Dana Pulls Out The “Special Announcement” Card on Elite XC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana Pulls Out The “Special Announcement” Card on Elite XC
MMAcca
7/25/08 12:29:40PM
Dana White is in the fight business. Fighting is in this man’s blood. That competitive spirit has enabled him to build the UFC into the great success story that it is today. There’s no way he’s going to let another MMA promotion walk into this game and just take away what has taken him years of blood, lawsuits, and friendships to build. White’s competitive nature was at no time more apparent than on July 19th when on short notice, the UFC cooked up a free Fight Night to air on Spike TV to counteract the Affliction: Banned event.

Exactly one week later, another one of the UFC’s competitors, Elite XC will be holding their second event on CBS during prime time. Their first event, as far as number of viewers is concerned, was a huge success and featured Kimbo Slice. This Saturday, July 26, Robbie Lawler will defend his title in a rematch with Scott Smith. While the UFC is not holding a live event to compete with CBS Saturday Night Fights, they are replaying for the very first time on television UFC 84 Ill Will, featuring the lightweight title fight between Sean Sherk and B.J. Penn. Other fights on that card are Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida and Wanderlei Silva vs. Keith Jardine. So as you can see, it’s a stacked card that many UFC fans will definitely tune into, especially if they missed it on Pay-Per-View back in May.

LINK
xphycorx
7/25/08 12:55:26PM
the special announcement will probably be the ufc acquiring the ifl. that's pretty big news, but us mma freaks already knew about it.

i will be watching elite xc. lawler/smith 1 was great, and i'm sure this fight will be too. then diaz/denny and shields/thompson. it's a no-brainer. i already saw ufc 84.
RMFG_187
7/25/08 1:08:13PM
Big news will either be Forrest's next fight or something totally different
dont think it will be IFL news, something else
postman
7/25/08 1:25:21PM
Im thinking It might have something to do with BJ's next fight. Since they are airing his fight
Ordep
7/25/08 4:19:40PM
Confirm that UFC 89 will air for Free on Spike and it'll be moved the same day as the Affliction Card.
nastshabast
7/25/08 4:37:16PM
Sounds like a cock tease
DCRage
7/25/08 4:49:17PM
If what I just read on F4WOnline is true, the announcement will be confirmation that UFC 89 will air FREE on Spike. It's still scheduled for October 18.
telnights
7/25/08 5:38:03PM
If I watch EliteXC will all depend on if EliteXC starts focusing on MMA or the side show BS they put on last time. I haven't been discussed with a show as I was with the last CBS show they put on. The hole Kimbo issue really bugged me to. I still thing that EliteXC had some influence of the outcome of that fight.
prozacnation1978
7/25/08 6:52:22PM
might be rumored bj penn vs gsp in dec as well as free spike on oct