Dana White not such a bad guy...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana White not such a bad guy...
Salty
11/15/07 5:12:22PM
On my way home from work today I was listening to the radio and one station has been doing a week long donation drive for the greater boston food bank, where people call in donate $$ and get to pick whatever song they want basically and they will play it, well Tom Brady of the patriots called in this mourning and donated $5,000 and Dana stepped it up and donated $5,000 too, for every dollar donated the food bank can get $4 worth of food so thats some big contribution to a good cause.
rabbit915
11/15/07 5:14:59PM
I dont really think that Dana White is a bad person. I just think that he needs to learn to not just say whatever comes to his mind because he says a lot of dumb stuff.
Jackelope
11/15/07 5:36:08PM
lol I'm not going to sit here and say Dana is a bad guy, because I don't know him. So it's not my place to judge.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT.... if I had millions of dollars I don't think donating $5,000 would be such a big deal. Now if the guy was broke and donated that much, then that's saying something huge.

Literally to make the comparison that is like me dumping my change from the grocery store into santa's pot when he's ringing the bell outside.
Salty
11/15/07 6:20:20PM
the thing is he didn't even have to donate at all, he was just leaving the press confrence in NJ and called up the show and matched what Tom Brady put in this mourning its still alot of money going to help feed people for the holiday
tuvok500
11/15/07 6:23:58PM
I like Dana and i like Tom Brady so, your post make my day !! LOL

Jackelope
11/15/07 6:26:14PM

Posted by Salty

the thing is he didn't even have to donate at all, he was just leaving the press confrence in NJ and called up the show and matched what Tom Brady put in this mourning its still alot of money going to help feed people for the holiday

Oh I'm not saying it wasn't nice. I'm just saying that $5,000 to you or me compared to $5,000 to Dana White is a very different thing.

As far as "not having to" I don't recall the last time that Santa outside the grocery store held a gun to my head and made me put coins in the slot.
StriderXero
11/15/07 6:41:06PM
Yeah,
to me 5000 dollors is alot of money....maybe to all of us that's a lot of money. So I think it's a cool thing that Dana did that. Even though that's nothing compared to what he makes. But atleast he contributed some money, cuz there are alot of rich A**HOLES out there, that wouldn't give mony to their sick mother.
stickyhash421
11/15/07 9:16:57PM
i dont know, the guy comes off as shady, but a cool guy probably, i think he makes weird decisions and plays favorites but overall he could do worse for the u.f.c. and the w.e.c.

i dont like how hes treated(ing) fedor, randy or arlovski tho, that kinda b/s
Franklinfan47
11/16/07 10:59:10AM
Im probably the only non-hater of dana on this site. Atleast thats what it feels like lol. Charity work aside, I can never really get mad at him like some others for not making the "right" matches or not signing the "right" people. Because at the end of the day, he can't please everyone. I try to just sit back and enjoy watching whatever comes.
thepunisher
11/16/07 11:02:12AM
I don't think any one said he was a bad guy, just a immature sometimes, he holds a grudge like a pissed off school girl.

You guy ragging on how much he donated what about Brady I am sure he has more money then Dana.

Props for both of them for giving to a worthy cause

PS
What songs did they pick
pv3Hpv3p
11/16/07 11:50:41AM
What's that crystal ball?

Dana White vs Tom Brady at UFC 89: Why Not?
Salty
11/16/07 11:53:37AM
brady picked some awful U2 song and dana picked Rage Against The Machine - No Shelter
Jackelope
11/16/07 12:02:18PM
LMAO that is hilarious that you remember which song.

Again, in case people couldn't see it in my first couple posts- I think it was nice of Dana to do that, but let's not jump on his nuts and start calling him Mother Theresa here.
DCRage
11/16/07 12:13:10PM
Just because Dana perhaps comes off as a heel or bad guy on TV & radio and in matters related to MMA doesn't mean he's the same away from the business. It's much the same with the fighters outside the octagon-look at Tito, in the octagon he's quite a cocky sob sometimes, but away from it he gives a lot of time and money to many great causes. Either way this is a nice gesture on Dana's part especially at this time of year-that amounts to some $20K worth of food. What would be better is if some of the fighters stepped up and matched this amount or if some drives could be done at the arena by fans or charities.
Rush
11/16/07 12:22:12PM
When Celebs, Musicians, Athletes, etc. all make it very public that they are making a donation it really seems watered down to me.

