Dana White Admits Calgary UFC 149 Was Disappointing

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Admits Calgary UFC 149 Was Disappointing
tallica62
7/23/12 1:24:18PM
Dana White admitted the card fell short...

I thought from the beginning the card should have been free - no way PPV. And then with that, with very few exceptions, they were very boring and dull fights

Is it just me, or does anyone else not really care to watch Faber fight again? It's always the same 5 round non finish bore

And Hector Lombard sort of reminded me of the crazy Paolo Fihlo when he fought Sonnen - it's like he was mentally elsewhere and seeing ghosts... not sure what happened to Lombard

Full Article
machodog76
7/23/12 1:43:01PM
I was having trouble with my cable box and had to watch part of the card on replay, I almost didn't order it. Man I screwed up. I've never felt so let down with a pay per veiw. I don't think you can blame Dana though he doesn't control how people fight.
airkerma
7/23/12 1:58:54PM
This has been somewhat of a trend for Kongo, the whole thinking he's a wrestler thing. I will admit the fight with Barry was epic, but ever since Cain put Kongo on his back in every round, Kongo has gone into his fights with a GnP mentality which really doesn't work when you're not particularly good at the G part...hell he rarely even gets the the G part, mostly just cage hugging at this point.
jlock003
7/23/12 2:20:37PM

Posted by airkerma

This has been somewhat of a trend for Kongo, the whole thinking he's a wrestler thing. I will admit the fight with Barry was epic, but ever since Cain put Kongo on his back in every round, Kongo has gone into his fights with a GnP mentality which really doesn't work when you're not particularly good at the G part...hell he rarely even gets the the G part, mostly just cage hugging at this point.

Did anybody else see Kongo's epic taking the back fail? It was hilarious! Beyond that there wasn't much entertaining in the Kongo fight. I actually didn't mind the main event though I just felt like Barao stifled Faber's game plan. The undercard was tremendous though.
prophecy033
7/23/12 3:03:57PM
Translation- Lombard, you sucked
tallica62
7/23/12 3:43:31PM

Did anybody else see Kongo's epic taking the back fail? It was hilarious! Beyond that there wasn't much entertaining in the Kongo fight. I actually didn't mind the main event though I just felt like Barao stifled Faber's game plan. The undercard was tremendous though.

His taking the back fail was so awesome. That was like newb BJJ who has never rolled before

You would think at this point in his career he'd really get better at it...I can just never count him out cuz of his absurd upper body physique and scary as hell looking mug
prozacnation1978
7/23/12 5:34:36PM
Overall in general ppv have sucked ass this year

Next year don't be suprised when the Ufc scales back 4 or more freebies to stack the ppv.
lll-lll
7/23/12 5:43:28PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Overall in general ppv have sucked ass this year

Next year don't be suprised when the Ufc scales back 4 or more freebies to stack the ppv.

They just signed that deal with Fox, I doubt they can.
george112
7/23/12 5:50:59PM
The guys on the undercard almost regularly have the more exciting fights . As far as knockouts and submissions go

Some bigger names are so worried about their rankings or losing that they have trouble engaging and take the decision road.
Chael_Sonnen
7/24/12 5:25:31PM

Posted by prophecy033

.....and Kongo
prophecy033
7/24/12 5:53:52PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by prophecy033

.....and Kongo

Since I picked Kongo UD I can look past that fight
Aether
7/24/12 7:21:48PM
I blame Jordan for that shitfest way more than I blame Kongo. When he got some space, at least Kongo would launch some attacks, Jordan just kept doing the leaning man all round every round.
mkatie124
7/24/12 8:45:44PM
yeah... that fight was definitely disappointing..!
when all fighters do is clinch at each other, the audience and viewers become very bored and frustrated! This fight should not have been released to the public...
on the brighter note, Kongo came out with a new t-shirt with mma elite!! looks sick!!

http://mmaelite.net/ufc-149-kongo.html
mkatie124
7/24/12 8:49:21PM
for those who are interested, you should check out this video!!
its a highlight video of UFC 148! Pretty interesting to see what they were all doing this past weekend.. hah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hck5yhG3EWw&feature=youtu.be