Dana White: Canada Wil Be Biggest UFC Event Ever

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: Canada Wil Be Biggest UFC Event Ever
DCRage
2/1/08 12:30:30PM
That's the latest big boast from UFC President Dana White, who is claiming UFC 83 will be a sellout and set the Canada attendance record and the UFC all-time record, currently 19,049 (also the North American attendance record).

Article
shawneth
2/1/08 12:36:19PM
Leave it to us canadians to get the job done.
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 12:46:21PM
Haha ye. Now they just need to get it in Ontario. Then I will be happy.
Mayhem13
2/1/08 12:51:07PM
I could see it breaking the UFC attendance record...they have been waiting for an event for a while now....and with the GSP Matt SErra rematch....it has a chance
JBatch
2/1/08 1:19:30PM
It doesn't have a chance it is and absolute. Canadian fans like myself have waited a long time to get an event up here and it will be memorable.
TimW001
2/1/08 1:57:57PM
I thin it will if they advertise it right. First UFC event in Canada. In a huge city like Montreal. Features GSP. Has other huge names on it. And they defiantly shouldn't forget to advertise in Ontario.
Mayo
2/1/08 2:07:29PM
I can't wait... I'm driving up there from Chicago to attend the event... it will be my first live UFC event... and I think it WILL be the best ever!
ocho-cinco
2/1/08 2:42:05PM
Not suprising that they would set the record in Montreal. The Fan there, and across canada couldn't be more stokaed for this event. As long as GSP is fighting, they could sell out any stadium. I hope this opens the door for an event in Vancouver, I think they could do just as well there too.
tuvok500
2/1/08 2:59:52PM
The Bell Center will " RING " like a Bell !!

Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 3:47:07PM
My buddy was in a bar in Montreal for St. Pierre's last fight and said when he came out everyone in the place went insane. It's no wonder they're thinking this will set records.
jrmmaclassics
2/1/08 4:03:08PM
Once again Dana White is trying to become Don King, did he not say this about the last 45 UFC events in the past. Every time Dana talks about a UFC event it is the same comment over and over, I suspect they have a bunch of stock footage of him and use it every time a new UFC event happens.

Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Dana is a Robot!!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
emfleek
2/1/08 4:05:27PM
Biggest? Possibly.

Best? Impossible to predict.
RampageOwnedYou
2/2/08 1:56:39PM
Montreal would be nothing to the ACC or Rogers Centre, Toronto is home of the hardcore!!! Or GTA I should say!!
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/3/08 11:02:24AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Montreal would be nothing to the ACC or Rogers Centre, Toronto is home of the hardcore!!! Or GTA I should say!!

lol people from toronto always have something to say bout mtl don't they
BelaLugosi
2/3/08 1:56:03PM
im sorry but this card looks weak .. the fight night before it looks like a much better card imo
Vietnamese_Guy
2/3/08 2:26:44PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

lol people from toronto always have something to say bout mtl don't they

lol everyone has something to say when toronto is mentioned. Believe me, torontonians get shit for no reason whatsoever
Gipper
2/3/08 4:47:11PM
hopefully the next canadian show will be in calgary at the saddledome.
santos77
2/3/08 9:13:53PM
TimW001
2/3/08 9:14:55PM

Posted by Gipper

hopefully the next canadian show will be in calgary at the saddledome.

OH YES
DCRage
2/4/08 12:06:45PM
Someone on another board said that they announced during today's press conference that 13,000 tickets have already been purchased during the Fight Club pre-sale out of 22,000. Might be sold out before the public even gets a chance to buy tickets!
mmadb
2/5/08 10:08:27AM
If the L.A. Colliseum was in Canada it would sell out for this event. There is ZERO chance of this not selling out.

Hell, it could be a (insert shitty pop singer here) concert followed by GSP vs. Serra and it would sell out in Canada. It wouldn't even matter what city or what venue, Canadians have been jonesing for this for a long time. The other fights on the card are simply a bonus to the joy of being there for GSP's redemption. This is why you don't hear that many people going to the event complaining about the card. We (I plan on being there but I don't have tickets yet, anyone have a spare lol) just want to be a part of history baby!