Dana White on Chuck Liddell: "If he still wants to fight, he can fight"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White on Chuck Liddell: "If he still wants to fight, he can fight"
MMAcca
5/22/09 4:33:47PM
"Am I his father? Can I tell him not to fight? Absolutely not. If he still wants to fight, he can fight. I'm not saying, 'It will never happen. It will never happen.' But he made a deal with me. He's never not listened to me. We'll see what happens."

LINK
941_Florida_Boy
5/22/09 5:26:21PM
Wonder how Dana will react to "not being listened to" in the future if Chuck does fight again?

Chuck and Wandy still need a rematch. IMO
Twenty20Dollars
5/22/09 5:46:33PM
First dana says he is done, then dana says he can fight.

I dont see any fight chuck should take to go out on, Wandy is trying to make the move to WW.

Jardine trying to get back into contention.

Or any fight at HW either.
Kpro
5/22/09 5:50:21PM
take a break for 12-18 months and then accept a #1 contender fight.

It definitely wouldn't be deserved, but neither was Couture getting a title shot at HW. Hall-of-Famer's get those perks.
Wolfenstein
5/22/09 6:01:42PM
Dana's pretty slick. I think he's using a little reverse psychology on MMA fans. He says X fighter should retire, and people will automatically disagree with him. Now he's created an uproar and fans want Chuck back--and yet again Dana laughs all the way to the bank Well done!
wrona666
5/22/09 6:18:36PM
I called this one from the begining........Dana is not going to retire Chuck only Chuck can make that call.....If he still wants to fight it will be in the UFC there is no way that Dana will let his most populare fighter go to another organization...

by the way wolfenstein that goodfellas avatar is the ****
prozacnation1978
5/23/09 12:32:12AM
i say let lidell fight
i know dana will never let lidell leave the ufc
mrsmiley
5/23/09 10:27:16AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Dana's pretty slick. I think he's using a little reverse psychology on MMA fans. He says X fighter should retire, and people will automatically disagree with him. Now he's created an uproar and fans want Chuck back--and yet again Dana laughs all the way to the bank Well done!

Good thinking.
I see it either being one of two ways.
Either your right,and Dana somewhat orchestrated the whole retirement issue,or he's only saying this now because he knows something that we don't.
And that's Chuck has decided to retire and in knowing that he's saying Chuck can fight again.
Either way,I can't wait to see how this plays out.
mrsmiley
5/23/09 10:28:04AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Wolfenstein

Good thinking. (gotta spread the love)
I see it either being one of two ways.
Either your right,and Dana somewhat orchestrated the whole retirement issue,or he's only saying this now because he knows something that we don't.
And that's Chuck has decided to retire and in knowing that he's saying Chuck can fight again.
Either way,I can't wait to see how this plays out.

sclasclemski
5/24/09 2:36:28AM
I f chuck fights again it should be against a gimmer fight...his last 5 or 6 fights have all been against top ten opponents...give him a top twenty or thirty guy and lets see if he can go out on top.
gnl68
6/18/09 5:48:28PM
I can't speak for Dana,but my interpitation is that he wont be fighting for the UFC again.Sure he can fight again,but not for Dana.A few people have suggested putting him in a easy fight,to let him go out on top.There is no way he should go out that way either.Most fighters have a hard time outa the spotlight.I personally would like to see him retire,allthough a little late,and be an abassador for the sport.I still consider myself lucky to have seen him in Montreal!!
whardin19
6/18/09 5:54:10PM
I say let Liddell fight. When he comes back though. He needs some lower ranked fighters to fight. Houston Alexander, Eric Shafer, Tim Boetsch. People like that. Then move him back up.