Dana White On The Dan Patrick Show

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White On The Dan Patrick Show
zephead
2/29/08 1:45:52PM
Dan asked him what's the number 1 thing a fighter needs, Dana said "Mental toughness." Dana said you have to be born with it that you can't be taught it.

Dan then asked him about the perfect fighter. Dana replied, "Pedro Rizzo's leg kicks. Chucks punching power. GSPs all round skill. Roger Heurtas heart and determination and Hughes wrestling."

Dan asked him about boxers stepping into the cage. Dana said the fight wouldn't go a minute. Said Ali in his prime couldn't touch any MMA a fighter.

Dana asked him about the boxing match with Tito. Dana said he wanted to do that. Dan asked him about a MMA match. Dana said noway would he fight Tito in a MMA match. Dan asked him about Jenna and Dana said he would like to get her in the cage. He said Jenna and Tito are 2 people he doesn't like.

He said his usual that the UFC is just scratching the surface. The biggest rising demographic right now is girls. He said Fox Sports (His little slip up that Fox and the UFC are working out a deal?) did a study and that more and more women are taking "Girls Only trips" to Vegas to watch the fights. MMA is taking off everywhere with schools/gyms opening up all over.

Said the fights this weekend will be great. Great matchups. The Pride and UFC belts are on the line. That Silva was the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

Wasn't a long interveiw, but it was a different Dana talking. Quite. Humble. Joking with Dan. But then again, Dan is a very easy interveiwer.
cmill21
2/29/08 5:45:48PM
Pedro Rizzo's leg kicks? I could think of a few legs i'd rather have then Rizzo's lol. Muhammed in 4oz gloves would put any mma fight he did touch asleep so...
zephead
2/29/08 9:49:34PM
Back in the day, Rizzo chopped down many a fighter. As for Ali and the 4oz. gloves, do you really think he would get a chance to fire off punches before he found himself staring up at the jumbotron?
ohiostate1016
2/29/08 11:59:53PM
Roger Huerta's heart? What about Ross Pointon's grit and determination? Or Manny Gamburyan's heart.
nickcuc547
3/1/08 3:54:58PM

Posted by cmill21

Pedro Rizzo's leg kicks? I could think of a few legs i'd rather have then Rizzo's lol. Muhammed in 4oz gloves would put any mma fight he did touch asleep so...

ya i agree, i think mach sakurai's are better, but he only has one ufc fight so i can see why he said rizzo. my perfect fighter would be cro cop's legs, the spiders knees and elbows, chucks punching power, koscheck's wrestling, gsp's athleticism and bj's jiu jitsu.
jocksmall
3/1/08 4:11:17PM
would have liked to see the quiet humble dana that would have been a pleasant change.
jocksmall
3/1/08 4:12:14PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Roger Huerta's heart? What about Ross Pointon's grit and determination? Or Manny Gamburyan's heart.

part of the build up process
emfleek
3/10/08 9:46:34AM
You guys are questioning things that Dana had to say on the fly. It's not like he was given a homework assignment and allowed to go home and think these things over. Dan asked a question...Dana had like 2 seconds to respond.

You people crack me up sometimes. But I still love you.
Focker101
4/7/08 7:40:39AM

Posted by emfleek

You guys are questioning things that Dana had to say on the fly. It's not like he was given a homework assignment and allowed to go home and think these things over. Dan asked a question...Dana had like 2 seconds to respond.

You people crack me up sometimes. But I still love you.

AGREED