Dana White on UFC 137 shakeups: "Nick Diaz couldn't handle the pressure of the main event"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White on UFC 137 shakeups: "Nick Diaz couldn't handle the pressure of the main event"
jjeans
9/13/11 8:33:18AM
“I called Cesar and said, ‘What would you think about Nick and BJ Penn?’” White said. “And Cesar said, ‘If you’re offering us that fight, we’ll take it.’”

White admitted that dealing with both camps was an arduous process that’s left him a bit worn down, but that, at the end of the day, Diaz is a fighter’s fighter and and a match-up between he and Penn is one that promises fireworks

LINK-jj
prophecy033
9/13/11 10:55:01AM
I find this kinda funny considering he wanted the fight in the first place. He didn't think about the pressure 3 months ago?
prozacnation1978
9/13/11 11:31:06AM
Don't be scared homie!!

I had too sorry!!!
titlefight
9/13/11 1:26:33PM

Posted by prophecy033

I find this kinda funny considering he wanted the fight in the first place. He didn't think about the pressure 3 months ago?

The deal is he has never been held to the fire before. He has missed PR work for Strikeforce a few times and just got away with it. This time he went up againts "do you want to be a fvcking fighter" and Dana took him to task over his behavior. It also wasn't really the not showing for the Presser, it was the lying and not returning Dana or anyones calls.
ghandikush
9/13/11 2:31:48PM
I'm jut excited to watch penn knock him out in the first round so the hype can stop.
RhythmAndStyle
9/13/11 3:14:53PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Don't be scared homie!!

I had too sorry!!!

that was the first thing i said, when i heard the original match was canceled..
Chael_Sonnen
9/13/11 3:37:14PM
I don't get Nick
prophecy033
9/13/11 5:09:17PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I don't get Nick

Nick doesn't get Nick either