Dana White Details The UFC’s Stance On Social Media

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White Details The UFC’s Stance On Social Media
lohmann
8/16/12 7:41:32PM
There is something vastly different from the way the UFC runs its social media campaigns compared to that of the NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB. You wouldn’t see Kobe Bryant, Sidney Crosby or Derek Jeter spend hours answering fan questions on Twitter the way you would see almost any UFC fighter do. The organization is run in a vastly different way, and UFC president Dana White wouldn’t have it any other way.

full article
hymiekooken
8/16/12 8:52:12PM
Great article bro. This is just one of the rerasons mma is my fav. sport by a longshot. You dont get guys thinking and acting like they are too good to talk to and interact with fight fans, they are just so much more approachable. If the chance ever came, I would eagerly walk up to Vitor, Nate Diaz, Mike Swick ( a few of my favs.) and ask for a pic with them knowing I wouldnt have to worry about them acting like an ass about it. isn't it ironic that the guys who fight for a living, who try to knock mofo's heads off or choke them out are more like regular guys than sports starts in team sports.
FastKnockout
8/16/12 9:22:46PM

Posted by hymiekooken

Great article bro. This is just one of the rerasons mma is my fav. sport by a longshot. You dont get guys thinking and acting like they are too good to talk to and interact with fight fans, they are just so much more approachable. If the chance ever came, I would eagerly walk up to Vitor, Nate Diaz, Mike Swick ( a few of my favs.) and ask for a pic with them knowing I wouldnt have to worry about them acting like an ass about it. isn't it ironic that the guys who fight for a living, who try to knock mofo's heads off or choke them out are more like regular guys than sports starts in team sports.

Swick is a really cool guy. Talked to him on FB a few times.
Gogoplatapus
8/16/12 9:37:49PM
The thing about athletes in other sports is that they are constantly promoted and have a much larger forum to be seen. Fighters have limited visibility and have to find creative ways to connect with people.
hymiekooken
8/16/12 9:38:07PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by hymiekooken

Swick is a really cool guy. Talked to him on FB a few times.

Man, I would love to meet him. I cant find it anymore, but say a video of him golfing, he hit his ball into the trees right under a bigass bees next, most people would have taken a drop, but Swick runs up to his ball, swats at the bees, hits his ball and gets stung like 4 times and hauls ass away, funny as hell if you can find it.
tcunningham
8/16/12 9:41:05PM

Posted by hymiekooken

agreed. these other pro athletes from the NBA,NFL, MLB are a disgrace. same with the mayweathers of the world.
MALICE
8/16/12 10:05:13PM
MMA athletes are still true athletes. Most other sports' stars of today need to be classified in the new class "Celebrity Athletes." These "Celebrity Athletes" have come to focus more on money and fame. They often forget the fans and the enjoyment they once had participating in their sport.