Dana White comments on the release of Efrain Escudero and Todd Duffee...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White comments on the release of Efrain Escudero and Todd Duffee...
emfleek
9/24/10 8:23:40AM
SmileR
9/24/10 10:13:06AM
Dana isn't the only guy to say Duffee is a bit of a ass-hole and tough to deal with you can't really blame him for letting Escudero go when he lost his first two and missed weight on one of them!
Jackelope
9/24/10 10:15:56AM
I can see what Dana is talking about with Efrain. He does kind of convey that attitude. Not sure that's how he really feels, but I definitely got that sense about Efrain too. And like I said before- missing weight is a big deal. Glad to see Dana taking a stand on that.

As for Duffee - I don't necessarily agree but I've never met Duffee. So I can't comment on his attitude or anything. I just think it's funny how Dana says they have the best guys but then he releases a prospect like Duffee. Tough to make that claim when you're letting guys go for reasons other than their performances
postman
9/24/10 10:30:48AM

Posted by Jackelope

I can see what Dana is talking about with Efrain. He does kind of convey that attitude. Not sure that's how he really feels, but I definitely got that sense about Efrain too. And like I said before- missing weight is a big deal. Glad to see Dana taking a stand on that.

As for Duffee - I don't necessarily agree but I've never met Duffee. So I can't comment on his attitude or anything. I just think it's funny how Dana says they have the best guys but then he releases a prospect like Duffee. Tough to make that claim when you're letting guys go for reasons other than their performances

Truw on Duffe but its never a bad thing to let a bad seed lose early and let them see how much worse it can be then bring them back hopefully with a new understanding. It all comes down to don't bite the hand that feeds.
grappler0000
9/24/10 10:34:09AM

Posted by Jackelope

He was saying things on twitter that didn't exactly reflect well on the UFC. It's never a good idea to poke the bear, but to do it after only 1 and 2 fights isn't exactly the best career move.
emfleek
9/24/10 10:44:06AM

Posted by grappler0000

He was saying things on twitter that didn't exactly reflect well on the UFC. It's never a good idea to poke the bear, but to do it after only 1 and 2 fights isn't exactly the best career move.

Agreed. I think Duffee needed to munch on a 2nd helping of humble pie. Hopefully this turns out to be the best thing that ever happened to him.
jae_1833
9/24/10 11:10:19AM
Duffee blew it IMO....his posts on twitter and facebook....ridiculous! Reminded me of an NBA or NFL Rookie who makes all sorts of messed up comments right after being drafted....then gets destroyed in his first game....it's karma. I kind of hope that Efrain drops down to 45 for his next bout....boy looks soft even at LW...
Jackelope
9/24/10 12:16:07PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Jackelope

Do you know what was said? I never saw the comments.

I totally understand how the UFC wouldn't appreciate negative comments, but I still think it's a joke if you're going to claim to have the best and then let one of the best prospects in a long time go because of personal differences. I mean- why couldn't Dana send the message by disciplining him in some other manner?

EDIT: Just FYI, this is coming from the perspective of someone who is laying a preemptive attack on what is certain to happen in the future- Duffee wins fights outside the UFC, and Dana bashes on the quality of competition.
Twenty20Dollars
9/24/10 12:58:58PM
I guess if you miss weight you need to at least come in an win the fight.
jae_1833
9/24/10 10:53:15PM
Duffee made some comments about having to work fast food because of the pay in the UFC, supposedly was intimidating to UFC employees behind the scenes at an event as well.....there is something else I missed but I can't remember it now.