Dana White: UFC's Alexander Gustafsson on deck for 'big fight'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White: UFC's Alexander Gustafsson on deck for 'big fight'
prophecy033
7/31/12 1:40:20AM
It'd be easy to consider Alexander Gustafsson the odd man out.

Especially after UFC president Dana White today surprisingly confirmed the winner of Saturday's UFC on FOX 4 headliner between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Brandon Vera is next in line for a light-heavyweight title shot.

But that doesn't mean Gustafsson is the forgotten contender of the division.

Link
Poor_Franklin
7/31/12 2:23:15AM
i think it needs to be Shogun, Rashad or Machida

after thinking about it, i could easily take Gustafsson vs Bones, considering what Jones has done to the rest of the division
Budgellism
7/31/12 6:55:53AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i think it needs to be Shogun, Rashad or Machida

Agreed.

Anyone else doesn't really make sense.
tallica62
7/31/12 8:10:49AM
No offense to Vera of Gustafsson, but UFC is really screwing Phil Davis by putting these 2 ahead of him... Davis is better than Vera, beat Gustafsson, and ONLY lost to Rashad via decision - imo he deserves the fight agains shogun out of any of them... plus his next fight is everything to lose, nothing to win for him...not fair
pmoney
7/31/12 2:25:03PM

Posted by tallica62

No offense to Vera of Gustafsson, but UFC is really screwing Phil Davis by putting these 2 ahead of him... Davis is better than Vera, beat Gustafsson, and ONLY lost to Rashad via decision - imo he deserves the fight agains shogun out of any of them... plus his next fight is everything to lose, nothing to win for him...not fair

I think the only reason for that is Davis' loss was his last fight, like six months ago. Gustafsson lost to Davis probably two years ago, and he has been looking better since. They are training partners now too, so I don't know how a rematch will be received...

Davis is getting a tune up fight, in my estimation. He is an incredibly talented LHW, but he needs some momentum. I'm sure if he finishes Prado he'll be "back in the mix" and getting a big name in his next fight.

As for The Mauler, I think either Rashad or Lil Nog are good fights. Or, as it has been previously stated, the winner of either the Main or Co-Main Event from the UFC on Fox 4 card