Dana's Twitter post regarding Tito? "Welcome back, Tito" ??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana's Twitter post regarding Tito? "Welcome back, Tito" ??
emfleek
7/27/09 10:51:30AM
via Dana White's Twitter page...

I am going on espn 1100 in vegas at 6pm. I will be talking anything mma. Call in number is 702 364 1100! Oh yea and welcome back tito :)

7:24 PM Jul 24th from TwitterBerry

Did this make the "news" and I just didn't catch it?
DCRage
7/27/09 10:56:08AM
Yeah, it was posted somewhere here I think. People are reading too much into it, he later said it DOES NOT mean Tito is back in UFC. At least not yet.
emfleek
7/27/09 10:58:39AM

Posted by DCRage

Yeah, it was posted somewhere here I think. People are reading too much into it, he later said it DOES NOT mean Tito is back in UFC. At least not yet.

I don't know what else it could mean, though. I'm guessing he jumped the gun and will officially announce it on 7/31 with the "other" announcements.
DCRage
7/27/09 11:15:05AM
The big one actually might be that he's going to backflip off the Mandalay Bay. He said he would if UFC 100 did 1.5 million PPV buys. Apparently it did.
emfleek
7/27/09 11:18:14AM

Posted by DCRage

The big one actually might be that he's going to backflip off the Mandalay Bay. He said he would if UFC 100 did 1.5 million PPV buys. Apparently it did.

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm usually left rather disappointed after Dana's so-called "HUGE" announcements.
Khaos
7/27/09 12:37:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DCRage

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm usually left rather disappointed after Dana's so-called "HUGE" announcements.

I remember the last time he said "huge announcement"(the lorennzo one), I was so upset, I flew into a rage at my comp. screen.
GrizzlyChadams
7/27/09 1:25:36PM
With everything thats happened this past week in MMA, and the fact that he said he had a grocery list of things to announce, i really don't see this being one of Danas over hyped announcements.
hippysmacker
7/27/09 1:30:46PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DCRage

Yeah. Part of the reason to me is its always leaked by Dana ,or someone else somewhere on the net . Then we already know in advance. To us hardcore fans it's rarely news, but maybe to the casual fan it is.
gartface
7/27/09 2:10:08PM
I have faith that Vitor will be part of the announcements.
emfleek
7/27/09 2:15:59PM

Posted by gartface

I hope so. Along with...

Mousasi
Babalu
Fedor
Dan Lauzon

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
gartface
7/27/09 2:33:20PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I hope so. Along with...

Mousasi
Babalu
Fedor
Dan Lauzon

Vitor and Lauzon aren't dreams. The Red Devil crew as well as Babalu...total dreams.
emfleek
7/27/09 2:36:42PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I hope so. Along with...

Mousasi
Babalu
Fedor
Dan Lauzon

Vitor and Lauzon aren't dreams. The Red Devil crew as well as Babalu...total dreams.

They're MY dream! I'd love to see the UFC groom Dan Lauzon into a star. As for Vitor...he's one of the reasons I started (and kept) watching MMA back in the day.
slapshot
7/27/09 5:38:51PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by tmas

i knew all along that Mr. Ferrtita would step in and save the day.

Lets look at a fact here.
Last 3 (including current champs)
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffen.

Tito beat Forrest, Draw with Evan's, and nearly chocked Machida out (also took him to the limit in a pretty boring fight.....) What am i saying? Tito has become the man that spawns champs..... not a gatekeeper, a titlekeeper lol... NOW a 100% Tito i believe he is going to show he is still top 10, and i know he has improved his standup, and subs, i expect him to go on a run and get within 1 or 2 fights from a title shot where he may or may not win agianst lets say.....a future champ Jon Jones?!

Dana said that he's not back in the UFC on twitter so its not a done deal yet.

Yes tito and I made up Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

Link

emfleek
7/27/09 6:52:44PM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by slapshot

Posted by tmas

i knew all along that Mr. Ferrtita would step in and save the day.

Lets look at a fact here.
Last 3 (including current champs)
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffen.

Tito beat Forrest, Draw with Evan's, and nearly chocked Machida out (also took him to the limit in a pretty boring fight.....) What am i saying? Tito has become the man that spawns champs..... not a gatekeeper, a titlekeeper lol... NOW a 100% Tito i believe he is going to show he is still top 10, and i know he has improved his standup, and subs, i expect him to go on a run and get within 1 or 2 fights from a title shot where he may or may not win agianst lets say.....a future champ Jon Jones?!

Dana said that he's not back in the UFC on twitter so its not a done deal yet.

Yes tito and I made up Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

Link

I understand that. But to say "welcome back" doesn't make sense. I've never "buried the hatchet" with someone, so to speak, and announced "welcome back" to that person.
prozacnation1978
7/27/09 10:53:41PM
i think huge annocement will be siging of tito as well as belfort the pay per view numbers and annocement of main event in dallas tito vs rich