Why?

1) If you are making 1 million a year and donate a thousand dollars. That is the same as someone donating 50$ when they make 50,000 a year. Well, in terms of percentages of income.

2) Donations are tax deductible.

3) Making the public statement (to me) means that you are doing this more-so for making it public than for the cause itself.

I think perfect examples of people with lots of money making genuine contributions to charity are people like Bill Gates and Kenneth Cole.
thepunisher
11/16/07 2:07:41PM

Posted by Salty

brady picked some awful U2 song and dana picked Rage Against The Machine - No Shelter

Another reason why i hate Brady god damn U2

LETS GO BUFFALO(My favorite football team is whoever is play the Pats)

For real my Team is Philly who are playing the pats next week in New England and I will be there i am jacked

Salty
11/16/07 2:11:44PM
not to go off topic, not that there really was one to begin with..... but I don't think there is a team in the NFL that can stop the patriots now that they beat the team that gives them the most trouble everytime they play each other... I don't want to jinx anything but... 16-0? I think so....
woodmo
11/16/07 3:48:22PM
It is so easy for people to jump all over someones nuts for any reason on these message boards. A guy (Dana White) did a good freakin thing by donating $5,000 bucks to charity ($20k worth of food), and instantly it seems everyone is saying "oh that's nothing to someone with his money...", "...he could afford more...", "..he did it for the wrong reasons..."

Get off his nuts for this. There are plenty of reasons for any or all of us to criticize some decisions the guy has made, but like him or not, all he did was a good thing today, for whatever reason.
CwB
11/16/07 5:31:48PM
Props to dana white for picking rage against the machine...
that proves right there that he is a good guy

WAR RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
DustinT
11/16/07 6:23:04PM

Posted by woodmo

It is so easy for people to jump all over someones nuts for any reason on these message boards. A guy (Dana White) did a good freakin thing by donating $5,000 bucks to charity ($20k worth of food), and instantly it seems everyone is saying "oh that's nothing to someone with his money...", "...he could afford more...", "..he did it for the wrong reasons..."

Get off his nuts for this. There are plenty of reasons for any or all of us to criticize some decisions the guy has made, but like him or not, all he did was a good thing today, for whatever reason.

exactly.
it's never enough really, is it?

i don't jump to any conclusions about people i dont know personally.
sure, we can judge him on his actions, but wtf do most of us know about running a expanding company.
Hardrock
3/23/08 1:33:44AM
That great that they did that, I wish they would do more but at least they are donating something, that is good for the sport and good for the homeless.

www.fthfightgear.com
WhiteWidow
3/23/08 4:21:40AM
i think hes a nice guy despite some of the hypocritical things hes done, dont really care about obsenities he says.. you all swear anyway so whats the problem? hes a real guy.. real about things, sure hes had some contridictions but i just cant get over how much hes done for the sport, hes basically a living legend in this sport without fighting one fight, in fact its called a sport cus of him so show your respect or watch EliteXC....Dana's b/s > Tito's b/s ..everyday
telnights
3/23/08 5:01:11AM
WOW talk about raising a dead topic!!
CornishMMA
3/23/08 9:25:37AM

Posted by telnights

LOL i think new guys often do this by accident using the links to similar threads
xchickox
3/23/08 9:49:10AM
i really like dana as he's obviously done massive things for mma and the ufc, and i think he's got a great take no sh*t attitude, and i think people moan about his decisions but you have to remember:

1. He's a business man at heart and he's trying to make money for zuffa

and

2. I'm sure every decision he makes isn't complete down to him, there must be shareholders and other exec's who make the decisions, just dana has the balls to stand infront of a camera and tell us those decisions and state his opinions, not many other business men will do that
WhiteWidow
3/24/08 6:12:06AM

Posted by telnights

really? your an interesting fella
sinister_16
4/10/08 9:38:50AM
Danas mouth will be his downfall in the future