Dana White Boston redneck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White Boston redneck
jocksmall
10/26/10 7:39:37PM
I use to hate Dana white back when pride was around. He use to tell the media that all the fighters outside the ufc were irrelevant and he conducted himself in an unprofessional way. Pride is no more and Dana seems to have grown up some but he should still learn to be a respectful and proffesional representative of the sport. His latest rant against frank shamrock is added to the long list of guys he talks tough to that could kick his ass. Hes a leader and a business man not a tough guy. He expects his fighters to conduct themselves in a respectful way yet he often curses in interviews and personally attacks poeple he disagrees with.
I dont want to hear the "hes done so much for mma " argument because the mainstream corporate world are more afraid of being associated with him than the fighters in the ring. You cant disagree that dana is still a redneck!
postman
10/26/10 10:17:05PM
Redneck? I thought they drank Old mill chew Levi and line dance. Being from Western Pa I know a little something about Rednecks. Personally I thought Boston was all Blue bloods.
jiujitsufreak74
10/27/10 4:28:18AM
^yeah boston street trash maybe but definitely not a redneck.
gartface
10/27/10 8:24:44AM
Absolutely not a redneck. Your profile says you're from Kentucky, you should know what a real redneck is. That being said, I think that's why I like Dana so much, is that he's an absolutely down to Earth, genuine person who doesn't carry himself like he's too high and mighty for things like other league presidents/commissioners.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...
AchillesHeel
10/27/10 8:38:50AM

Posted by postman

Personally I thought Boston was all Blue bloods.

No, we're all Irish cops or Irish gangsters (and some of us are both). Don't you watch movies?
gartface
10/27/10 8:53:05AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by postman

Personally I thought Boston was all Blue bloods.

No, we're all Irish cops or Irish gangsters (and some of us are both). Don't you watch movies?

Blue collars, not blue bloods.
Jackelope
10/27/10 12:01:52PM
I'm going to leave this thread up, but locked, as a warning to all playground members. It's pretty hard to get warned or banned for promoter bashing, but this is basically the template for how you do. There are plenty of ways these same points could be made without having to refer to Dana as a redneck.

2. Blatant performer bashing (fighters, referees, promoters , etc) will not be tolerated. Stating your opinion in a factual, non-profane manner is acceptable. Example: "I don't really like [fighter name]", "I don't agree with the call that [referee name] made", etc. Flaming/libel is not acceptable. Example: "[Fighter name] is an utter piece of crap", "F*** [fight promoter]! He/She is a walking turd!", etc. Try putting yourself in a fighters place, having worked and trained hard to get where you are, having put your body and health on the line for the entertainment of others, and then imagine reading a forum topic where people who don't even know you are calling you a piece of garbage. "Least favorite fighters", "most overrated", and "fighters you hate" are thread topics that promote fighter bashing.