Dana White believes UFC's first trip to Russia could happen in 2013

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White believes UFC's first trip to Russia could happen in 2013
grappler0000
1/28/13 10:44:35AM
The UFC's globetrotting ways are expected to continue in 2013, really to no one's surprise.

And the calendar year could feature the promotion heading to a new market that has produced one of the most highly regarded fighters in history.

UFC President Dana White believes the company will make its way to Russia sometime in 2013 for its first live event there...

Full Story
sparky
1/28/13 11:02:25AM
Deep down I still feel like Fedor should of been on the card for their Russian debut. I know it's not going to happen but, having a big event in russia with no Fedor just doesn't seem right.
jjeans
1/28/13 11:02:43AM
YES! Do it Dana! Doubt I'd be able to go though... But we'd see how my budget goes....
george112
1/28/13 11:23:33AM
In the back of my mind I feel like a Russian event is going to be one HUGE disaster.
prozacnation1978
1/28/13 2:15:55PM
Won't happen this year
tcunningham
1/28/13 3:26:00PM
i think it could be good for both. there are some sick fighters coming out of that part of the world and this could stem some great recruiting out of the area. plus, Russians fucking love fighting as far as i can tell.
BuffaloDave
1/28/13 8:34:39PM

Posted by sparky

Deep down I still feel like Fedor should of been on the card for their Russian debut. I know it's not going to happen but, having a big event in russia with no Fedor just doesn't seem right.

It would really be dumb not to have Fedor on the card, but who knows there was a report on Rabi's site that said, Fedor was close to fighting for the UFC over a year ago, but his father passed away, and things fell apart after that.