Dana White defends UFC's ION Television deal, says future plans uncertain

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White defends UFC's ION Television deal, says future plans uncertain
pmoney
12/29/10 9:29:04PM
LAS VEGAS – While the UFC's recent announcement that preliminary bouts from this weekend's UFC 125 event would be broadcast on ION Television left many MMA fans scratching their head, UFC president Dana White said those same fans should be busy celebrating the deal.

"Every fan that wanted to see the prelims should be doing Diego Sanchez 'Yes Cartwheels' down the street right now," White said. "We got it on free TV."

Instead, White said he has received some questions and complaints regarding the upcoming broadcast. However, the UFC boss believes the situation is a win-win for all involved.

Article
Sam_Rothstein
12/29/10 10:46:26PM
I had to google ION's website and find out if I even have that channell. Fortunately since I buy every channel from comcast's expensive ass service I do get it.

Heres the link for everyone to check if they do have it in their area

Link Right Here

It will be in the upper right hand part of the screen

It might show up as another name as well on your cable/sat provider because I have two versions of the channel (1 HD and 1 Standard) and the standard one shows up as KPAX
RearNakedJoke
12/30/10 1:50:44AM
yes the channel was formerly known as PAX. some providers may not have changed the name on their guide. pretty sure nearly all satellite and cable providers carry it.

it is a strange choice at first glance but I'm happy its going to be aired no matter what station its on!
Wolf
12/30/10 2:13:45AM
I would hope that all cable and satellite carry it. It's a free network. I don't have either, and I get it over good ol' free airwaves.
Kutter555
12/30/10 2:17:40AM
Wow, now I get to watch it in SD, no more HD, awesome job Dana!

Dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emfleek
12/30/10 10:00:58AM

Posted by Wolf

I would hope that all cable and satellite carry it. It's a free network. I don't have either, and I get it over good ol' free airwaves.

It's a free network but the packages that it's offered in aren't always free.
grappler0000
12/30/10 12:14:20PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wolf

It's a free network but the packages that it's offered in aren't always free.

You can always get it with an antenna, if your cable/satellite carrier is a prude.
emfleek
12/30/10 1:11:34PM

Posted by grappler0000

You can always get it with an antenna, if your cable/satellite carrier is a prude.

I wasn't aware that you could get anything with an antenna anymore since everything went digital?
grappler0000
12/30/10 1:24:35PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

I wasn't aware that you could get anything with an antenna anymore since everything went digital?

No, they just shut down the analog signal...everything over the air is digital now. If you have an analog TV (no digital tuner), you'll need additional equipment. But if not, you should be set. If you live in a small town, you might not get reception, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. It's also an option for some free HD programming.
emfleek
12/30/10 1:51:19PM

Posted by grappler0000

If you live in a small town, you might not get reception, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. It's also an option for some free HD programming.

Well, that excludes me then. I live in Bumblef*ck, Indiana.
grappler0000
12/30/10 1:54:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

If you live in a small town, you might not get reception, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. It's also an option for some free HD programming.

Well, that excludes me then. I live in Bumblef*ck, Indiana.

Not sure what the range is, but as long as your semi-close to a large city, I believe you should get it. I'm just not sure how rural you're talkin.
emfleek
12/30/10 1:57:23PM

Posted by grappler0000

Not sure what the range is, but as long as your semi-close to a large city, I believe you should get it. I'm just not sure how rural you're talkin.

About 30 miles south of Fort Wayne. I guess FW can be considered a "large" city.
grappler0000
12/30/10 2:17:51PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by grappler0000

About 30 miles south of Fort Wayne. I guess FW can be considered a "large" city.

Fort Wayne carries several stations. Take a look at the link below. There's a lame video at the top of the page, but more useful information below. You can even figure out what type of antenna is needed based on distance away from the tower, etc.

Linkage