit about Josh Barnett, definitly not me.."

I perosnally feel he's in it to try and get ratings by making Randy beat "unstoppable fighters" to get more ratings which is smart because who doesent want to see a 44 year dominate a mid 20 year old monster? But I think he has to sign Fedor atleast because if not Fedor's legacy won't be great because MMA fans in the U.S would say Fedor who?

MMA playground thoughts?...
juanez13
8/30/07 6:40:32PM
i think josh barnnet would be a great addition to the ufc, and would establish himslef as one of the top fighters ( not champ, as long as mirko is in the ufc)..

Posted by NatedawgThaM
CC/Hunt 2 would be great
Barnett/Randy
Barnett/Fedor
Fedor/Randy

are all my fantasy HW matches I have to see before I die!!!
MMA playground thoughts?...

about your dream fights, i think you meant Cro cop vs Hunt 3 (they fought once in k-1 by mirko being the victor, once in pride by mark hunt taking the decision)...but yes i would love too see this fight, mirko was injured in the 2nd fight, and i would love too see them go toe to toe.....

and Randy and Barnett already fought too, barnett taking it by TKO, but than he was suspended for using roids, and he left and went to pride...i would defenately like too see this fight....
Twenty20Dollars
8/30/07 7:03:31PM
i'd sign barnett.
NatedawgThaM
8/30/07 7:10:20PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i'd sign barnett.

most def....

He's probably remembered by Hardcore UFC fans and would be a tougher match up in my opinion for Randy then GG, maybe even more then Fedor too because Randy would clinch and try and get the UD over Fedor, but with Barnett I'm pretty sure they both would want to go to war and impose there will and press the action!
cmill21
8/30/07 7:13:55PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i'd sign barnett.

most def....

He's probably remembered by Hardcore UFC fans and would be a tougher match up in my opinion for Randy then GG, maybe even more then Fedor too because Randy would clinch and try and get the UD over Fedor, but with Barnett I'm pretty sure they both would want to go to war and impose there will and press the action!

Well gg proved to be no competition, despite having half the world on his bandwagon, so yeah I agree Josh would put up a better fight.
StorminYourman
8/30/07 8:23:43PM
It seems to me Barnett did not want to go back to the UFC since he could not do his roids.Now that there is no PRIDE he wants to get in on the big shows agian.
Yes he is an incredible fighter(though I think his gas tank could be better) however his attitude leaves much to be desired.
ncordless
8/30/07 9:06:26PM
Unfortunately, It looks like Barnett is one of the guys on Dana's personal blacklist. Don't expect Lindlund, Barnett, Babalu, Frank Shamrock, and anyone else that Dana feels has slighted him or the UFC to return anytime soon.

Dana is known to hold a grudge, and to display extreme predjudice to those whom he dislikes.