Who will Dana White bring in next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who will Dana White bring in next?
Cobbs666
2/1/07 12:33:41AM
Who do people think Dana White will try to sign contracts with the ufc this year?
Would like to see wanderlei but that will probably never happen. Hendo would be a good addition.
Svartorm
2/1/07 2:15:51AM
I'm sure he'll try to grab any Pride fighters he can, just on principle. Other than that, I can't see any old school fighters making a meaningful comeback, and they have a monopoly on the new talent at the moment.
hippysmacker
2/1/07 2:25:47AM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm sure he'll try to grab any Pride fighters he can, just on principle. Other than that, I can't see any old school fighters making a meaningful comeback, and they have a monopoly on the new talent at the moment.

I agree, he just brought in Dennis Siver though. I think he's probably looking for some people tha are recognizable to the UK fans for that show, Manhoef would be huge, and I'm not sure if he has a current contract with cage rage or K-1. Cage rage does have ahistory of letting their fighter's fight in other orgs. Ian Freeman is back fighting again, and he does have a UFC history, so I think they should give him a call.
sfhdsa
2/1/07 2:29:17AM
I really hope the rumours about the Nogueira bros. are true. Either one of them, if not both, would be huge for the UFC.
gspfan31
2/1/07 2:35:55AM

Posted by sfhdsa

I really hope the rumours about the Nogueira bros. are true. Either one of them, if not both, would be huge for the UFC.

ya, i hope we get to see some of btt in the ufc this year
hippysmacker
2/1/07 2:38:23AM
Someone had a good point in a different thread about bringing fighter's in based on making contacts with a new camp. This makes sense to me, so I hope BTT and chutebox are next.
gspfan31
2/1/07 2:41:17AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Someone had a good point in a different thread about bringing fighter's in based on making contacts with a new camp. This makes sense to me, so I hope BTT and chutebox are next.

it would be good to see chute box in the ufc but thier style is better for pride
hippysmacker
2/1/07 2:46:31AM

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by hippysmacker

it would be good to see chute box in the ufc but thier style is better for pride

Yeah, they definately love the somps and soccer kicks, but Shogun showed against Randleman how great he is with or without them. As for Wandy, he generally only uses them when somebody is about to be finished anyway. I admit it takes away some of their weapons, but they would have the same rules as thier opponents. these are 2 of the top 10 pound for pound fighter's in the world IMO. They could do it.
Svartorm
2/1/07 3:08:42AM
Thats true, if they're trying to break into Europe, they'd do well to pick up a few guys from Golden Glory or Vos anyways. I've seen some Swedish fighters that are pretty respectable as well.
ac_gi
2/1/07 3:33:34AM
A quote from Dana...

“There’s only one way to find out [who the true champions are], and that’s to have them all fight. I’ve been trying to make that [UFC vs. PRIDE] happen for years. I sent Chuck Liddell over (to Pride FC) three times, trying to get them over here, and they won’t cooperate with us. So now, we’re just going to have to take all of their guys and find out for ourselves.”

Sounds like fighting words.
ultimateweapon
7/9/07 9:23:47PM
I hope the UFC signs Takanori Gomi that would shake up the lightweight division.
submission_boxer
7/10/07 12:58:29AM
I Would like to see Shogun vs the winner of Rampage and Henderson and Fedor vs the winner of Napao and the Natural. Bring Shogun and Fedor to UFC
veritas
7/10/07 4:50:58AM
It would be awesome to get Gomi, and Melendez for LW, and I hope they bring back Lawler, hes an exciting fighter. Paulo Filho would be tight to have over as well as Lindland. I know Josh Barnett is up for grabbs so he would be an awesome addition to the now deep HW division. Sokoudjou and Little Nog, and Wanderlei, and same with Wanderlei. And you cant leave out Fedor, the big man. MAnhoev would be excellent to get as his fights too are exciting.
Taylor8766
7/10/07 11:24:16AM
Wanderlei or shogun
mrmagic32
7/21/07 1:29:31AM
I want him to bring in Tank Abbott just so he can get his ass kicked for talking down about all of the fighters....
richieb19
7/21/07 1:52:47AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Svartorm

I agree, he just brought in Dennis Siver though. I think he's probably looking for some people tha are recognizable to the UK fans for that show, Manhoef would be huge, and I'm not sure if he has a current contract with cage rage or K-1. Cage rage does have ahistory of letting their fighter's fight in other orgs. Ian Freeman is back fighting again, and he does have a UFC history, so I think they should give him a call.

They won't even talk to Freeman since he's decided to coach an IFL team... Manhoef would wreck most of the MW div though...
Kisame
7/21/07 2:09:03AM
Fedor, Lindland, Gomi,Kid Yamamato and other people rate at the top but arent in the UFC basically.
juanez13
7/21/07 6:29:36PM

except for lindland, he was in the ufc a long time and and he ended in a bad note, i dont think dana wants him, anyways im pretty sure he singed with Bodog, and also fedor doesnt look like he is coming, i think he proly gon stay with bodog
CwB
7/21/07 11:49:20PM
except fedor and ufc have been talking for some time now and dana says he will be signed to ufc by early 08.

with sherk and franca both testing positive for steroids i think dana has to sign a top light wieght like takanori gomi or else BJ is pretty much left alone in the 155 division (i dont see anyone in UFC's current 155 division beating BJ)