Dana White Clarifies The Jon Fitch Situation.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Clarifies The Jon Fitch Situation.
nickcuc547
11/20/08 8:39:38PM
Dana White clarified the problems with, and his position concerning UFC fighter Jon Fitch. Here’s the quote, via USA Today:

http://www.themmanews.com/?p=2215
postman
11/20/08 8:58:24PM
Not much there other then AKA is hard to deal with. Strike force loves AKA
nickcuc547
11/20/08 9:01:31PM

Posted by postman

Not much there other then AKA is hard to deal with. Strike force loves AKA

ya i know, but it is the first thing dana has said at length since this entire situation. Personally I think he needs a couple more examples of their ridiculous antics to get public opinion on his side whether he is telling the truth or not.
bojangalz
11/20/08 9:18:32PM
He also said that other camps have not exactly gone along with the contract. Maybe it'll be a matter of time before he throws someone else under the bus...Then again maybe Lorenzo will step in and fix most of this before it gets out of hand. Either way I knew there wasn't too much to get bent out of shape about. This sort of stuff blows up like a rocket, and usually winds up being nothing more then a lot of smoke.
jgtribbett
11/20/08 11:12:18PM
let us hope, i like seeing jon fitch in ufc. i mean.. honestly.. i would like to see fitch in a camp with a bunch of non-wreslters.. i'm a wreslter, (was anyway) and if i fought i think i'd wanna go to a camp where there wasnt another big wrestler.. where there wasnt a kos, ya know.... i like the fact that team quest has diversified.. i think they have the right i dea.. i jus thope that jon fitch (and kos) see this as an opurtunity to get more outta there training, cause i'm sure those two or constant training partners. its good and everything, but i'd like to see fitch go to quest and kos go to jackson or something ya know. sorry way off topic with my rant

i guess i'm saying that they should do what is necessary to be in the ufc and go to another camp and that it may infact benefit them to do so
jocksmall
11/20/08 11:25:59PM
dana seems like a fight nazi, he has to control everything. he has guys by the balls because they want to fight in the big show, they want to fight in the ufc. it seems like everytime another org fails dana gets tough on his guys . ufc doesnt own guys for life. they should make $ if there name and image are used in a video game. he tells them what t-shirt they can wear and wont allow them to compete anywhere else regardless of there activity level in the ufc. ufc fires guys without honoring a signed contract but guys cant leave without upholding their end of the deal. it seems like the place to be but dana screws alot of these guys and if someone complains of says something bad or tries to negotiate then they arent a partner. its a tough business no doubt. its pretty sad when some of the guys on ppv card are getting only a few grand for a fight. i know other orgs pay the same or less but id hate to make it to "the top" and earn only enough to pay bills for 2-3 weeks. we need competition boys!
MMAcca
11/21/08 1:01:10AM
Already posted in the main Fitch thread
jakeiceman
11/21/08 9:00:33AM

Posted by MMAcca

Already posted in the main Fitch thread

Forgive him MMAcca, alot of people dont have time to dig through all the forums
Sir_Karl
11/21/08 9:23:25AM

dana seems like a fight nazi, he has to control everything

In business it is a GOOD IDEA to have control.
If you aren't running the ship....the savages are.
I don't know the exact situation with what went on with AKA but thumbs up Dana!
Dana is just voicing his opinion and running his company.
Two things he should be doing.
I don't blame Dana for most of what he has been criticized for.
We live in a nosy body, attacking, "I know whats best for you" world.
Dana is just conducting business and he wants to keep business good and he wants to do it his way......that is as American as it gets.
Why does it seem Dana White can do no right?
He gets crucified for everything.....but yet UFC is still number one.
The same people who spend $45 on a UFC PPV are the same ones criticizing.
Go figure.
I don't appreciate the term Nazi being applied to anything other than a Nazi.
My mother experienced the horror of WWII first hand.....she was lucky to survive and I am lucky to be here.

emfleek
11/21/08 9:27:55AM

Posted by jakeiceman

USE ME LIKE A TWO DOLLAR HOOKER

You're welcome.
MMAcca
11/22/08 10:06:05AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jakeiceman

USE ME LIKE A TWO DOLLAR HOOKER

You're welcome.

bls1919
11/22/08 10:57:42PM
Back to Fitch, is the UFC really going to cast him asaide becasue he trains at AKA? If so ......I am so mad right now i can't even speak/type. just because a camp wants to bicker over little shite in a contract at contract time, is no reason for this action. That is what negotiations are for. if you didn't want to deal with that kind of duties DANA you should be preisdent. Or should appoint somone else to deal with it. He acts as iff they are hemoraging money in the UFC. Even with their huge debt to start the UFC might be the one of the most fluerishing companys in the country.