dana vs tito

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » dana vs tito
jocksmall
3/7/07 8:41:59PM
dana white and tito are going to fight in a boxing match no grappling. it was approved by nevada ac. the fight will be march 24 at ufc training facility in las vegas and will be shown at ufc.com. this is for real the article was on mma fever- are you down with the sickness.
i hope tito beats the crap out of dana
shackle
3/7/07 8:46:27PM
LOL ... can't wait well dana has a easy target lol!!!

I blind man could hit tito in the head.
loller90278
3/7/07 9:01:25PM
dana white: "the people at pride are f#ck!ng retarded!"

/hypocrit
Huckit
3/7/07 9:34:50PM
lol gotta love dana. hes the vince mcmahon, or watever that WWE guy is, of mma.
shackle
3/7/07 9:36:52PM
Well I like pride alot, but he is right to some extent...

Pride is running into the ground as we speak.

I'd rather see all fighters under one roof, but thats me.

Posted by loller90278

/hypocrit

loller90278
3/7/07 9:38:02PM
dana should stick to doin business IMO and not publicity stunts..

shackle
3/7/07 9:39:23PM
Taking competition out is business lol! wow....

Posted by loller90278

mkiv9secsupra
3/7/07 9:39:54PM
haha gotta see this... watch dana come out swinging like some backwoods retard and get ko'ed by a one two combo 45 seconds in
Huckit
3/7/07 9:41:50PM
ive seen this article on sherdog and with some additions

apparently the guys at the commission saw footage of dana fighting a few months ago and feel his boxing is better than titos. thats why they allowed the fight
Trapt1nw0nder
3/7/07 10:27:16PM
this is my prediction....(no..im no artist)
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Northrend
3/7/07 10:37:38PM

Posted by shackle

Well I like pride alot, but he is right to some extent...

Pride is running into the ground as we speak.

I'd rather see all fighters under one roof, but thats me.

Posted by loller90278

/hypocrit

Pride is running to the ground so that permits Dana to call them ******* retarded? People will say "Dana wanted to sign wanderlei to fight chuck and now that hes lost it doesnt matter" well I still think it would be an awesome fight...and I think that its not that simple to just get Wandy (former Pride champ) to fight in UFC or Chuck to fight in Pride. Alot of things have to happen and I don't think that Dana should be able to keep talking about that fight and call Pride stupid when he might of not even signed it in the first place or realized it would have never of happened yet still tried to promote it. Im not saying Pride isn't to blame as well...but I think its not completely Pride's fault.
jocksmall
3/7/07 11:01:16PM

Posted by Northrend

Pride is running to the ground so that permits Dana to call them ******* retarded? People will say "Dana wanted to sign wanderlei to fight chuck and now that hes lost it doesnt matter" well I still think it would be an awesome fight...and I think that its not that simple to just get Wandy (former Pride champ) to fight in UFC or Chuck to fight in Pride. Alot of things have to happen and I don't think that Dana should be able to keep talking about that fight and call Pride stupid when he might of not even signed it in the first place or realized it would have never of happened yet still tried to promote it. Im not saying Pride isn't to blame as well...but I think its not completely Pride's fault.

i agree that dana is scared that his fighters might lose and give prestige to pride and he thinks this is a risk not worth taking since the ufc is doing so well financially right now
MMA
3/7/07 11:15:27PM
Dana is doing the fight for 2 reasons:

1) It was in the contract deal that he signed to get Tito Ortiz back

2) It is for charity (improve PR I suppose)
illinifighter
3/8/07 12:13:04AM
i have heard dana was a good boxer and i heard since TUF3 that they were going to box. I still want to see it, i think it will be funny and entertaining
mmadb
3/8/07 10:54:19AM
At least you got's Tito's head the right size.
BloodandTears
3/8/07 11:43:53AM

Posted by MMA

Dana is doing the fight for 2 reasons:

1) It was in the contract deal that he signed to get Tito Ortiz back

2) It is for charity (improve PR I suppose)

WoW, this is for real? Man I cant see Dana winning this one. UFC truly is turning into the WWF of MMA. Blows my mind. I'm speachless
Mayo
3/8/07 1:19:54PM
Dana definitely knows how to box. Check out the first 60 seconds of this video and also the last quarter of the entire clip. Furthermore it's interesting to see interviews with the Fertita brothers in the first half of the clip. Also Dana says that 2007 will be the first year that the Fertita brothers actually make a profit.
check out the video here
loller90278
3/8/07 2:12:19PM
good video, watched the whole thing

dana's ears are surprisingly big
waylon_o
3/8/07 2:15:05PM
Everyone on here knows Dana used to be an amateur boxer, right? I mean he PROBABLY will get beat, but everyone that thinks he's going to just be absolutely destroyed may have another thing coming. He knows what he's doing in a boxing match. And it's not like he's out of shape...he teaches classes in Vegas (like cardio and fitness shit). Yeah, he probably will lose, but I bet it's not going to be some 1-sided mauling.
Manfred
3/8/07 2:22:38PM

Posted by loller90278

In fairness to Dana, it was TITO who demanded this in his conrtract and it was agreed that it would be private. Tito opened his mouth and they had to get the commissions involved. It was only supposed to be sparring.
Buddharox
3/8/07 4:19:44PM
If Dana can take a few punches, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins. Tito isn't exactly the greatest boxer.
Berti
3/8/07 4:54:32PM
i hope danan white ko's tito..would be fitting.