DANA'S SOUR GRAPES?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » DANA'S SOUR GRAPES?
1daveufc
7/31/09 4:04:09PM
Dana offered the best contract ever to fedor and was not a dick he was the nicest dana ever instead.He is not doing himself any favors in getting him there neither by saying when asked about him being number 1 p4p king(i f##king dont) and saying **** him and stuff. A wud love Fedor to come and woop Brock ass love it but its defo not going to happen if Dana going to say stuff like this.A no Dana got to be really pissed about this but please calm down and may be they will have a change of heart.
emfleek
7/31/09 4:05:40PM

Posted by 1daveufc

Dana offered the best contract ever to fedor and was not a dick he was the nicest dana ever instead.He is not doing himself any favors in getting him there neither by saying when asked about him being number 1 p4p king(i f##king dont) and saying **** him and stuff. A wud love Fedor to come and woop Brock ass love it but its defo not going to happen if Dana going to say stuff like this.A no Dana got to be really pissed about this but please calm down and may be they will have a change of heart.

I don't see any of that mattering. It's going to boil down to whether or not M1 is willing to weaken on their stance of co-promoting. Nothing more, nothing less.
1daveufc
7/31/09 4:13:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 1daveufc

I don't see any of that mattering. It's going to boil down to whether or not M1 is willing to weaken on their stance of co-promoting. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well lets hope they dont last long with strikeforce if thats where he is going to end up.Then they can give up on the co-promotion there hopeing for they still going to be making good money off of fedor with out the co-promoting.
fizzle
7/31/09 6:32:43PM
I don't think Fedor is ever going to come to the UFC, if he signs with Strikeforce its likely that after they get sucked dry paying Fedor whatever he wants, Fedor will end up in DREAM and then the same thing will happen. By the time all of these shenanigans are through Fedor will be over the hill physically and not the same fighter he once was. This saddens me greatly but it is the road that he has chosen for himself (with some help from M-1)

Also Dana has done all he can for the situation. There is really nothing more he can do to make this deal happen. Fedor just wants to have his cake and eat it too.
mkiv9secsupra
7/31/09 7:09:24PM
M1 is eventually going to die off with this gung ho mentality and at that point Fedor may find himself without the millions of dollars worth of contracts at his disposal and may decide to sign with the UFC. But at that point Fedor will be out of his prime and losing his edge. I think this last failed negotiation may have been the last chance we will have gotten to see Fedor as a superior force in the UFC.

Fedor, i think you are the best but i think you are the most idiotic as well.....(or maybe its JUST his management)
slapshot
8/1/09 3:08:35PM

Posted by fizzle

I don't think Fedor is ever going to come to the UFC, if he signs with Strikeforce its likely that after they get sucked dry paying Fedor whatever he wants, Fedor will end up in DREAM and then the same thing will happen. By the time all of these shenanigans are through Fedor will be over the hill physically and not the same fighter he once was. This saddens me greatly but it is the road that he has chosen for himself (with some help from M-1)

Also Dana has done all he can for the situation. There is really nothing more he can do to make this deal happen. Fedor just wants to have his cake and eat it too.

First of all Strikeforce has managed to intelligently build the promotion, next to zuffa Ive yet to see someone do a better job. So why would they now switch gears and throw it all in Fador's hands? I just dont see them being willing to co-promote anymore than the UFC and if that is the true sticking point then I dont see Fador being signed there or with dream either.

Do you really think dream or SF will be willing to hand a part of there company over for one fighter? I dont think so myself.

Something to think about is that "IF" some other promotion is able to sign Fador and avoid the co-promotion then I would have to say that Fador really is ducking the UFC and that M1 knows the one thing zuffa wont bend on is the co-promo issue.

Never count out pure greed, I think the people around Fador are using him myself. I think they basically want to buy there way into a promotion using Fador as cash but Fador could have his own motivation.
mentalcase
8/1/09 9:37:56PM
**** M1!

Dana tried ever thing i listened to the hour long media conference call and i believe Dana he tried every thing he could M1 is not being reasonable
adamal
8/2/09 11:15:28PM
I think Strikeforce may be willing to roll out the dough. Promoting a card with Carano and Fedor on it seems appealing from a business standpoint. And their mindset has to be "we are somewhat established but need to be splashy" I mean their next main event is a women's fight. (nothing against womens matches, it just isn't the best way to make headway into the market)

I think that if he signs somewhere else, we will never see him in the UFC. And just to play devil's advocate, can you blame him. He must see it as: hey come take less money to fight in a cage when you are more comftorable in a ring, and oh yea you get to fight Brock Lesnar.
slapshot
8/3/09 2:19:02AM

Posted by adamal

I think Strikeforce may be willing to roll out the dough. Promoting a card with Carano and Fedor on it seems appealing from a business standpoint. And their mindset has to be "we are somewhat established but need to be splashy" I mean their next main event is a women's fight. (nothing against womens matches, it just isn't the best way to make headway into the market)

I think that if he signs somewhere else, we will never see him in the UFC. And just to play devil's advocate, can you blame him. He must see it as: hey come take less money to fight in a cage when you are more comftorable in a ring, and oh yea you get to fight Brock Lesnar.

So you think they are going to be willing to co-promote with M1 who is basically a agent and not even a promotion themselves?

You realize what they are saying is "we have Fador and if you want to sign him you have to give us partial control over your company" right? I just dont think any of the top US promotions will be willing to go that far to sign him.

Its not about money because if ot was just cash Fador would be in the UFC already.
RNC
8/4/09 1:15:37AM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by adamal

So you think they are going to be willing to co-promote with M1 who is basically a agent and not even a promotion themselves?

You realize what they are saying is "we have Fador and if you want to sign him you have to give us partial control over your company" right? I just dont think any of the top US promotions will be willing to go that far to sign him.

Its not about money because if ot was just cash Fador would be in the UFC already.

Stupid Fador
nickcuc547
8/4/09 5:35:11PM
I'd have sour grapes if I were dana, hell I do have sour grapes and I couldn't have less to do with the mma industry.