Dana White Confirms Many Undercard Fighters Compensated After UFC 151 Was Cancelled

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Confirms Many Undercard Fighters Compensated After UFC 151 Was Cancelled
thevoodooninja
9/5/12 7:37:27PM
LINK

One of the hardest parts about UFC 151 being cancelled were the undercard fighters who not only lost the chance to fight on a huge card, but they also lost a payday.

While many fighters in the UFC are pulling in the kind of dollars that prevent them from having to worry as much about competing 3 or 4 times a year just to stay afloat, that’s not the case for many of the undercard fighters being paid much less as they start out in their UFC careers.

So when UFC 151 became the ‘lost show’, the fighters on the undercard were then shifted and shuffled to all of the other upcoming cards later this year.
bjj1605
9/5/12 9:00:06PM
Glad to hear that Dana white did this.

I would like to point out thought that he waited to mention this until after JJ had already bean publicly vilified for having screwed over the under-card fighters financially.
prozacnation1978
9/5/12 11:26:14PM
Where the fans compensated for the cancellation
Nope !!!!
prophecy033
9/6/12 3:19:12AM

Posted by bjj1605

I would like to point out thought that he waited to mention this until after JJ had already bean publicly vilified for having screwed over the under-card fighters financially.

He should have just said they were when all this went down. Would have saved us all the trouble.
State_Champ
9/6/12 7:26:14AM
So why did the undercard fighters go on twitter and bash Jones for costing them money, Dana?
george112
9/6/12 7:45:42AM
Imo it seems all the JJ hate as far as undercard fighters not getting paid was messed up.

Apologies maybe from some fighters??

I think A LOT of guys were just frustrated
Gogoplatapus
9/6/12 9:39:34AM
They should all thank Bones for the free lunch.

Oh wait, I mean thank old man Hendo and his bum knee for the free lunch.
kopower
9/6/12 12:28:23PM

Posted by bjj1605

I honestly would expect Dana to pay the undercard fighters for cancelling the event.
BossHog
9/6/12 12:38:59PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by bjj1605

I honestly would expect Dana to pay the undercard fighters for cancelling the event.

I called this. Dana is vilified a lot, but I knew Dana and the Fertittas would take this road because its the right thing to do and good business at the end of the day.
bjj1605
9/6/12 11:11:42PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by bjj1605

He should have just said they were when all this went down. Would have saved us all the trouble.

I agree. I think it was a political move.

Dana wanted Jones to feel the hate before he made this common knowledge.