Dana White: “Dan Henderson is Definitely Next in Line for the Title Shot”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: “Dan Henderson is Definitely Next in Line for the Title Shot”
cloud301336
8/1/09 7:40:53PM
WAR HENDO!!!!!!

Linkmin
BigIP
8/1/09 8:04:40PM
He deserves it. Definitely did not want to see Franklin vs Hendo 2. Lunatic Fringe, I know you're out there!
sclasclemski
8/1/09 8:28:58PM
I like it alot...Dan pushed Anderson at least...even if he did get handled in the second round...between Hendo and Forrest in his next two fights the Spider should have ample opportunity to build his credibility back up with teh casual fans that have lost faith in him
lohmann
8/1/09 8:34:00PM
I wonder if Dana White would be guaranteeing this if Dan Henderson had decisioned Michael Bisping, showing up as Decision Dan instead of Right Hand Dan. I think all the new fans he made and older ones he reinvigorated with that highlight reel, potential knockout of the year, TUF finale, UFC 100 knockout probably helped Dana White figure out who is the next to face Anderson Silva. It will probably be more marketable and sellable than the first one since Henderson has had more exposure stateside with his last two fights.

Good fight. If Henderson wins, it may create a rivalry that I have been hoping for for Anderson Silva.
xdanish020
8/1/09 8:39:08PM
Good for Hendo, he deserves it...he fights quality opponents every time.

I think he'll have a better gameplan coming into his second fight with Anderson. Hopefully it's setup before 2009 ends.
prozacnation1978
8/1/09 10:52:52PM
he derserves it more than franklin did when he fought silva a second time
mshalosky
8/1/09 11:15:19PM
Hendo is andersons worst stylistic matchup. i went back and watched the first fight between these two and i was surprised at how well hendo was doing on his feet. He hit anderson with some real hard shots on the feet and finished it off with a takedown and some gnp. Im still puzzled why he looked so drained when he went out in the 2nd when he went 5 hard rds against rampage i guess maybe the weight cut. Anyway i think hendo has a real chance i may pick him to win depending on how the cut seems to have affected him.
war hendo
EpicTerran
8/1/09 11:33:54PM
I would be so full of joy if Henderson wins the MW title via KO. Making him the first guy to beat Anderson in the UFC, and the first to KO Silva. I might just go crazy in my living room if it happens.
jascri
8/2/09 2:14:19AM
Hendo! Hendo! Hendo! Hendo! Yea f*ckin Hendo!!!!!
seanfu
8/2/09 4:04:22AM
If Damian Maia wins in spectacular fashion and doesn't get the title I'll be pissed. Hendo had his shot, and should get another definantly, but not before an undefeated fighter with 6-0 record coming off a spectacular win.

Assuming of coarse he wins and does so spectacularly, or even convincingly.
Maybe, as much as I preach against it, I'm a rank whore myself, but in this case it'll just be logic.

Hedo is a hero to us all but come on.
Aether
8/2/09 5:45:43AM
Hendo has faced better competition and is 3-0 since losing his belt. Maia can wait one more fight.
UFCmma666
8/2/09 1:51:47PM
i want almost nothing more then to have hendo be a champ once again
MisterFreeze
8/2/09 2:06:20PM
Well I certainly hope Hendo beat Silva. I like Silva alot, but I believe he has become too arrogant and i'm sick of hearing him talking about retiring.
Anderson Silva NEEDS someone to beat him. I believe that will keep him from retiring.
Also as for Demein Maia, I think he is going to lose a decision to Marquardt, so I don't even expect him to get to Silva.
GrandMaster313
8/2/09 2:46:17PM
After the destruction of Bisping it is easy to say Hendo deserves a title shot. And if by chance Hendo can not make weight or is injured then Damian Maia should be next in line.
bigox420
8/2/09 4:08:56PM
WAR HENDO
State_Champ
8/2/09 5:20:47PM
IMO Anderson will beat Henderson again....
I thought Dan stood a chance in the first fight but once Anderson decided to end it he was able to beat Dan easily.
I just feel like the only reason his fight with Dan lasted as long as it did the first time is because Anderson let it go that long. I always feel like Anderson can end a match whenever he wants to.... and I feel like he'll beat Dan a second time.
With that out of the way WAR HENDO!
I'll still cheer for Hendo but I probably won't bet on him.
cmill21
8/2/09 5:37:30PM

Posted by State_Champ

IMO Anderson will beat Henderson again....
I thought Dan stood a chance in the first fight but once Anderson decided to end it he was able to beat Dan easily.
I just feel like the only reason his fight with Dan lasted as long as it did the first time is because Anderson let it go that long. I always feel like Anderson can end a match whenever he wants to.... and I feel like he'll beat Dan a second time.
With that out of the way WAR HENDO!
I'll still cheer for Hendo but I probably won't bet on him.

No, the reason that fight went that way was because hendo decided to just stand and trade and not work him on the ground.
Aaronno9
8/2/09 6:06:01PM
Ive got a feeling Andersons going to score the TKO this time. I think hes going to look to finish Dan as soon as possible, as to avoid being taken down and smothered on the ground and loosing a decision or getting pounded out. He came very close to finishing Dan standing last time so Andersons power/Hendos chin arent that much of as issue when it comes to picking this time around.
Boo_Radley21
8/3/09 12:48:37AM
I used to think that Henderson would tool Silva in a rematch, but I haven't been so sure lately. He does have the best chance at middleweight IMO, but if he wins it won't be as special because Griffin will already have handed Anderson his first loss. And on a side note, when is Okami gonna get a shot? Give him a big fight and if he wins it I say he's next.
supatolacyl
8/3/09 4:08:33PM
I too think Maia should get the next title fight when he taps out Marquardt. I think Hendo has a good as chance as anyone to beat Silva; However, I don't believe a ko win over Bisping is what launched him into the title shot. Seriously who has he beaten that was even in contention in the MW class?? His win over Franklin should have launched him into the title fight, it was more important in rank then his fight over Bisping. I mean I'm absolutely exstatic that the ufc set the hendo/bisping fight so we all can enjoy that highlight reel ko for years to come I just wish the UFC will give all deserving opponents shots and not just the most marketable. I have already given up on Okami getting his shot, I just hope the same wont happen to Maia.

Still WAR HENDO!!! I think Silva is more consentrated on trying to get a boxing match wit Roy Jones Jr. then being in the cage anymore. I hear he is already signed the bout agreement, with Jones, but don't he still ave several fights left on his contract?
CwB
8/3/09 4:58:15PM

Posted by jascri

Hendo! Hendo! Hendo! Hendo! Yea f*ckin Hendo!!!!!

sounds like your doing the dirty with hendo right now....