Dana: EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana: EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport'
mentalcase
7/13/09 12:20:58AM
UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war

UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what – I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

link
TimW001
7/13/09 2:03:55AM
EA is likely going to make a better game, and promote it better aswell. Why not do what's best for the sport?
loller90278
7/13/09 2:13:38AM

Posted by TimW001

EA is likely going to make a better game, and promote it better aswell. Why not do what's best for the sport?

because whats best for the sport isnt the best for UFC
prozacnation1978
7/13/09 2:47:00AM
dana should know by now that everyone will jump o the band wagon cause the ufc is gold
tmas
7/13/09 12:34:55PM
Dana is a baby, thats like saying were not gonna fight in Arizona because McCain led the charge to ban the UFC......wtf its in the past get over it, embrace the present and the future and make it happen! HIs job is to change people's minds, he did that, and now he wants to be a dick.....i dont get it.
mrsmiley
7/13/09 2:42:32PM
Give it a few years and EA will probably own THQ.

For better or for worse EA is arguably the biggest mega power in game developers.
They buy up other companies like their eating gummy bears or something.

I'm interested to see what happens because you got the mega power in MMA promotions ramming heads with a huge mega power in the gaming industry.
TimW001
7/13/09 8:12:32PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Give it a few years and EA will probably own THQ.

Hahaha there it is. This is true right here.

I guess Dana will have to get Rockstar Games to make the game then...

Oh wait, they're owned by EA aswell.